Thom's footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Just call me hagesy
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Just call me hagesy » 04 Apr 2005 13:58

Thanks for giving us a good read :wink:
Anthony Hagen

Buy O'wheel Bags, he is the man, trust me.

"It is none of my business what other people think.

Thom
Shredaholic

Post by Thom » 06 Apr 2005 13:03

This is getting depressing, lol. No shred since Monday. The weather hasnt picked up and im getting really busy again. Rugby trainings back in full swing and the 3 runs and 2 gym sessions a week are leaving me knackered but thankfully practice has been cut down to once a week.

But shesh i hate complainers :roll:. I did have a quick barefoot session before i went out today. I hit smear both sides and confidence in my flipside is definately improving.

Hopefully I can free up a bit more time and if the weather picks up I'll be able to have a really good session again.

Thom
Shredaholic

Post by Thom » 07 Apr 2005 14:24

Had a really short shred before work but man it felt so good. My pdx's are slowly getting better and ducking clippers were feeling pretty nice today but still only one side.Hopefully get another short session tomorrow and start some drilling again.

Schools good, really enjoying my fitness training for rugby and my girlfriend doesnt seem footbag as a completely weird thing to do anymore :D

Thom
Shredaholic

Post by Thom » 09 Apr 2005 16:51

Andrew came over pretty late tonight after work. Wasnt really planning on hacking but we did anyway. Gave him a pair of shorts and we went at it. Was dark and seriously cold so we ended up just kicking, the occasional
run and alot of talking lol.

But it made me realise how out of practise i was from only a week of no real serious shred.

Haha as a result of rugby this morning I now have a black eye and a loose toe nail...Ouch! But we did win 31-0 :D

keep kicking guys.

Thom
Shredaholic

Post by Thom » 10 Apr 2005 11:16

Just finished kicking. Was feeling abit rough earlier so i had a pretty laid back session. I really enjoyed it and worked alot on my clippers. I was talking to Iain on chat and he suggested clipper>ssclipper>oppclip>oppclip. well i think thats what it was. I really liked it and the rest of my drills were feeling pretty solid.

I dont really like playing on Sundays so i was happy enough to keep it relaxed. Not running tomorrow during school so a good session will be in order :D

See ya later guys.

Just call me hagesy
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Just call me hagesy » 10 Apr 2005 13:38

i think ian might of meant alt clip>same clip rpt

It is an awesome drill.

Try some alternating butterflys as well.

peace.
Anthony Hagen

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 10 Apr 2005 15:02

Yeah I'd agree with that - Sunday shreds are somehow very very low energy with me. I just couldn't get it together. Good going with those drills. That's the key that I just found under the couch. SHRED ON.
Pat Thomsen
Syracuse, New York - The connecting point to footbaggers in the NE and Canada. We make pancakes and air conditioners.

Iain
1337 h4x0r

Post by Iain » 10 Apr 2005 17:32

Just call me hagesy wrote:i think ian might of meant alt clip>same clip rpt
ya thats what i said. Or at least meant to say. I dunno, oh well, glad i could help.
Hello, my name is Iain George.

Thom
Shredaholic

Post by Thom » 11 Apr 2005 13:00

lol. Thanks anyway man.

I had a short session today. I'm feeling alot better kicking these days. Runs are getting longer and more consistent and drilling is definately the way to progress (thanks hagesy!)

I've started drilling my butters and pdx's again. Butters are feeling better and i was setting from both sides and hitting pdx mirages both sides too. Close to hitting butterfly>pdx mirage rpt and should have it soon.

Theres bad news too though. My exams are coming up soon and footbag is gonna have a take a bad seat for a while. I got 10 exams finishing mid-June and I've gotta do well in them as it determines what interviews i get for uni.

But hopefully I'll keep playing and i want to keep posting here but that to might be restricted. School sucks :cry:

Later guys

Just call me hagesy
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Just call me hagesy » 11 Apr 2005 14:20

damn exams suck

another good drill is same inside>same clipper>same inside>alt inside>same clipper rpt

it is good for your ankles.
Anthony Hagen

Thom
Shredaholic

Post by Thom » 12 Apr 2005 13:30

I had a really horrible start to my session tonight. I got light headed straight away and was rushing into everything and really struggling to hit even my simple drills.

I took a break, ate some cereal and completed a chemistry paper. Refeulled and determined my session completely changed.

Hagesys drills rocks! I hit same inside>same clipper>same inside>alt inside>same clipper x4, 9 ss clipper strongside, 6 ss clippers flipside. My butters are also really coming along but alt clippers and alt butterflys are still lacking. I only acheived 6 alt clippers.

