Jericho

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 30 Nov 2004 15:14

Edit: DAMN! By the time I got to NuR's and Shredster's posts for ATW tips, I had already finished shredding. I guess i'll do that tomorrow.

Today sucked ass so much at my house. BUt school was pretty good.

Today at my house: I only friggin' got like three rakes down, I still can't get even halfway of a quarter of a fraction close to ATWs but I guess I'll get it after like five weeks... same for my clipper stalls... took me like 3 weeks. Typing of which, I had a small string that I'm trying to get down as my FIRST ever string. Before this, I've just been kicking in circles.

toe stall>clipper stall>toe stall>outside stall>rake

Fuck. I really should have put down my sole delay. I'll try to incorporate that maybe after the second toe stall....

At school, it was okay. I got to do some rallies with my friends but not a lot of freestyling. Because one douchebag of a gym teacher threatened to take my/our bags (we had like 3 circles) and keep them. SUCH BULLSHIT!
Oh well, at least it wasn't me when I was watching a circle today. My wisdom, I actually deciede to follow and later, it proved helpful. My gym teacher (a different one) walked over to them and took a kid's Mr. Sandbag. It was mine but I sold it to him for $5 which is like 45 canadian dollars? I'm not good with monetary exchange...... I felt like shit. Just when we actually had a rough sechedule of shredding between classes, it was torn to pieces.

Goal:

ATW
DATW

40 non-stop toe stalls

40 inside stalls

40 outside stalls

"the" butterfly.... I don't even care if it's shit just as long as I can do it

solid rake

solid clipper stalls I can just incorporate into random strings when I want..... THAT SOLID

Make at least 4 32 panels by the end of December

:?

I guess i'll change my sig if you guys want me to....

dazza
Flower Child

Post by dazza » 30 Nov 2004 17:01

Hey Jericho !
Dont you worry about that sig too much, and neither should i :wink:
I dont wont you too change sh*t, i was just curious what do wanted
to say with it .
To me, america isnt a white man country, but indeed white people
conquered it and destroyed the culture of its original inhabitants...
and there are the descendants of african slaves and various groups
of immigrants from all over the world.( i mean were does your surname
come from ? :roll: )
All these "ethnical" groups are what america is today, and my ancestors
from my american fathers side ( my moms german )are of
african, chinese, indian and irish origin ( no kidding ), but
you bet that i dont look "caucasian" at all !
Because of various economical and political contexts, white people usually arent "forced" to have cab driver type style jobs in countries of the orient...
Maby that answered your question...

But case closed, in my next posts i will concentrate on footbag related topics
and give you some pointers, if you still want after i wrote all that preachy
stuff :D
As for drills, practice toe>same clip on both sides until you faint
and maby you want to try mirages and legovers after you got
some atw experience 8)

keep up your shred enthusiasm

d- man
EASYKINKI

LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 01 Dec 2004 12:23

No, it's ok I just had my curiosity piqued when my friend wrote that once. It's never left my mind. I do understand that America is what some people call a "melting pot" of cultures. The way that I addressed America is certainly wrong and I know. It was quite brash or whatever word that is..... to judge America as a white man's country..... I mean.. I'm friggin' Filipino. It's pretty ironical that my writing states America as a white country... I also need to wrok on my english...

Anyways... back to blogging...

Today at school sucked for me.... I had about 20 minutes of shred. Although, it wasn't even really shred. It was more like hop around and keep your pants up. I forgot my bel to day at school so I ended up having to have my hands in my pockets to keep my jeans up... I didn't hit much. I think today is more of a stay inside with no fucking room to shred day. It's friggin windy outside and I sure as hell can't shred inside. That only shredding I can do is to sit on the couch and just keep the bags in certain stalls. Beyond that, it's crap..... I'll just wait for the wind to die down... I can't wait until it's summer. Vacation and unstoppable shredding time!!!!

But that's not for like...... 5 more months

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 01 Dec 2004 12:27

Dude...do you have a mall near your house?
Malls are key for winter shredding if you can find a reclused area where the scurity can't find you.

Just don't go and shred in the open or you'll end up getting kicked out every week like i do! :x
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 01 Dec 2004 12:36

Naw, dude, and the mall is fucked now it's fucking winter.... CONSUMER TIME! It's going to be crammed as shit and that mall I know is mad small. Security's everywhere. It's like they're on a stakeout for potential anythingers....

I guess I'll just wait for church and even then, it's prolly going to be like, a twenty minute shred b4 the service starts....

Thanks for the tip though.... if it was like a mall of America, i could prolly pull it off.....

LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 01 Dec 2004 14:34

I sense a decline in footbag this winter. I really don't know how to get around this horrible weather. If my house wasn't a fucking ranch and If I had a basement, I could probably be able to shred there.... maybe it's time to get my folks to move after a while but that's not possible. I'm friggin going to college in like, 2 years! So it's not gonna be really big.

