bloxterity dortmund

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
skoxn
Multidex Master

bloxterity dortmund

Post by skoxn » 23 Nov 2004 00:37

ok, i have too much time, cuz of unemployment. that sux, but i can tell you a bit of my crew:

we started kicking in 2001 and started freestyling in 2002. now, 2004, we founded an official club. we have now over 10 members, the youngest is 17 and the oldest is 26. every monday, wednesday and friday we have regular gym sessions for about 2 hours. at these sessions, there between 3 and 6 players normally. some people went off for studying, but there are enough to get some circles. ok, now i tell some details about the persons:

at first, who impresses me the most, is nils. he plays for not one whole year, but busts like ass and won the intermediate freestyle championships. i´d say, two more years and he will be one of the top freestylers. he has a good solid foundation and does a lot of long, long strings.
there is viktor, the oldest male with 24 years. he hits crazy stuff including wonton sets and eclipse. if he would train his flipside, i would marry him! 8)

ohhh, i notice i´m too lazy to write some more. maybe at the next time.

so here a few highlights of the last training session. sebastian hits a new pixe legover drill record with 15. viktor hit pdx GRIFTER. nice job! he tried blurry grifter, but failed everytime. i´ve done toe drifter bsos. and i´ve hit my new personal sick trick: stepping knee bump ducking butterfly. woohooo. ok, that´s it. i dont know, if i will write regular in here. we´ll see...
alexander skocki
dexterity dortmund e.V.

Ikuzo!!!

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 23 Nov 2004 00:53

It's great to read a blog from the other side of the world!

I hope you keep this up! :D
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 23 Nov 2004 03:41

yay another german blog! greetings from munich, I'm curious about
your progress!

skoxn
Multidex Master

dexdo member conception

Post by skoxn » 24 Nov 2004 03:50

second time. i´m gonna write some more about the people, i usually play with.

sebastian: he plays freestyle for 2 years and is the only one in our team, who can really do osis both sides. he hits stuff with lots of stepping, pixie things. everything really bothsided. i like his style!

thorsten: woah, he´s a phenomenon. i believe, he is like an anti-player. he can´t kick the bag for more than 5 contacts, doesn´t really have a good foundation, but hits big stuff. he can crack his ankle, so he osis´ very easy while standing. biggest combo i´ve seen ( if i can remember so far): legbeater > dyno > stepping whirl. insane!

myself: i´m the opposite to thorsten. i can´t bust any 5´s. i don´t have any sets, excluding stepping and a strongside fairy. i normally play my dlo´s, eggbeaters, drifters. first i wanna get a good repertoire of single tricks, then i´m gonna train some sets.

inga: one (of our 2) female shredders. ohhh, i wish, i could inspire her more. she gives up relatively fast. atm she is still working on her basics, but can also do osis and some 3´s. she just needs time to grow!

anna: anna just started this footbag thing. haha, she resisted so long, when she taught her, play some footbag. she said:" WAAAAHHH, fuck you silly boys, with your fucking gay sport." hmm, ok, now she understood, what she missed. she is now in the kicking and waits for her first pair of lavers.

etienne: he was the last years a little bit afterwards, not so into the footbag sport, like the others. but now he started training regular, developed a passion for this sparetime activity. he learns really fast, has a good foundation and is bothsided most.

micha: well, he was last year at worlds with others, but didn´t really play. i dont know, why not. but now after 2 years of "hackysack"-blabla, he decided to join in and train a bit. so he drills now the toe basics and clipper.

there are two more guys from unna, i don´t know them really well. but what i´ve heard, they explode. german footbag scene, you can expect some damn good new players!!!

i use this blog, not to forget my bad english knowledge, i´ve learned at my school time. internet isn´t as bad as lots of people say, cuz you can improve your language skills. ok, today in the evening, we have regular train. maybe there´s something to report...
alexander skocki
dexterity dortmund e.V.

