Mathieu

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Congrats & TPP

Post by C-Fan » 19 Jul 2020 09:39

Just wanted to say congratulations on routines. Even if you weren't injured, making it to Finals and submitting a dropless routine would have been big achievements. The fact that you still managed to do both those things WHILE injured makes them that much more impressive.

Now give your body a break and heal up!

TPP: The Herring Net by Homer Winslow

acxel22
Post Master General

Re: Mathieu

Post by acxel22 » 19 Jul 2020 09:43

Haha I was waiting to see who would post tpp!

Thanks for the kind words,
I was hoping to actually try again this afternoon and possibly tomorrow morning, but now I got fever damn!

Last chance to go hard tomorrow morning with some luck
Mathieu Gauthier

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 20 Jul 2020 01:28

Oh no! Fever! How are you today?
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 20 Jul 2020 02:08

That's not sounding good - rest up. You've already done awesome to get to where you are already, as well as done a great job running the show.

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 20 Jul 2020 02:24

It’s 6:20 am, normally I would be playing now
I slept most of the day yesterday and wen’t to bed at 8pm!

Now I feel fever is gone, but feel like shit, maybe afternoon sess? Dunno, Starting to just embrace the success I had even tough all obstacles and if I cannot play again I will hit this harder one another time!

Back to sleep!

Edit: still slight fever and had to do a covid test :(
Waiting for results, but yeah no hard mode routine now as I am in quarantine until results come. My body is weak too so meh!
Mathieu Gauthier

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 20 Jul 2020 12:43

acxel22 wrote:
20 Jul 2020 02:24
Edit: still slight fever and had to do a covid test :(
Waiting for results, but yeah no hard mode routine now as I am in quarantine until results come. My body is weak too so meh!
Hoping for the best, friend. Daniel is right; you have done an awesome job both as an organizer and as a player...don't forget about the human part!
TJ Boutorwick

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 21 Jul 2020 10:45

Thanks for kind words
Fever seems gone now, just waiting for covid results but I am not too worried
I accepted the fact to not push my hardest and still believe if I can come close to rank 7 I will be very satisfied, and even finishing 10th would still not be something to be ashamed of!

Tomorrow I will restart the re strengthening process of my ankle, it was on the side for about a week too

Get it strong before a comeback!
Mathieu Gauthier

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Fever

Post by C-Fan » 21 Jul 2020 11:29

Glad to hear the fever has subsided. Maybe take it easy on the ankle stuff until you're fully cleared on the Covid?

Excited to see your routine on Finals night!

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 21 Jul 2020 12:44

acxel22 wrote:
21 Jul 2020 10:45
Fever seems gone now, just waiting for covid results but I am not too worried
Great to hear!
acxel22 wrote:
21 Jul 2020 10:45
I accepted the fact to not push my hardest and still believe if I can come close to rank 7 I will be very satisfied, and even finishing 10th would still not be something to be ashamed of!
I agree. I was so happy to get 7th in 2017, and I think you can be even happier to make it this far considering the amount of people who have participated.
TJ Boutorwick

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 22 Jul 2020 12:15

Good news! No covid!
Mathieu Gauthier

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 22 Jul 2020 13:46

yay!
TJ Boutorwick

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 26 Jul 2020 06:04

Ok not too footbag related as I have not really played in two weeks if we forget the session I had one week ago just before my fever hit.

About 5-6 months ago I started being more cautious of the food I eat and trying to do more side workout, did not manage as much as I could, but I did move from around 170pounds to 154 now. i am now 9 away from the slimmest I ever was in adult life, like 9 years ago. I am back in force for this goal, I remember being able to do ps whirls with so much more ease for exemple back then, something I barely ever do now just because I rather have less weight and pressure on my body!

I am pretty satisfied with the weight loss so far as I did not give it my all best, 9 years ago I lost like 30 pounds in 4-5 months, gained it back slowly over the last time my ankle was destroyed (5 months away from the game, around 2016?)

