Olav

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Cod
Flower Child

Post by Cod » 14 Jun 2007 14:17

Kurwa is spelled kurwa, not kurva, kurwiszonku Asmusie :).
Michał Biarda (Me-how Be-r-da)

ObArA'BaRs
Flower Child

Post by ObArA'BaRs » 14 Jun 2007 15:22

Cod wrote:
ObArA'BaRs wrote:not if i get to him first :wink:
doesnt "Jesteś seksowny...Ożeńmy się?" mean " You are sexy, marry me" or something like that?"
Hehe. It's better to use "Wyjdziesz za mnie?" instead of "Ożenimy się?". If you are male and say "Ożenimy się?" it sounds like you're a gay :D.
Exactly :wink: (thats a joke)
Im 20
JSACK wrote: wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Keep footbag'n till yo skins saggin.......

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 14 Jun 2007 15:43

Poles don't get jokes. They just footbag
Ben Rea

ObArA'BaRs
Flower Child

Post by ObArA'BaRs » 14 Jun 2007 15:54

ObArA'BaRs wrote: Do you know if you put the d and the b together from your dorshbag logo it makes a stick and two balls. :lol: :wink: :lol:. Its funny to me at least
Cod wrote:Well, actually it's not a "d" and "b". It's a penis with two balls :lol:.
There's proof
:wink: :lol:

EDIT: I think your right Cod.
Its kind of Olafs fault for not checking up on his modified though :wink:
Last edited by ObArA'BaRs on 14 Jun 2007 17:10, edited 1 time in total.
Im 20
JSACK wrote: wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Cod
Flower Child

Post by Cod » 14 Jun 2007 16:19

Olav will have a surprise when he read his blog :D. Let's stop this hijacking :).
Michał Biarda (Me-how Be-r-da)

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 28 Jun 2007 11:12

Freeeeeedddooooooom! I passed all my exams, finally, and they went ok I guess... Now I only have to wait for the results (tomorrow - polish, english, math and on 2nd of Juli - drawing).

Ohhh, WHAT A STORY... yesterday few minutes before leaving for bus (I was going to shred at Morskie Oko), I decided to check once again my account on Wrc University of Technology to see if there are any news about my exams or something... I was sure there's nothing new... but you know, it's something very important for me and I always want to be up to date. Unexpectedly in a table with my exams I found some numbers described as points... but much too low... it was all like a FUCKING NIGHTMARE! But it was all true, I'm pretty sure...

And I had to leave immediately because I was going to meet with Agata and was already late for my bus. 1 000 000 thoughts running through my mind each second while I sprint to catch my bus... felt like Forrest Gump hehe. I won't forget that day for a long time, that's for sure! I was trying so much to get away from all my problems, after all it wasn't the end of world and summer holidays has started for me that day. I couldn't convince myself though.

We arrived at the gym with a 1,5 hour lateness due to a giant walk we arranged due to a horrible traffic jam (which came out to be much smaller then we thought. Actually there was no traffic jam at all hehe). I was weak mentally and physically (didn't eat anything before/during exams), so I mostly watched Ners and Norek playing, and practiced single moves. We played the pyramid, but I don't like this game... to win, I only had to do some easiest 1, 2, ..., 5 adders, and then hit Marius to get a point, stupid.

Later I met with my very good friend Pawel, who did his best to cheer me up, and persuade me that there is something wrong with these low results - how the fuck could they check few hundereds drawings (yeah, they could start from me) and put it to the internet right away (weird) in 2 hours? All the more drawings were (at least should be) checked by few independent commisions (impossible)! Meeting with him was probably the best thing I could arrange to make me feel better. We discussed about a trip Pawel had on his mind for a long time, through scandinavia or some other countries, there's a possibility I will join him, perhaps in August (this year).

9.30 pm. After we had eaten tortillas and drunk bear, while walking through our beautifull (!) marketplace we saw some jugglers and two guys playing hacky sack. I couldn't pass up the chance to show what footbag is, especially because I still had my lavers and equipment with me! Without thinking too much, and despite Pawel's appeals I decided to put on shorts and lavers, the show has begun. Strange dance of a skinny guy jumping without a shirt under the glow of lampposts caused consternation of people sitting in several restaurants gardens. But only few DATWs, Ripsteins and all Inspinnings and Double Spinnings were enough to elicitade their admiration. Then I realized how beautifull life can be, and how important footbag is to me. That was the moment when I found my place on earth, playing tripless shuffle like I like the most, I realized why I spend all those hours practicing this sport. Finally, that was the moment when my 2007's summer holidays started.