Ikuzo!!!

dazza
Flower Child

Post by dazza » 24 Nov 2004 13:10

Moin !
Finally you lazy gits started a blog :lol: its kinda funny,
because after watching nils summer shred thing, i realized
that i havent heard or seen anything, from either nils or vik,
since we met at the munich streetlife festival. Then i asked
why you dont blog, and now you are doing so :D
its nice to read about other crews, especially from germany
( old europe -lol-);inspires me a great deal.
BTW, thanks for all your vids !!!
Are you the guy rocking an afro ?

bis bald,
daryl
EASYKINKI

skoxn
Multidex Master

cold outside, with the thoughts not by the game...

Post by skoxn » 24 Nov 2004 15:45

yep, you´re right daryl in two points. i got much hair and i´m too lazy, so your "kick in the ass" was needed. thanks for that ;)

so here a few experiences from our today´s session:

vik was busting huge as always. he surprised me by hitting massive 5´s. and not only on his strongside, no. he flipsided the shit. the results are ripwarrior and blurry whirl. props for that!

i totally sucked today. my target was to hit drifter not just from toe, also from my flip clipper. but i failed. maybe thats because, i decided to train after a program. etienne and me started the training with 10 minutes of kicking, toe basics, clipper basics, ducking/diving. next time, i´m gonna play as usual. after being pissed by dropping, i started to consecutive butterflys. but i couldn´t also beat my record of 34. not my footbag day.

thorsten was in good condition and hits some new atomic things, like atomic ss butterfly or easy atom smashers. he more and more impresses me, by hitting some big stuff "just like that". that looks so easy, no effort.

shretienne trained with me and started to school some duckings. he is on his way. i believe, he is the one, that has the most progress and the biggest ambition in getting better and better. todays best combo, i can remember so far: magellan > smear > pixie butterfly (whats the name????) > pdx mirage

micha also played good today. he has butterfly on his foot and does clipper both sides. but okay, next time. it´s really cool to see him play. he has not the figure of a typical sportsmen, rather the oppsoite. but respect to him, he is willing to train. he will make his way.

some people were missing today. inga is on vacation in spain for one week and anna stayed in cologne with the people from her company.

god it´s 5 hours since i pulled on my pants after shred. i have to shower. tomorrow i have to wake up early to go to the financial department to get a non-profit character for our club. i have to send this paper to the associationoffice, they will free us from costs! all these official ways are so slowly, everythings retarded. really annyoing!! but after that everything is done and we have our own, independent, official club! a good start in life! i´m proud of myself. yep, i can say that!
alexander skocki
dexterity dortmund e.V.

Ikuzo!!!

sNale
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Re: cold outside, with the thoughts not by the game...

Post by sNale » 28 Nov 2004 07:04

Hi Alexander,
good to hear from you guys in NRW. It's really great how you push all that club releated stuff, I hope we'll here get all that done in early 2005.
skoxn wrote: i can remember so far: magellan > smear > pixie butterfly (whats the name????) > pdx mirage
The name is "Dimwalk :).

Tell us more about Vik hitting tricks on both sides! Did he hit Blurry Whirl and Ripped Warrior on both sides?
And do you know what Nils's Infinitie record is?

So long Max
Max Jaeger
munich-footbag.de

Du bist Footbag!

skoxn
Multidex Master

grosses theater!! mitternachtsbasketball in scharnhorst!