Anyways, It was windy as fuck so i didn't get much done maybe 10 minutes of fucking aorund and shredding. The wind really gets in the way! I really hope it's warmer and dryer soon... I got one rake that I "the"d and some clippers with maybe 5 toe stalls, inside stalls, outside stalls and that's about it. By the time I warmed up, I got really pissed with the wind and just stomped back home..... I didn't even get to get around to my ATWs..... it's so hard!!! I'll take all the tips you guys give to me... thanks for those! I'm trying to use them to the fullest extent but i guess I have to wait until my legs build up more...

LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 02 Dec 2004 12:54

Hmmmm! Good day it has been!

At gym, my gym teacher was absent. The one who takes the bags and keeps 'em for like two weeks. Anyways, I got to shred right after two balance beam routines and a parallel bar attempt. I guess it's impossible for me. Anyways, my rake wasn't on today so I didn't do it but I've been shredding almost nonstop today so by the nd of the day, I got nearly solid clipper>toes almost three times!! For you guys, it's like nursery rhymes but for me, It's like I just cirumcised!!! I feel like a man now!

Anyways, thanks to your tips, I was close to hitting an ATW so I'll start shreddinga gain tonight maybe to get at least 1 ATW if the plumber guy comes..... my sole delays have been shit lately I have to polish those too.... damn.. I guess forgetting some tricks is inevitable when you're learning building blocks....

Hey thanks a lot again guys for the tips keep 'em coming!! If I were good, I'd give you guys tips.. but you're the good ones!

lightningbolt
Nothing Vulgar

Post by lightningbolt » 02 Dec 2004 13:18

IMO, atw isn't a speed trick. It's a timing trick. There a certin amount of speed involved but for the most part it's timing. Keep the bag under you. Don't move your dex leg so fast that it goes wild and wide. Small controled dexs are key. Keep working at it! You get it in time!

Yeah, thats all I got.
I think I going to take over Canada. You should help.
Get Firefox!

LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 02 Dec 2004 16:00

Thanks! Yeh... I figured that out when I noticed my leg keeps getting harder and harder to stop as I go faster... It's just another basics thing.... I hope my timing's right tomrrow!

Anyways... I was really tired when I came home, not even caffiene could pick me up so I decided to just stay home today and shred for three hours tomorrow......

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 02 Dec 2004 17:31

Hey are you going to the Chilly Philly this year? We're working on pretty much the same stuff and it'd be cool to shred and all that awesome jive.

props on the clipper/toe stuff. I'm just getting that stuff down too. One day, man. One day. . . Pretty sure you skool more than I do so you'll have to show me a thing or two . .. when that day comes.
Pat Thomsen
Syracuse, New York - The connecting point to footbaggers in the NE and Canada. We make pancakes and air conditioners.

LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 02 Dec 2004 17:56

No problem man! Actually, one problem.... my scehdule is only so limited.... if I can just wait a couple more years until I'm a senior, I'l prolly be able to pull of going to places. For now, my folks will definetely not let me go to CP... Sorry man..... there's always the next year, you know?

LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 03 Dec 2004 15:36

On a brighter note, I set a crocheted bag on fire today in alcohol and played firehack with my friend but apprently, the alcohol sucks and I need to get like, 90% not some crappy 70% Isopropyll....

I just schooled more today to see if I can finally land an ATW but like the clipper stalls, these things take time.

Speaking of clipper stalls, that was prety much all I schooled today. Because we had a plumber guy come over, I couldn't shred 'cause I had to stay and help him in case he needed stuff...

Man, I'm on a tangent. Anyways, I just schooled to get solid basic stalls. Toe, Outside, Inside. My Clipper Stall really needs to be worked on. I guess, hopefully, by next week, if I can go outside, I can prolly land a couple ATWs by then and a couple blogs from now, I'll be saying, "I hit finally ATWs!

On bags, I'm almost done with my nearly one-string bag made from an old shirt just to get used to stitching. But I really don't know how to put the bag end-to-end so I'm pretty much screwed if I tried this with good facile!

Maybe I'm not cut out for stitching.

Anyways, nothing big today guys... just shred, school, stitch and shred like my title-sake

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :? :?:? :? :? :? :? :| :| :? :? :? :? :| :|

LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 04 Dec 2004 15:53

It's Saturday so I got work and I'm too fucked to do anything else. Maybe tomorrow but I got band practice. FUCK! I guess I'll squeeze in shred here and there. Anyways, I need to finish my practice bag so I can buy facile (My Dad's deal is to finish a decent practice bag so he'll believe he's not wasting 40 bucks on good facile. I hope not shredding for 2 days doesn't affect you. It's some freakish thing that happens to me that when I don't prctice something for over three days, I lose half the stuff I learned. That totally sucks ass. I hope I can find a way soon.....