So thanks to Pawel, my mood is great right now, THANK YOU if you're reading. I know it's stupid, but even changing language (to english) in my mobile had a good influence on my mood, idk maybe getting messages is better than getting wiadomosci. Today I checked my account once again... and it really seems like it was some stupid joke or mistake, error, whatever, because today there were no marks, no points! I don't want to think about this anymore, untill I see the final, and correct results on 2nd Juli. Meanwhile I'm not going to waste time, because...

Euros are comming, and I am going to be there! I was sure I'm not gonna make it, but everything went well and I need a solid vacation, that is why I am going to Vienna. Week later I am going to Berlin on a week long footbag exchange. I'm looking forward to playing with the Berlin crew alot. Yay... These are my most expected summer holidays in my life and probably will be the longest ones as well. It's a golden opportunity I cannot waste!

Before I start bragging about new stuff I hit recently, I'd like to write an importatn for me statement: since I've never ever prepared conscientiously for any tournament, I want to prepare for Vienna. I mean to prepare routine (or two), shred30, sick3, circle... and maybe Doubles routine with Szymon (but there is also a possibility, that we will improvise as we did last year in Frankfurt).

I even practiced my shred30 once already, using the opportinity Hanka was tired and accepted controlling the time for me. It looked terrible at the beginning, but progress was really fast, and after few attempts I got 233.897 points (1 drop) which is obviously my new record. It was set for 252 points, with 29 contacts, all uniques (easier version has 242 points without the last trick) and despite how many points (contacts, uniques) it has, the difficulty of this shred30 is very low, I want to focus on playing dropless or with 1 drop.

And finally, my new drills, tricks, runs... first part is kinda old, second from Monday's shred (I needed to let off steam before Tuesday's exam), and last one from today. Two tricks from yesterday are on WRC FOOTBAG - Massive Tricks, but now you probbly know why I didn't even wanted to see them. Third pare is from today's shred with Rozo, Ners, Qba and Norek

Blurry Torque > Food Processor > Blurry Torque > Food Processor
Vortex > Gyro Whirl > Whirling Swirl (rpt.) - vasek's drill, first try

Nemesis > Food Processor > Gangsta Party
Swirling Whirling Swirl - clean, 2nd try ever
run with Gauntlet BSOS, Alpine Food Processor, footed Montage hehe
run with Blurrier > Ripwalk drill to Alpine Sidewalk > Ripwalk drill, with Alpine Marius
Alpine Legbeater > Alpine Sidewalk > Ripped Warrior > Alpine Sidewalk > Ripped Warrior
PS Twirl - BS, and...
Blurry PS Twirl - BS

Vortex > Void > Vortex > Void :D
Spin Pdx Whirl > Spin Pdx Blender (rpt.)
Scorpion's Tail > Spin Pdx Blender (rpt.)
Scorpion's Tail > Blurry Whirl (rpt.)
Grave Digger > Blurry Whirl (rpt.)
- inspired by Jorden
Dyno > Rev Swirl (rpt.) - cuz it looks cool

I still feel like I was sitting in some kind of a deep dream, everything seem surrealistic. What is happening with me?! I'll write again, as soon as I find out

Mr Brewery
Olaf Piwowar, My Footblog

ObArA'BaRs
Flower Child

Post by ObArA'BaRs » 28 Jun 2007 11:18

Your english is so good.
I bet its bettter than mine(seriously).

Props on the vasek drill, that sick beast with gangsta party, and practically everything your typed in that highlight section.

BAP quality for sure. :D
Im 20

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 28 Jun 2007 12:20

wow, thanks Chris for your reply, I mean your opinion about my english especially! The problem is I don't have any opportunity to speak english at all... maybe my spoken english isn't so terrible at all, I just need few days or even weeks to get used to using it. Anyway, I love this language (AE rocks!) like no other, no matter how good (or bad) is mine.

Another thing is BAP. There's still a huge gap between players like Jorden, Felix, David or Penske (not to mention mr Vaclav) and me. It's probably all about my strongly ectomorfic body type, I can't play my best, shreding few hours everyday, during some bigger competition. Jorden is a great example! However Ales gave me some good tips how to work on it, and if I learn how to use 100% of my skills, there's a chance I'll make it next year. :D

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 28 Jun 2007 14:31

NEXT year?
I think you underestimate yourself...