Post by skoxn » 04 Dec 2004 05:47

yesterday there was again a famous "mitternachtsbasketball"-event (midnightbasketball), organized from the youth-centre here in dortmund-scharnhorst. this event offers kids and teenagers the possibility to do sports in the night, not to go stealing and robbing persons. its a part of the youth-work from the youth-office. every winter, there are 5 midnightbasketball-events in 5 diferent gyms. it´s not only basketball, you can play soccer, table-tennis, kickboxing and lift weights. and of course FOOTBAG. its from 10 p.m to 2 o´clock in the night. 4 hours of having fun. there we´re some little tournaments, like streetball 3on3 or a soccer freestyle competition. one pro-soccer player, christoph metzelder, from our local-best-soccer-club-ever borussia dortmund showed up and judged a bit. in the weight-lifting-competiton, the winner witalij won with 125 kg, followed by igor with 120 kg. i wondered a bit, why just russian people go hard with weight-lifting.

so, we were with 5 persons there. first started to kick slowly and playing 4square to get warm. then some shred. in between some kids showed up and were interested a bit in this weird sport. but they asked more things like: "Can you also do this with a soccerball?" harm, i just can atw and mirage. they weren´t that impressed, as i would be... the most kids are more in things like kickboxing and lifting weights, where you can battle each other directly. poor people, they miss a great sport. next time, we have some big banners, that we´ll hang up in the gym, so noone can survey our sport.

vik-the-slick was in good condition. he busted some ps whirls. and the ripwarriors work better and better. i cant remember really much from the shred. i hit a new combo, which feels good: legbeater > blur > drifter > pdx flail. anyway i realized, rakes are really cool. micha also had a good night. he hits clipper both sides, some nice toe 2 add drills. the others played good like regular.

i´m looking forward to the next mitternachtsbasketball. it´s always fun to play at night and watch other sports in a break.
alexander skocki
dexterity dortmund e.V.

Ikuzo!!!

nils
Hack Fiend

Post by nils » 24 Dec 2004 04:13

Hey Max,

i think my infinity record is between 50-100. I dont play footbag for infinity records ;) Infinities are only the best training to become a good smove player!

skoxn
Multidex Master

full-of-eaten

Post by skoxn » 10 Feb 2005 03:18

last time, i ate so much chinese food before shredding, after 30 mins of kicking i gave it up. i felt, i have to puke...

BUT, i was close to pdx drifter > pdx whirl > pdx dlo

:!:
alexander skocki
dexterity dortmund e.V.

Ikuzo!!!

nils
Hack Fiend

Post by nils » 13 Feb 2005 22:04

Nice kombo skoxn, hope to see that ;)

Its time for summer...

Ducking Pardox Whirl, Paradox whirl, spinning whirl and ps whirl become fine. Something like Outside(DEL) -> blender ...
And many other shit...

Now I work on Flipeside sets.... hard work that summer... :roll:

I al

skoxn
Multidex Master

i am in a good mood

Post by skoxn » 16 Feb 2005 13:34

TODAY!!!

Where? Youth Centre Dortmund Scharnhorst
When? 18:00-20:00
Who? 9 guys and one shredita
Music? started with "Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand" over to a d&b mixtape by drums ´n freaks and ended in helge schneider songs 8)

i think, today´s session was a good one. the most enjoyed it much. not everyone was doing big, new tricks. some skooled and wer´e happy about being better and more controlled. i saw things like whirling rev whirl by andre, symposium eggbeater from uwe and long, long runs by nils. yes, the unna crew is exploding. 5 years younger and 5 times more progression for them. they will kick ass in summer!!!

i felt also good today. after kicking for about 15 mins i started slowly with some basic 2 add drills to get the legs warm. then i tried carefully some pixie sets. oh god, everyone does pixie. i´d like to hit it too. but i´m too lazy to train it intensive. i´m not very satisfied, i like to have more toe sets as a strong fairy one. but, exercising single tricks are more fun, so pixie comes later...
the circle shred was funny, i did no new things. i realized, that i use more and more flipside dlo, awesome! ahh i remember, i did some flipside symposium bubbas, in summer i have them in my game. at the end, i got some tips on my drifters from drill instructor FAB, so i managed to hit drifter > drifter a couple of times. and i found out, that my flipside pdx eggbeater IS NOT my real flipside. i always tried it rightfooted and it worked no single time. that always holds me from doing it on the other foot, cause:" Yes, flipside, why the hell should it work on the other side???" today i did it on my left foot and SURPRISESURPRISE i hit it. after being stoked about it, i realized, that i executed it now with my strong eggbeater motion. oh footbag, everytime some new experiences...

