Mathieu

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 26 Nov 2005 19:30

no footbag today, first of two day off. took a 2 hour walk instead to move the legs :D
Actually I was really depressed and needed to think over a bunch of shit. Not sure it helped but anyways.
I found 2 more routine songs, brining my total to 5!
This year in Gabon, preparing routines is one of the goals, last year was skooling basics, and I don't want to go on that again, I'll work on set's, spins, whirls, osis perhaps if they are not good enough yet, altough I am very pleased with the progress on them in the last month, getting better every session, no worries to throw them both sides (I lie flipside I'm always worried but it's working pretty good, lack of confidence I guess).

footbag!
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 28 Nov 2005 19:38

depressed all day + horrible session + good food with nick
guess it all ends nicely!
at least my osis are good now, both sides, also both sides pixie osis and pixie ss osis without too many problems
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 29 Nov 2005 08:57

small solo 1 hour session this morning, got to work on some stuff, so not many improvements but still
managed flip bop
so i went for consecutives and starting from flipside I managed buterfly > osis> pdx mirage > rpt > rpt
had one contact of flip ducking cliper>osis>buterfly, no repeat yet.. I'm working hard on this
flip parkwalk to start string no problem.. other flip pixies are still hard for some reason, I lost the momentum? I don't do a hop on my other leg and this seems to limit me on a lot of moves, ie: smear..
I think I had a 15 contact guiltless string in there, with ducks, osis, buterfly, pdx mirages, datw.. maybe a magelan or a parkwalk not so sure.. some gym teacher was watching it and really apreciated it :D

My frustration from last night is kind of away

oh yeah, I fixed my broken mp3 player with a new hard drive! it was fun
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 29 Nov 2005 16:40

another session tonight with Kolo, it was decent we both played well I think
New moves for me : Paradon (both sides!)
I must have droped 3 times out of 4 on mirage? I can't beleive this!
I throw 2 add moves here and there because playing guiltless gets me to drop pety fast if I put some variation, so using 2 adds gives me more variation easy, but damn, I mean mirage :(
Since yesterday this move has given me nightmares!

Thats all for today I think, played plenty!
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 30 Nov 2005 19:31

flip spinning is ON!
spinning legover, gyro legover, spining cliper (no spining buterfly but it was so there so many times), spinning osis
spining ducking osis out of flip spinning? yes! well I dont know about the duck because Koa and Kolo where not watching?!?!? !!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

lot of 10 + contact guiltless strings with no 2 add bails
almost paradon bsos, I did'nt work on it too much
Trying my sick3 for modified comp at end of session = bad idea, could'nt get it on tape, I got a funny sick 1 tough :D

triple dex are for soon
pixie paradon and pixie double switch are really close. i can smell it!
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 01 Dec 2005 20:06

spinning osis both sides doing well
otherwise I had no energy tonight, the vaccine I had in the afternoon knocked me down and it was actually hard to walk! But I wanted to play anyways, all the action I can get with footbaggers is always good, especially since I'm leaving in about 35days or so..
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 04 Dec 2005 17:14

3 days rest = good
tomorrow = another start of 4 days 5 session (hopefully)

3 new bags to play with in Afrika :

Also got 3 juggling balls, I can juggle 2 on both sides for now, flipside is weak too :D This is defenetly something I am catching on, I like it a lot, and it will REALLY help me recover a fracture I had on left wrist from 5 years ago..
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 06 Dec 2005 17:19

bad session today, right knee was hurt and lots of stuff was killing me, so I played without doing pixies/stepping
Tried maybe 2 fairy's and stopped
then I went for easy stuff, buterfly osis pdx mirage mostly..
then out of nowhere I went for Whirling osis, got it in 4 try's or so! it was neat :D
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 07 Dec 2005 18:54

I wanted to work my flip osis today, so I did this drill : far osis> osis> rpt, so i also work my good side, starting on flip of course, had a hard time, ended up doing it a couple of times..
far osis on flip has always been really hard for me and it's getting better now

then I worked on spins, realised everytime I drop it, it's because I spin while setting, Then I started setting and after spinning, big difference.

Some unlocked stuff today : flip gyro
managed to hit gyro mirage> buterfly > gyro mirage, first time bsos :D, did that like 3 times...

I ended up my session on a crazy string with spinning clipper bsos and almost spinning osis bsos (footed the last one and droped miserably!) it was intense and I was really happy!

Playing with Kolo sucked today! He had to go peak in my schoolbag to find the footbag he likes the most and would'nt play with the one I already taken out, it's really annoying when people play with your bags and have to complain about them and switch them.. anyways, enough negativeness! The last solo hour was way too good and sweaty! :D
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 08 Dec 2005 19:45

ok today I was trying spinning osis > spinning osis so many times.. no luck but close couple times
I've hit lots of whirls midstring, pdx whirl too 2 times midstring.. they are getting better and yet, I never work on them, its BONUS! :D

first 4>4>4
dimwalk > ducking osis > ducking buterfly (yes it had to involve 2 buterflys, beats 3!)

hmm my legs hurts so much, it's been so all week and I did not try any intense combo, always played smooth instead, more osis/buterfly stuff then pixie/stepping, guess it helps style more tough, I don't wanna end up being tapping the floor all over all the time, I like to be relaxed and follow the beat,

I broke my penis too! It hurts me so much..