Going to get back into daily abs and push up workout now, plus re strengthening my ankle. I will try to stay away from footbag for another week or two, I really miss it as I have not played for my own pleasure for over 2 months, just doing competition sessions over pain since mid may! Ouch!

No more pain since I got fever, my ankle is on the way to complete healing, but my sinus are still mucus crazy and sleep as been an issue because of it for this whole week. I am so happy to have had entries for every event despite all that happened to me lately, truly blessed even if not the best possible!

I got all I needed from players for routine finals, everything ready for judges, one more task, compile results and enjoy the show!

See you all august 1st for a crazy final
Mathieu Gauthier

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 26 Jul 2020 12:44

Well done!

I do a 5-minute workout in the morning, and stretch just before bed everyday. That, coupled with riding to and from work everyday, has made it hard for me to gain weight. Having a chef as a wife can help and hurt that though...
TJ Boutorwick

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 01 Aug 2020 17:03

9th in shred 30
7th in routines

Best results ever at worlds since 2006 when I got 2nd and 3rd in intermediate.

I feel very good, almost like a podium to me, just thinking I beat a past worlds champion is unbelievable!!!

I can keep resting and heal correctly to come back in force!

Today is a great day to celebrate 16years of footbag
Mathieu Gauthier

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

These newbs...

Post by C-Fan » 02 Aug 2020 04:43

acxel22 wrote:
01 Aug 2020 17:03
9th in shred 30
7th in routines
I feel very good, almost like a podium to me
Huge props! I even commented in the live stream that I couldn't even tell you were injured from your submissions. Those are great results without injury, and even more impressive given your ankle.
acxel22 wrote:
I can keep resting and heal correctly to come back in force!
When I read you were pushing through your injury to compete it made me nervous since it looked like a gamble. Basically it looked like you were risking bigger injury for the chance to try and bank good results. If I had been in your position I probably would have done the same, but it still made me nervous. I'm glad for you the gamble paid off!
acxel22 wrote:
Today is a great day to celebrate 16years of footbag
Spring chicken. :wink:

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 26 Aug 2020 11:09

Started playing again lately
Got some good stuff, not going for long runs, just trying combos and drills to get back in shred shape
Got a good one today: smoke pdx dlo pixie whirl pdx egg rpt

Ankle does not hurt playing, but I still need to get it stronger for sure not in optimal shape yet!
Once I feel 100% I will film my worlds routine hard mode for redemption!
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 09 Sep 2020 05:55

Been playing every 2-3 days lately. Taking it slow not killing myself!

I sent a video to audition for a tv show sort of americas got talent but limited to the quebec province. I sent my zelda routine from the spring routine contest as a demo, and a 2 minute video where I kick and introduce myself slightly. I do not have the energy or time to build something huge for them, so either they ditch me or they are interested to know more and call me!
If i make it to the show I will make sure to enjoy myself and have a good time. Winner gets 100k$ but I am not a fool and not aiming for that haha
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 02 Nov 2020 12:05

Almost zero shred in two months due to losing our apartment, moved to a new one that is better and cheaper so all good!

We moved last week, I need to re introduce footbag in weekly routine

Checked the sppok shred off, I dislike how judging is just famous based, no offence to anyone so I won’t go further, but everyone did good. Dustin was my favorite with huge creativity!
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 23 Jan 2021 14:19

well it's been over 2 months in new place, I played like 4 times total since then, managed to make the NYJ Pandemic thing in a 30 min shred session, considering being out of shape and playing nowhere near my potential, I feel I did pretty good overall.

I found a shred spot to play after 8PM any day for almost free, take note everything is closed here where I used to play: gym, community centers..

Well 2 weeks ago government put a lockdown after 8PM you cannot go out, so I'm fucked again haha

Guess everyone have their issues :(

I am preparing rules for a new routine competition this coming spring, online again, I have good hopes people will like it even more then last year's !
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 02 May 2021 12:28

out of shape
gained too much weight
did not play footbag or barely all winter

I footed flipside locomotion today tough! slowly getting back
Mathieu Gauthier