for the future, my thoughts are all the time on planning the german championships and going to todexon. i was in prague at world 03, but this time, i have A LOT OF TIME there. i missed that a bit at worlds, cause i just did one day of sightseeing and you need for sure some more to get impressions by this city. this time, i am there from tuesday to tuesday with my girlfriend and one other shredder from dortmund. so, enough time to watch prague and hardcore freestyle footbag! better choice now! woohoooo!
alexander skocki
dexterity dortmund e.V.

Ikuzo!!!

nils
Hack Fiend

Post by nils » 17 Feb 2005 04:36

YES!!

I think it was one of the best training ever. Inga does pdx mirage and ducking clipper now. It works pretty good :)

I have to train flipside osis and flipeside toe.... :roll: ! I thought about many many flipside tricks includes legover to pixie sets. Thats probably one of the best trainings.
I bought GUnits and test it. WOW, at first i dont like that shoe. After one week, my style changed a bit. I feel bedder in whirl combos with that fucking good shoe. Yes, i love Gunit.

:arrow: Gogo, skoxn!

skoxn
Multidex Master

Post by skoxn » 02 Mar 2005 08:53

last session was nice indeed:

viktor did jackknife > pdx drifter and ripwalk > jackknife. i taught him to do jackknife > pdx drifter > pdx whirl, maybe he tries it today.

i was surprised, how easy quantum was for me. i did toe blur strong on the first try and toe blur flip later. today my goal to do is toe blur > toe blur. ducks and dives are working better and better for me. now i´m loking forward to todexon. i have no idea, which song i take and what my routine will look like. maybe i take an easy jazz-track from richard cheese or some country music by the violent femmes.

today is our best-visited training. the most people in the smallest place! kk, i have to go...
alexander skocki
dexterity dortmund e.V.

Ikuzo!!!

skoxn
Multidex Master

Post by skoxn » 03 Mar 2005 08:30

ummmmm, quantum isn´t that easy as i thought... :?

yesterday was fun. it felt, like it was the hottest day in this year. there were 11 people in our sports room in which normally 6 have a good place to shred. so sweaty!!! the unna crew was there and rocked hard as usual. nils did too many too long runs with lots of stepping, ducking, spinning in it. (the future german champ? for sure, he has my vote!) one other young upcomer called andre does nice runs with pixie/fairy variations and lots of whirl/rev whirling shit! really cool to watch!
i was not in good condition, my legs felt weak after the training on monday so my expectations weren´t fulfilled for this session.

this weekend are the aachen indoor open, mainly a net tournament but probably a small sick3 or shred 30 will happen. NILS GO GET THE CROWN!!! (he will, if there won´t show up any of the berlin shredders from team84 :lol: ). perhaps i will drive to aachen on sunday for some hours of nice freestyle, but i´m going to a concert by the DRESDEN DOLLS on saturday evening in cologne, so maybe i´m too tired for shred the next day.
not too many months and our first footbag tournament will happen. i´m so expectationful. i hope everything we thought of, will work. if so, there will be 2(ok, maybe 3) cool days of hardcore footbag in a nice atmosphere. jeeeeehhhh, i am ex cited!

alexander skocki
dexterity dortmund e.V.

Ikuzo!!!

nils
Hack Fiend

Post by nils » 09 Apr 2005 01:49

Heho, last Monday we started the first Outdoor shred. The weather was ollala.
Uwe is going got. He train his flipside very hard. BS Osis, Infinitys duckings, etc... !
Hard runs with pixie eggbeater -> dimwalk -> sym buba !!!
Skoxn hit very hard DLO runs and new stp shit. Very nice!

