Mathieu

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
acxel22
Post Master General

Mathieu

Post by acxel22 » 25 Nov 2004 18:22

Hi all, most of you don't know me since I'm pretty new in the community. Only known in Montreal since I'm at every session..

Well I'm about to leave for Gabon in Afrika this winter.. January or February.. date is not confirmed yet. The contract should end around July, so *MAYBE*, that if I keep enough money, I will go see the worlds in Finland.. *MAYBE*.

Without anyone to play with, I will need to keep track of my progress and I decided making a blog this far in my progress is reasonnable.

Heres a quick list of what I can hit.. *=means only on strong side

basic
*clipper sucks really bad on weak side
rest is ok

2 adds
mirage
reverse mirage
legover
pickup
ATW
pixie
*fairy
(I c'ant combine moves with pixie and fairy yet.. so I never use them)
*Swirl
far legover
maybe some easy moves I just don't remember.. Ill update this

3 adds
buterfly
*osis
*DLO
*eggbeater
pdx mirage
"outside pixie" legover (I did'nt hit regular pixie yet)
* da-da curve
* ducking clipper (set from clipper)

4 adds
*ducking butterfly (set from inside stall)
*pdx da-dacurve (I hit it only twice..)
*butterfly swirl

Things I want to be able to do when I get back in Montreal:
ripwalk flipside - No shit.. I decided to NEVER try this move again on strong side as I am pretty confident I can hit it if I try hard.. So no trying before my flipside hits it.. My flipside sucks and this will motivate me to work on it!
Anyone see me try Ripwalk on strong side has the permission to slap my in the face (once) if I still did'nt hit it on flipside!

Outside pixie legover (stall on outside) back to back... I'm working on this and I can't wait to hit it.. this is'nt really add'worthy.. but will surely look cool on camera!

clipper control on weak side, if I'm lucky I can link 5 sucky ones.. usualy drop after 1 or 2...

bring up my string length currently (3 to 10 contacts) to about 15-20
20 contacts titless on demand (just mirage>legover>repeat is fine for me)

So that's about it, I hope this list will be filled in the next months and that I can shred harder then ever when I return (even tough I'm still here for another month or two)

Feel free to challenge me, I will try every reasonnable challenges, but remember that my flipside is really bad, so don't ask me too much.

One final thing, I will surely have awesome footage (not the shreding, but the places I shred).. Gabon looks like a f*n nice place..
Last edited by acxel22 on 27 Jul 2006 19:12, edited 7 times in total.
Mathieu Gauthier

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 25 Nov 2004 21:33

Wow, so you finally got the job! And I thought you were not there tonight because you were busy getting laid :lol:

Im sure you can get really good soon, you have motivation, and that's all it takes. Oh and a better pair of shorts, you need to scrap those older ones, or keep them as a memento, or something. But they gotta go!

See you monday!
Nicholas Laroche

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 25 Nov 2004 21:38

Word. Congratulations on your new job! That sounds insane. Are you gonna need a bunch of vaccines and other precautions before you go?
You'd better shred hard while you're gone so you can come back and tear it up.
Remember, you must wear shorter shorts, that is the key to success.
James McCullough

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 25 Nov 2004 23:04

james wrote:Remember, you must wear shorter shorts, that is the key to success.
Agreed. More guys need to wear shorter shorts.

How long have you been freestyling?
Last edited by Moxie on 20 May 2006 02:24, edited 1 time in total.
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 26 Nov 2004 04:44

Yes I will get shorter shorts, perhaps this weekend since I need some new clothing.. The reason I still use those crappy shorts is simple, I never have the time to go shop for some!

As for the time i've been playing, well about 3 years here and there, nothing serious.. I started playing seriously and improving a lot since August.

And Nick.. about the "getting laid" part, your almost right on that one, since I met a girl a week ago and we started dating yesterday, She's a nurse so she can cure all of my little bruises :D

I'll be there monday, and *MAYBE* with new shorts!
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 28 Nov 2004 17:51

Oh well, my "new" girlfriend as already stepped away.. She beleives things are going too fast and that we don't know each other enough, She beleives we should just hang out and see if were really for each other.. Even tough she looks really serious about that, I can't help thinking it's BS. But anyways, theres a session of shredding tomorow and I'll be like new :D

On a good note I had a quick session in my room after she left, and I hit pixie clipper for the first time (with shoes on) since I've hit it barefoot before.. I'll have to practice it on flipside now!
Mathieu Gauthier

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 28 Nov 2004 23:47

Man, it's a great idea to start up a blog to track your progress, good thinking!

As for the short shorts I definately have to agree with the advocates of them. I am always on the hunt for a good tiny functional pair of shorts. I just bought this new pair from a second hand place. they were classified as 'boys medium' and they are TINY! but that means that they will never get in my way. you should definately give it a try!

Good luck with your footbag journey and have fun!

oh yeah! and I highly recomend you drill your weakside really hard and catch it up to your strong side to the point where you forget which is which.
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 02 Dec 2004 19:15

Well first day with my "kinda new" shorts, it feels totally different, but I really need to go shoping for a decent pair since the ones I found 2 days ago are not a perfect pair.