Penis is my favorite bag, and it has a big hole in it, a pannel is unstitched! and there are NO STITCHERS in Montreal, maybe a friendly one will help me out in Chicago or Rochester, I hope :)
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 09 Dec 2005 20:01

Kicked a couple minutes while at badminton tonight, REALLY close to spinning whirl
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 12 Dec 2005 20:16

bad session and could barely spin, even bsos, what a shame :(
Next session at least I'll beat Riku's inside stall record, gave it one try and hit 75.. I'll beat is record next try
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 15 Dec 2005 18:27

OMG I forgot to do that inside stall record to piss off Riku!

otherwise awesome session, my steps where never better, or cleaner, I had to wait to finish my ripwalks..
ended up doing shmoe>dimwalk>buterfly>ripwalk wich was really satisfying
flip pixie : I FINALY FIGURED IT OUT AGAIN (and for the last time)
I used to do this set so lazyly! my foot was crooked, now that I concentrate for the foot to be straight = perfect set every time, :D
still not midstring, I need to school it a lot to be really used to it, but almost done pixie paradon (footed)

also almost pixie ss mirage b2b

the last hour of the session was solo, and useless.. for some reason flip spin was totally OFF, for 1 hour I was trying spinning clipper on it and NOTHING, Soooooo frustrating,, this move was easy for me ! even tonight before Kolo left, the bastard stole my flip spin!!!!
ended up just trying Gyro and almost hit gyro osis bsos.. but man.. wtf.. flip spin where is it!!!
If someone finds it please return it to me via email. even tough nobody reads my blog or cares besides me 8)
Mathieu Gauthier

Just call me hagesy
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Just call me hagesy » 15 Dec 2005 18:39

Yep it is crazy when you drill a concept and you think, nice i have got that under control, then next session you have gone two steps back, footbag is crazy like that.

Persistance is the key to success.
Anthony Hagen

Buy O'wheel Bags, he is the man, trust me.

"It is none of my business what other people think.

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 15 Dec 2005 20:02

my god how can I forget that massive stuff I *ALMOST* hit
triple over down, janiwalker (god damn close), pixie paradon
there is some light for future moves :D
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 19 Dec 2005 12:04

here are my goals for the next 6 months in Gabon:
- whirl + pdx whirl both sides.. I can hit them on one but pdx is still occasional.. other side is really bad
- improvement to osis, they are good but flip can use some help .. I drop to it once out of 3...
- pixies, strong side is usable midstring, it still needs a small boost for me to be satisfied, flipside is coming, I just cant do it midstring (once so far), I want it to be as good as my strong side is right now
- Stepping, strong side needs this small touch to make it good, flipside is non existent and needs a huge load of work, both sides need to work when I'm leaving gabon
- Fairy , I've hit this set a couple of times but never worked into it, would be fun to learn it properly
- double dexes on flipside, yes they are bad, they need work, paradon/double switch ...
- barfly, and flip reaper ... still didnt hit those, and I want to because double dexes are the moves I like!
-flip zulu, wich also means flip diving.
- more 5 adds, maybe a 6? spining whirl, if I end up geting pswhirl and get constant to it, perhaps whirlwind? would be so neat...
- I want spinning ducking both sides, I've been to a point where I could do my good one on first try, and even midstring couple of times, totaly lost this, I already hit spin ducking osis both sides.. I can do this
- flipside blender, maybe both pdx blender.. no rush on these.
- swirls, flip reverse swirl (same as for blender, no rush

That's the list of tricks

Other goals:
Be guiltless (I'm trying but I always throw a 2 to regain balance..)
Prepare 3 good routines (I have lots of routine songs and ideas)
Prepare shred 30 (doubt I will, but I should)
Create new cool combos, I will surely do!
Make a video once in a while for my montreal friends to show some progress
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 02 Jan 2006 09:02

pk while chicago and rochester I did'nt try anything new, In chicago I had lots of good strings, I had a lot of spins out of osis midstrings, lot of drops as well! But it is getting better
spinning osis> spinning osis!
zulu clipper>ripwalk on first try
osis>gyro osis midstring many times.. this is so cool

otherwise someone asked me to do stepping ducking at rochester.. I was playing very bad at the moment but my steps where really good, I had one at neck height, duckable but I was'nt expecting it, only tried like 3-4 of them, did"nt insist..

it was really fun and I will soon work on my list as I arrive in Gabon!
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 04 Jan 2006 22:01

real bad session tonight, but in my room i went for some more, barefoot shred

I school my flip atw (out-in) because its really bad, I let this behind me for so long it is ridiculous, and it is blocking me on so much stuff on flip (dbl switch/paradon..) even tough I've hit both of those real shaky.. one clean paradon so far, but the datw o-i is still missing.. and all those other moves

so after some barefoot the atw was geting way better so i decided to go for pixie sets barefoot, strong side is ridiculously good, ducked it like cake, wish it was this easy in lavers.. flip is still shakey.. some sets are awesome, some more are good , most are OK (but barely high enough), and the rest is crap.. not duckable yet barefoot.. so even less in lavers :P

then I went for cliper moves : swirl both sides (one on each side)
reverse swirl on one side, my good clipper cant hit this move?? I wonder why, I guess my good clipper aint that good uh? the other clipper is way more behind me, wich I think helps a lot on sets.. I will have to look into this

ok stretching for now! I sucked enough for the day
Mathieu Gauthier

quadgun
can't dex

Post by quadgun » 04 Jan 2006 23:19

germany .... 4square ... you're going down

:D

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 06 Jan 2006 18:58

new 5 adds: spinning ducking buterfly (real clean duck)
my good spinning ducking was HAWT tonight, every attempt easy and smooth like eating cake :D
didnt manage the spining ducking mirage.. but only tried it twice
Mathieu Gauthier