Yesterday I worked on a new routine... but it doesnt work as well.

skoxn
Multidex Master

Partying? jeah. Puking? NOOO!

Post by skoxn » 11 Apr 2005 07:25

ohweeeee,i did atomsmasher > atomsmasher last session! a really awesome feeling!!!

today, i´m gonna go for the rubberman! 8)

i trained flip drifter and osis bs. those come slow, but they will!

next big action is the "feiern ohne reihern(partying without puking!)-event"! we will represent in connection with the youth-office here in dortmund to show schoolclasses, that there can be other activities on the weekends except drinking to death. we will build up a little informationtable with the most important infos about footbag and how they can contact us. a beamer will show shredvids the whole day and every hour, a small routine will be shown. we will hand out some flyers and interested persons can write down their e-mail-adress, to get our new newsletter!
besides our small table, there will be lots of interactive stuff to do. the kids can climb ropes or drive with a carsimulator, where the driver has drunk some alc.
all in all, this event is a very good possibilty to promote footbag and show it to a large bunch of young people. maybe we can get some kids into this sport! i´m looking forward to it and i´m really happy, thet we got the possibility to be there. it will be fun!!!
alexander skocki
dexterity dortmund e.V.

Ikuzo!!!

skoxn
Multidex Master

....good session......

Post by skoxn » 11 Apr 2005 14:03

sadly no rubberman for me :cry:

BUT the session was good. we (viktor, inga and me) played in the atelier. this is a small but high room, with lots of spraycans and artist-related stuff. it wasn´t enough room for all, so we decided to go out. it wasn´t really warm, but after heating up, it was ok. it was that temperature, that you don´t sweat really.

i did a single-trick training today. less shred, more a "training", like a training should be. with lot of flopside doing and so...
my goals were:
- osis bsos and back2back (they´re becoming better and better. in summer, i´d like to have them constant!)
- a new ducking clipper > ducking clipper record: 5 :D
- good atomic stuff on both sides. (atomsmasher bs, tap bs, legbeater bs) the rubberman drill has to wait. i must get flop atomic more consistent.
- i trained for the first time paradon and hit it strongside.
all in all, i was really satisfied with it. that makes flavour for more o_O
- oh yeah, and i hit spinning clipper on both sides. not that beautiful, but still, i got it!!!

inga got a good day too. she hit pdx mirage and almost flipside. AND osis back2back!!! good job, kinga! GO!

hektor was going big as always. if he doesn´t hit a new combo, he is angry about himself and kicks bottles or that, what he gets in front of his feet. but i can´t remember what he busted.

i decided, not to go to the footjam, cause it would be too expensive. just about 100 euros for the drive and then some pocketmoney is too much right now. i´m going to the gfo and the euros for sure. when worlds will be, i´m chilling on korsika. but i wish everybody a wonderful tournament!
alexander skocki
dexterity dortmund e.V.

Ikuzo!!!

slickVIK
Hack Fiend

Post by slickVIK » 19 Apr 2005 01:50

after one year shreddin with others, i had my second lone train at all.
it was really nice to train alone, having silence and the opportunity to concentrate on moves and stuff you wanna train. At first i was afraid that i´m not string enough, that i´ll finish up after 20minutes of training :) but at the end it has been 2 hours of train.

this time i trained duckings,divings,steppings and butters.

some interesting stuff i hit on this train:

:arrow: clip->duck->clip->duck->clip->duck->clip->duck->clip->duck

:arrow: blur->butter(flip)->blur(flip)->butter->blur->butter(flip)->blur (flip)->butter

:arrow: ripwalk->blur(flip)->pixie butter->blizzard->quantum butter->butter

:arrow: atomsmasher->phönix
Viktor Kirchner

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 19 Apr 2005 02:50

nice to see you're working on your flipside finally! and duckings are so
cool, they're my favourite concept right now.

anyone coming to footjam of you guys?