This is the Show we Call BainbridgeShrizzle

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

This is the Show we Call BainbridgeShrizzle

Post by BainbridgeShred » 08 Dec 2004 20:07

Alright folks, here is my Footblog, and I expect to be posting somewhat frequently in it. I'm just starting to play Guiltless with a collection of about 5 3add moves, so I hope I don't bore some you more advanced players out there as I talk about symposium mirage and such. Comments, suggestions, insults are all welcome. Let the momma bashing begin!

Alright, let's hope right into it. Sometime last week I hit my first three add move. It was a paradox mirage, and it came fairly easily too me. So far most of my other 3 adds (Osis, Butterfly, Butterfly Kick, Dragonfly Kick, Symposium Mirage) have all come rather naturally to me by just combining certain components of 2 add moves. However the only one I can hit flipsider is my pdx mirage. This I realize is a big problem for me, because even my fliy pdx mirage isn't where I want it to be.

I think I'm gonna stop focusing on my butterfly/dragonfly kicks just because they aren't especially cool, nor helpful in my advancement as a free style player. That means I have 2 and a 1/2 3add moves I want to hit on my flipside. It's always kidn fo depressing to me when I land a new move, because I then realize I have to do the same thing again except on my weaker side.

I shredded twice this week, once with my friend from Seattle, and once with another guy who lives closer to me.

My friend from Seattle kind of lets me down, he is good and all but he doesn't practice as much as he needs to to advance steadily with me. I just got better than him around the time of SJFF, and have been dominating him ever since. We played a game of Footbag "p-i-g" the other day and I gave him pig on 3 moves alone, all 3 add tricks too. It was one of my favorite footbag moments yet, except it was sad to see it finally kick in on him how much better I was getting than him. We had a good session either way, I just hope he starts getting more serious so we can both push eachother.

The other guy I kicked with was our first time I've ever met him. He was a little injured from kicking someones birdbath whilst drunk, but still had a good, relaxed session. By relaxed I mean that when I usually play with people better than me, it is a constant barrage of tips and advice, which trust me I both need and love, but it was kind of fun just to kick back and do whatever.

Anyways, I'm gonna go see if I can do ten pickups both sides so I can finally put the move to rest and move on to other things IE my flipside 3 add moves.

Thanks for reading.

sampotter
the boy who lived

Post by sampotter » 08 Dec 2004 20:15

Not meaning to be an ass, here, but you definitely haven't been playing long enough to start going guiltless. Don't make the same mistake lots of other people make. Concentrate on going solid tiltless. Your progression will be a much smoother one. Don't worry about 3 adds... Get really strong clippers and basic 2 adds each side, then start combining concepts. Are you going to be at this Saturday's session?

Just call me hagesy
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Just call me hagesy » 08 Dec 2004 21:12

That is extremely good advice.
Anthony Hagen

Buy O'wheel Bags, he is the man, trust me.

"It is none of my business what other people think.