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 28 Jun 2007 14:34

Nemesis > Food Processor > Gangsta Party

i bow down to you^^^^^^^
Ben Rea

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 30 Jun 2007 14:33

Finally I've got the correct marks from my drawing exams, but I still cannot guess what are my chances to get on Architecture. They're fine, I'd even say excellent, but hoping it won't be necessary I laid down physics exam. That was probably a mistake, but I didn't have time for learning another subject, idk. Fortunately for me, exams in Wroclaw and Cracow coincided, so there are like few hundred candidates less, comparing to last year... so I'm freaking out from those statistics. I'll have to wait few more days, and before July 6th everything will be clear. I can't wait to know what's my future life gonna be like... haha

Since summer holidays has started for me I can play alot more praparing for Vienna. I made a really good training plan including some dietary notes. Yesterday I had only one but intense session, ~2 hours of practicing old stuff, mastering single components. However being influenced by Jorden's "Request Session 2" (BRILLIANT!) I hit one new drill.

Blurrier > Pdx Torque (rpt.)

Today I made a big step toward my training plans; I played twice:
1) 1,5 hour (14.15 - 15.45) in my room, practicing for example Torque Screws (again, Jorden remainded me this trick by his new vid), was close to Marius Screw, but I don't want to hunt anything, here are the highlights:

Torque Screw x2 - BS (footed x3 - BS...)
Moby Dick (Mobius Screw) - BS, I don't think this is new, I hit Moirius already
Pdx Torque Screw - BS, flipside... of course first try ever
Torquescrew > Motion - BSOS

but there's so much work yet to do on this component. As well as on my sick3 or routine... Blurry Torque > Food Processor > Gangsta Party - 5th try, gotta drill Mind Benders! Dropless 1/2 (second half isn't prepared yet) of my new routine (not to music), first try. I didn't want to push too hard before the second session so I ended up with this drill:

Blurrier > Janiwalker (rpt.)

2) Another session was twice as long as the previous one, from 6 pm to 9 pm! I played with Ners, Rozo and Agata. She hit her first 3adder: Butterfly (BS!), and then her second 3add: Osis (BS, too)... She's commin for ya, Tina...

Matador > Pdx Tapdown (rpt.) - again, countless times! It's a good exercise, expect some records

Janiwalker > Alpine Sidewalk (rpt.)
Blurrier > Blurry Whirl (rpt.)

Wauxspin > Dimwalk (rpt.) !
- wtf?! I never do this trick, Ners reminded me of it and I was very suprised to hit it first try one side... isn't it a sweeeet link/drill?

Mind Bender > Tomahawk (rpt.) - it made me really happy. The execution might not be perfect, I don't say it was the though. It's just that I footed it few times with so much better execution, absolutely controlled... I'll work on it tomorrow probably, too

I've got to fix my right Laver, there is a hole on outside of it. And design a logo of Wroclaw Footbag Club, so we can make our own t-shirts and take them to Vienna. And prepare singles/doubles routine. And sew few footbags. Half of red/green olavbag#lastone+1 is done, I'm afraid it's not as good as I thought it will be. All my bags are so small... why didn't I noticed that before? Next one, blue/orange, will be perfect! I know what changes are need to be made.

I shoulda be in bed at this time... I'm a busy man!

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 30 Jun 2007 16:09

nice drills, olaf. I love to read your blog, you always make such huge posts. I mean the moves, not the words ;) hope we can play together some time, I only saw you when you were just starting.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

JaJoo
BSOS Beast

Post by JaJoo » 01 Jul 2007 01:05

Huge Props for you Olav :) I keep my finger cross for you on Euros :)
.....::::::Life is good, Footbag is better:::::.....

Mateusz ROBIN Janicki

I eat footbag, I sleep footbag, I breathe footbag, I'm not mad, I'm just passionate

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 05 Jul 2007 09:50

Videos inspiration

Nearly all my foobag videos are kept on CDs, except for those few saved on computer. I watch them often because they are a good inspiration; there are some of the best Vaseks (warmup and finalshred, in Paris'07, king of footbag etc.), some Kreil, Suderman, Felix or Jorden's xmas vid. Lately I've seen two videos that had a great influence on my game:

1) first is Jorden's "Request Sequel" - I'll say it again - BRILLIANT, shred was hot, and music great... "revange will surely come" (Duck DSO), then "best..." (Shooting ss Dada Swirl attempt) "...you've gotta be the beeeest" (Flurry > Fussion > repeat footed) blew me away! Gyro Dyno > Rev Walkover > Neo Gyro Mirrage was soooo stylish! First day I watched it ~25 times (4min*25=1h40minutes!!)... wtf?! And I promised myself to work on Torquescrews, Dbl Dexes, Whirling Swirls. Now that is an inspiration - thanks J! Possibly the 2nd Jorden's video kept on my computer

2) second one is Jim's "LakeShred" from his footblog. I know it doesn't show his level, maybe it's because of blue sky and green grass, maybe because of Penske's style. I enjoyed it a lot. After watching it I promised myself to work on Furious set, Simple Swirls, Spin after PS Whirl, Symp Whirls, Double Downs, maybe something else I forgot.