My pdx dex it definately better and on flipside im landing it 3/4 but on my strongside i still seem to flick it away. But at least it doesnt seem as rough on the shins.

Any tips/drills to for alt butterflys and clippers?

Thanks guys.

Just call me hagesy
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Just call me hagesy » 13 Apr 2005 15:02

How is your footwork with your alt butterflys.

Watch some shred in slomo of the good players and watch how there alt butterflys.

Awesome work on the drills, very impressive

When are you coming to australia
Anthony Hagen

Thom
Shredaholic

Post by Thom » 15 Apr 2005 03:15

Its really poor :( . I have a vid from hackrifice and i try to mimic the way erik does it but im finding it very difficult. I'm leaving Ireland on the 30th of June and im in Aus for 10 days or so before going to NZ and Fiji. I dont have a schedule of activities yet but i should have soon.

No shred since Tuesday but I have been running and/or in the gym everyday so im staying active. The weathers nice and im hopeful to play before work when i get home from school.

Later guys

Just call me hagesy
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Just call me hagesy » 15 Apr 2005 13:35

Dont worry my friend, it will improve

When i started doing alternating clippers and butterflys it was poor, but with a bit of guidance from dan ednie, it improved out of sight.

I will endeavour to shred with you in australia.

What city are you going to be at.

peace
hagesy
Anthony Hagen

Thom
Shredaholic

Post by Thom » 17 Apr 2005 11:43

Hey all!

Hagesy I have no idea what cities I will be in yet, but as soon as i do i'll let you know and meeting up would be a awesome.

Had a quick session yesterday but didnt really feel like drilling and just wanted to have fun. And i did just hitting runs and tricks that i really enjoy. I've got really close to eggbeater now and landing my first spinning clipper :D

Late last night I decided to do the Brocka cut however i havent have a chance to really try it out yet as its been pissing down all day. I did go on a cross-country run though that was really mucky but I really enjoyed it, lol.

See you guys later

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 17 Apr 2005 11:46

Oooo eggbeater. Spooky strick. I really hope you get down soon. It'll give me some incentive to try again to hit it myself.
Pat Thomsen
Syracuse, New York - The connecting point to footbaggers in the NE and Canada. We make pancakes and air conditioners.

Thom
Shredaholic

Post by Thom » 01 May 2005 12:41

Woah! Its been a while since i've posted here. I'm afraid rugby and exams have taking its toll on me and i havent had a real shred in quite a while :(

Jogging three times a week has also taken its toll on my knees.I've been having really bad pain for a while now and have been resting for the best part of a week, i was just messing around barefoot yesterday and my knee screamed out in pain so i better keep off it for another while.

So at the minute my footbag life sucks but otherwise im well and life is being kind to me, lol.

Shred hard for me!
Thom

ninja
BSOS Beast

Post by ninja » 01 May 2005 13:57

Thom wrote:Jogging three times a week has also taken its toll on my knees.I've been having really bad pain for a while now and have been resting for the best part of a week, i was just messing around barefoot yesterday and my knee screamed out in pain so i better keep off it for another while.
Well when your knees feel better and you still want to do some jogging, you could try rollerblading - less impact on knees
Clayton Chin

Thom
Shredaholic

Post by Thom » 02 May 2005 03:06

I used to cycle alot so I'm back to doing some of that. Its alot of fun and its easy on my knees but hopefully by the end of the week i should be completely pain free!

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Thom

Thom
Shredaholic

Post by Thom » 04 Mar 2006 19:09

wow.

So as you may tell from the date of my last post its been nearly a year since I played footbag or even signed into this forum. Scary really. I have now been playing footbag 'on and off' for 2 1/2 years, the pattern being 3/4 months of intense drilling and playing followed by 8 months of dormancy. The joys of a lone hacker I guess.

So incase anyone is still around who did read my blogs heres a short run down of what is happening/ has happened since last May!

~Last summer I did indeed visit Australia, New Zealand and Fiji playing rugby! It truly was an awesome experience but in many ways showed me how beautiful my own country is and how much i love and enjoy living here.

~Have started surfing alot recently enjoying the freezing Irish water and rolling Atlantic swells which break on our isolated coastline!

~Hmm...Also in my last few months of 'high school' and am off to University in September to hopefully study Geography or environmental science.

So as you may now have worked out I have again began kicking a footbag around as the evenings begin to stretch on again and the weather dries up. And hopefully you will see some posts on my footbag developments that continue longer than 4 months!

To anyone who has read this and my blog for the first time. Hello! And to anywho may have read it previously. Welcome back...

Thom