How r U guys?

Does any of you guys stitch?

Just call me hagesy
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Just call me hagesy » 05 Dec 2004 00:47

I thinking about starting to sew sand bags so i can give them away and get people into it.
Anthony Hagen

Buy O'wheel Bags, he is the man, trust me.

"It is none of my business what other people think.

Piechu
Shredaholic

Post by Piechu » 05 Dec 2004 03:00

LittleBoy footbag wrote: I hope not shredding for 2 days doesn't affect you. It's some freakish thing that happens to me that when I don't prctice something for over three days, I lose half the stuff I learned. That totally sucks ass. I hope I can find a way soon.....
I tkink the footbag is like ride on bike... You never forget that.
For me 2 or 3 days break give me freshess. Everything I do better then...
After this breaks all i wont is to play... it is as addiction;]
Damian Piechocki
Tomistyka FC Szczecin

LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 06 Dec 2004 12:36

Hey, I'm back guys. It raining today (When is it not?) I can't friggin wait until it's summer when it's dryer and I have vacation!!! Summer hack!

Anyways, I just got back from a "2-day sabbatical leave" on footbag. I did not touch my bag (well....... for no more than 20 minutes at a time) for 2 days. And after a quick de-rusting, I managed to nail, once again, an unimpressive trick to most of you but to me, a milestone in not sucking history...

toe>outside stall>clipper stall> outside> jester

see, I really need to be better. my ATWs are slowly, slowly, slowly, slowly, slowly, slowly, slowly improving. I almost met the bag today but I dropped it. Just once, I'd like to do it....

Bags: I FUCKED UP!!!! SHIT!!!!
I'm so pissed. I was so close to being able to finish my practice bag so I could get facile but I fucked up on the hexes and proportions. I'm so pissed. I spent 2 fucking weeks putting this shirtbag together and fucked up at the last minute. I guess I'll take Jeremy's tips on making a spiral pattern but I'm no geometry PhD. Time to cut hexes......

Just call me hagesy
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Just call me hagesy » 06 Dec 2004 13:54

Don't sell yourself short

that little run you did would look pretty smooth and impressive man.

Keep shredding dude.
Anthony Hagen

Buy O'wheel Bags, he is the man, trust me.

"It is none of my business what other people think.

LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 06 Dec 2004 14:16

Thanks man. I do think, though that I'm mediocre. I want to be able to make it maybe next or two years from now, in chilly philly in the intermediate section but that's not gonna happen unless I push the living crap out of myself. Sometimes physically, other times mentally. Thanks again. My bad if I sounded suicidal...................

:)

LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 08 Dec 2004 16:47

Damn, I'm so stupid. I forgot to eat lunch so when I got home and started to shred, I wondered why I started falling so often. Then it snapped in my mind. Durrrrr!!!!!! I didn't eat lunch! Wow it's creepy how somethings, prticularly footbag and two toher important things get in the way so much of basic essentials. Like how not to die. Anywho, I noticed a steadily increasing stability in my clipper stalls. I managed to get toe>clipper pretty nice but my outside>clippers are really, really getting along. I'm actually happy of this. But sadly, my ATWs are really falling behind. I should school more but my schedule only allows for shred about 30 minutes a day. In the beginning, I could shred for like, 1 1/2 hours. Damn.. I gots to find a way to get around this and shred someplace warm and habitable. Not cold, inhabitable and full of ice. No offense canada and alaska and finaldn and cezch republic and other cold places.

My bag's crap. I want to start a new one but that would hinde rmy dad from buying me the Facile sooner. When I get the facile, I'll make another shirtbag. I just want to get to the discontinued section before anyone else so I can get the most cheap facile.

Anyways, at school, It was the WORST FOOTBAG DAY I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. I was shredding with my friends. And now, since footbag is relatively big at our school, there were about 15 people circling with us. So I was the nice guy and took out all three of my sandbags. At the end of the session, I found out SOMEONE had jacked my bag (My favorite one: A Mr. Sandbag in dark, dark blue and black colorway) I managed to get both of my black and whites but I guess I'll have to order one or two more again to make up for that loss..... now, before you guys say that I shouldn't have taken out the bags in the first place and shredded with people who are not exactly the most trustworthy potheads you know, you have to admit that most likely because I bring bags to shred-shred with everyone, footbag is growing in our school....... if I can't buy sandbags anyways, I'll just go ahead and make my own. Provided my dad actually wises up and helps me get the facile.

Oh, man. Can't wait until winter vacation!!! Hopefully, it's warm outside so I can shred all vacation long!

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 08 Dec 2004 17:37

toe>outside stall>clipper stall> outside> jester
sorry I forgot, is jester flying clipper, or what... good job on the run though.
Dustin Rhodes