I've hit pdx mirage and far legover on flipside multiple times tonight! pdx mirage on flipside was my first time and I managed to hit it a couple more times, I really liked it, when I can hit a move on both sides I feel like I'm progressing way more then learning a new move on strong side. My left clipper control is getting better, managed to link from left to right once or twice, wich I never managed before..

Nick asked me to try pdx dlo and I'm not too far from acheiving it, but I still need more speed and control on my clipper for it, maybe in a week or two I hope!

Maybe I'll tag along with the crew to chilly philly if there's still room if I'm still around.. that's a lot of conditions, but I would love to hang around the competition for a pure feeling of footbag before leaving for 6 months without any shredders!

Time to go eat, I'm hungry...
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 06 Dec 2004 19:11

Just got home from today's session.. was'nt really productive, but I managed to hit my first ducking clipper (set from clipper), I'm really happy about it!
The shorter shorts I'm using are sooo much better even tough I need to find better ones, I can do eggbeater about one time out of 5.. Older shorts used to be in 50!

My left clipper seems to improve slowly but surely

already can't wait till next session.. I'll rest for now
Mathieu Gauthier

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 06 Dec 2004 21:32

A very learning styled session, if I say so myself. More like concentrated shredding. Was very refreshing, and rewarding. Nice moves today, btw. I've noticed an improvement since LAST SESSION 8O

You are a little more solid, and keeping the bag closer to you. You had some good 7-8 contact runs using only 2-3 adds (mostly 2, but still good). Was nice!
Nicholas Laroche

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 11 Dec 2004 13:40

I finally bought decent shorts today! 40$.. really costy but I think it will be worth it!
I don't know what hapenned last session but I got really sick on my way home, felt terrible, but it's all good now.
New video is ready, I'm not really happy with it but I'll just share it that way later today.
Can't wait to try the shorts monday!
Mathieu Gauthier

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 11 Dec 2004 13:46

Could you send me my sick3, or hook it up in James` space on footbag.org? (Nobody is allowed to peek though, be honest :wink: )
Nicholas Laroche

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 11 Dec 2004 13:55

sure thing, I'll PM you the link
edited: I just PM'd you the link for it
Mathieu Gauthier

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 11 Dec 2004 15:22

Thank you sooo much, its perfect, it doesn't even look uncontrolled :)

and footbag.org is UNLIMITED space.
Nicholas Laroche

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 11 Dec 2004 15:42

Just finished encoding the video, it's 100meg.. I really don't like it so I'ts gona be on hold till I find time to make it better. Actually I got nothing to do tonight but I feel lazy! I'll do my best to bring it asap
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 12 Dec 2004 10:59

Just plained bored today (I'm done with my school work, but all my friends are in a rush..)
I just had a little 10 minutes session with the new shorts, been trying pixies the whole time, Here's what I tried and I think I can hit them with more practice..
Pixie mirage
Pixie clipper (i've hit it once like 2 weeks ago but I need to hit it better)
magellan (got real close a couple of times!)
datw (geting closer then ever.. maybe 1.8 dex out of 2)

Well I hope I can hit at least one move out of this list this week! for now I'll rest my knee's since I'm gona go skiing tonight

And I really need a place to shred besides the NDA I'm looking to train more then twice a week for my last month in Montreal..
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 15 Dec 2004 12:12

I'm gona be hanging around montreal a while longer, My depart as been pushed to january 16th instead of the 9th!
I'm pretty happy about this since it will give me the time to do all I want to before leaving.
One thing would be shredding more often but with the NDA being closed for the holidays I got nowhere to go ..

I'm resting today, hope I'll be in good shape tomorow.. I made the dumb mistake to jog 30 minutes in the snow yesterday, my legs where already dead tired because of skiing and the small session of monday.. Hope I'll recover before tomorow night!

I can't wait for the division 4 sick3 tournament to start to see how I place in it, it's my first competition :D

Hope lots of people show up tomorow!
I'm going back to my bed and sleep all day..
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 16 Dec 2004 19:13

Ok really sucky session tonight... until the last 20 minutes.. out of NOWHERE I started to hit eggbeater like 3 times out of 4... I managed to hit it twice in a couple of strings.. and when I missed it it was rolling off my foot.. I remember like 3 weeks ago I could'nt hit it in an entire session..
I'm so happy I feel like the first time I got laid :oops:

I'm gona ask all my friends if they know a place where we could shred for the next weeks.. would be really cool to have a replacement for the NDA, I got like nothing to do these days.. So I could shred at least 3-4 times a week if I had a place

Well I'm gona go get some food and import Nick's new sick3 video...
ps: nick: I'll PM you the link in a couple of minutes if you read this as you got home.
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 22 Dec 2004 12:15

Small practice in my room while waiting for my lazy friend to show up! hes about 2 hrs late.. like always!
Well I've been trying reaper again.. KEEPS ROLLING OFF MY FOOT!!#*(@*#( or it hits the side of my shoe on the last moment
and some progress on DATW, I've got it to roll off my foot twice.. wich makes it 2 total dex.. I can finally see the light!
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 24 Dec 2004 22:24

Could'nt fall asleep.. 1am.. Decide to get up and drill DATW barefoot..
5 minutes.. I get it.. but loose control after .5 seconds and drops..
10 minutes.. I hit it first time (ok its not with shoe but I'm REALLLY happy!!)
Maybe now I can sleep ! :D
Mathieu Gauthier