Mathieu

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
acxel22
Post Master General

Re: Mathieu

Post by acxel22 » 19 Sep 2015 16:04

thanks for the kind words guys, I've been living on a cloud since that dropless performance, it's pretty much one of the thing that got me to start playing, watching Yacine dropless performances and wanting to do the same.

I'm working on putting up my new routine, I actually had one planned but it's not zelda themed and I want to build a new Zelda routine for next summer. I still have plenty of ideas but I need to find the proper music to do it, so I'm still listening to every mix or orchestra remake I can find.

tomorrow I'm going to tamtam for a 4hour session, my last tamtam of the summer!
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 20 Sep 2015 14:29

tamtam sess yay!

half of it was solo, the other half with Guillaume but he took a break is lavers were hurting him, suggested to look into a pair of units instead.

I got 3 new combos:
wauxpin to terrage, very tricky and hard, felt amazing
barfly to flurry
flip mobius to far rev swirl

some good runs, nothing that I recall in particular
Mathieu Gauthier

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 20 Sep 2015 22:46

Wauxpin > Terrage i super cool!

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 16 Oct 2015 14:09

once again, who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks, I got zulu drifter bsos today, but flip zulu is barely there I have to work on zulu clippers !
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 08 Jan 2016 11:10

wow did'nt post for about 3 months, I've been loosing a lot of motivation in those months.

I still play, but occasionnaly, like once a week since the weather got cold. I still enjoy it, I still want to make it to jams, but that seems to not work out with my schedule or finances these days.

Today I almost hit my first fairy scorpions tails, I actually delayed it, but couldnt hand catch it afterwards !

Hopefully the motivation kicks back in someday, maybe if there would be a jam I can attend would help a lot!
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 09 Jan 2016 18:32

https://youtu.be/lNuN10qMwoM

first time hitting alpine fume! about time :)
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 23 Apr 2016 04:49

Been playing on a regular basis again!
2 new tricks last night at namps:
Scorpions tail gyro toe and far symposium reverse whirl gyro toe
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 16 May 2016 14:52

today marks first month playing every day again (31 days)

new link: pdx drifter- flurry
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 12 Sep 2016 08:34

long time no post, in the past months I hit my goal of 100 guiltless run, but injured myself again one week before worlds, since then I did not play besides 2 demo's doing 2 routines per demo and showing kids some tricks and basics, nothing too hard.

That made me bail on the London jam, but I still went to ECFC since I was healed enough to play for comp. I had to restrain myself from sideline, but did a little bit for fun. Turns out comp went very well I have swept both event, altought I do not think I should have won Circle, pretty sure this was a steal from Nick, but judging works this way sometimes. Guess he will just kick my ass harder next year and show who's the boss :)

My routine was kind of ok on qualification, but my finals was pretty satisfying, one drop in a pixie shuffle I beleive, didn't hurt artistic too much, and I bailed the ending trick to spin hand catch, did not feel confident and tought might as well end with style then with a drop, I am very happy with this performance since I put very few 'real practice' on this routine that I had planned for years, but did air shred it and imagine myself hit it trick by trick so many times in the past.

Next week: Going to Japan!
Mathieu Gauthier

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 12 Sep 2016 23:36

Congrats on the win, have a great time in Japan!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 15 Sep 2016 07:57

Hey man, no hard feelings about ECFC. It was fun competing with you. You're really consistent and you played well. Losing this has only ignited my flame to grow even bigger, so I guess looking at it that way, it's a little more positive. I hope you have a great time in Japan. Please try to take some video. I'm sure it'll be a blast. Stay healthy and take care of that ankle. I wish you a quick recovery, my friend. Safe travels.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 18 Sep 2016 12:25

Hey Nick. I know it's nothing against me, not as if I judged. The win will never feel legit because I was convinced you won hands down. It was your best performance against me and I was highly entertained, keep it up!

Jfc comp day;
Rory and I did demo routines for the players. I did not feel in the zone but did fairly good, 2 drops. Rory went dropless!

For circle there was 3 pools. Tj rory and I were top seeds for qualification. They had it easy but I had pool of death, Henmo was in my pool!

Now since all players competed, audience was judging by clapping. Only 1 round 4 turns in qualification. Had to use a performance method: go as long as possible and impress. I ended up beating Henmo in qualification but I convinced the crowd to let Henmo make finals as 4th player. I think he was really pleased.

Same formula for finals but 5 turns. Ended up being a tie with me and Henmo, we had a sudden death extra round. Henmo went first but dropped after 4 contacts, so it was just go at this for long and win. I think i did like 30 contacts. I was burne after, out of gaz, out of fumes!

Today we will just shred. Everything is incredible here, I'm digging japan for everything so far, this trip already made me rethink many things, I always love seeing different cultures!

Oh and I love the women here! I asked the footbag female player to marry me but I got fairy butterflied with the new descriptive system: shut down lol!
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 25 Sep 2016 21:17

the end of the dream is here, now in vancouver airport, leaving back to montreal in 2 hours, I feel so sad after one of the best weeks of my life, crazy times in Tokyo, bonus shred with Olav in Vancouver, so many memories, so much weird stuff, so many nice people I've met. I feel so fortunate to have lived this experience and I will surely go back. I am determined to learn at least some basic japanese skills. I will not play footbag for at least the next 2 weeks, my ankle is killing me now, pushed it to the limit, also got close to bad incident while playing today some soccer players kicked the ball on my foot (accidently) but it hurt like hell on the shot, not too bad now but my body wants some rest, and I need to restart strenghtening my ankle before playing seriously again.

I've already been asked the best memory in Japan, but out of all the weird, fun, amazing, or romantic times I had, I would not be able to choose. I guess the best moment will be when I go again :)
Mathieu Gauthier

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 25 Sep 2016 21:53

Yo,

Nice post. It was great to kick together, and great to take part in that model shoot, and great to talk footbag.

Come stay at my place next year (or whenever) when I get set up! If possible, early April is one of the best times to check out Japan because of the cherry blossoms and the large-scale hanami that happens. We also get to shred by Osaka Castle, which is awesome.
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 26 Sep 2016 18:44

There will defenetly be another time of me coming, but April seems too close unless I find a way to save more money then I can at the moment, but yes very interested, I'm already nostalgic about the vibe, the culture, and of course, the women!
Mathieu Gauthier

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 26 Sep 2016 19:15

Good. Autumn is awesome too, as is the rest of the year!
TJ Boutorwick

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 02 Oct 2016 05:14

new routine music edited, unsure if it will work out, but it would complete my trio of original NES themed routines if it does :)
Mathieu Gauthier

Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 15 Oct 2016 07:28

Hey Mathieu, just wanted to congratulate you on winning the circle finals in Japan and say that I'm back in the game now so don't leave me behind next time :wink:

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 11 Nov 2016 10:56

got a dream drill of mine yesterday, felt awesome and did my best victory dance to date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iBQUDwT0So
Mathieu Gauthier

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 11 Nov 2016 13:48

acxel22 wrote:got a dream drill of mine yesterday, felt awesome and did my best victory dance to date.
Great drill! I remember doing that same dance (in my head) when I hit it the first time! I think Rory may have some new dance moves to learn...
TJ Boutorwick