*) there's one more video I should have commented - it's Honza's "NEW" vid. I haven't left my comment in its thread (http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=16530) because I was afraid... to criticize one of the biggest imo "judges of dexterity cleanness". Everyone who replied on his video was so enthusiastic and I couldn't understand WHY?? Than David wrote something that fits 100% my opinion - these inventions are not all clean and "if a newb posted this video people would've jumped on him". I talked with players more experienced than me, and they agreed with my opinion. What I'm trying to say is: everything would be ok, I'm not a type of guy who kills for thin dexes, I understand these were inventions and Honza was injured, kicked for couple minutes, felt not very well or whatever... IF he hadn't replied they were all clean! WTF?! I dunno.

And specially for Matt who loves to read my blog/my new moves (btw, thanks :) )...

Monday - double dexes day

Double Pickup > Paradon (rpt.)
Reaper > Paradon > Barfly (rpt.)
Blurry Double Pickup - BS

undeniably clean Flurrys - midtime, the idea is to put back the dexing leg before raising the catching leg

DLO > Atomsmasher (rpt.) - it's maybe easy, but I thought it would be ok to hit it before Predator b2b

Matador Swirl - for Gielnik cos he wanted

Tuesday - first shred on Morskie Oko with Ners practicing routines. 2 drops were my best. I'm not a good routiner.. I play 2.0 shred with no good artistic. What a pity, hehe. Second shred quite similar to Monday's.

Barrage > Paradon > Barfly > Scorpion's Tail > DDD (rpt.)
Motion > Barfly > DDD (rpt.)
Barrage > DSO > Paradon (rpt.)

Wednesday - disaster. Quit after half an hour just trying to hit Fury.

Thursday - the day I unexpectedly learned Fury and could spin out of PS Whirl

PS Whirl > Spin Clipper (rpt.) - 8 contacts (1st try) and 4 contacts (2nd try, good way to finish a session) - I'm proud of that, because FINALLY I control PS Whirls, and spin out of them easly

Rubberman with Fury
Fury > Fusion > Food Processor

Furious Torque - 2nd try, flipside footed (and by that I really mean I delayed it and it went straight up, unfortunately my right hand was there too... I'm furious...)

I'm going to hit the last two on flipside tomorrow (or very soon).

I hit also Pdx Predator and Sumo > Fusion for the first time, and it felt soooo cool, I've gotta drill it with something! Pdx Predator > Fusion drill? Geeez. I thought David's Furious Drifter > Cold Fusion is even attainable. Big plans, maybe some day.

I feel almost like an architecture student already, however the final list of accepted students will be announced tomorrow (it was said UNTIL tomorrow so I'm checking my account almost all the time, haha, but there are no new messages... I caaan't waaaait).

WRC Footbag Club's logo is waiting to be designed. Some blue and orange facile is waiting to be sewn. And I'm not going to tell by who :D

Olav

Gielnik
Shredaholic

Post by Gielnik » 05 Jul 2007 10:02

I hate you.

Matador Swirl - for Gielnik cos he wanted
thanks.

ObArA'BaRs
Flower Child

Post by ObArA'BaRs » 05 Jul 2007 16:25

F-U! :D
PROPS ON EVERYTHING.

especialy the furious torque.

Thats just too sick. :wink:
Last edited by ObArA'BaRs on 07 Jul 2007 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
Im 20

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 06 Jul 2007 13:22

From now on you can call me a student of architecture. :D

This is one of the most beautiful days in my life (not so long after the worst day, funny). I never knew what am I going to do in my life, now I am absolutely sure. And it makes me the happiest man on earth. I want to draaaw, learn painting (watercolour), computer graphics, photography... I want to make art, design. It was always in me, hidden due to lack of time. Now I want to be one of the best students, and my parents (both architects) are going to support me on that goal.

Yesterday I said I'm not a good routiner. I was wrong, because I didn't know what today will bring. Today I decided to create an absolutely new routine... something different than I prepared last time. Routine with good A.I., presenting Fbg Freestyle to people who don't know much about it, to music, easy to play dropless, with everything that routine should have... Although truly no routine suits everybody, I think I made a good job.

After 2 hours of listening to the music, writing notes, trying to play to the music, checking and changing... I was ready to play the whole routine. I was pretty tired already, but somehow it went much better than I expected. I had only 1 drop (fuckin Marius... cos I was tired and my room is small). After a little break I played it dropless (2nd try ever!!), everything like I planned, to the music, with all planned 5's and 6's.

But it still wasn't the end of day, I managed to practice my shred30, too. I played it 3 times, and got some good results (in order): 233.9, 227.7, 223.7 what gives average 228.4! If nothing terrible happens I should easly break 200 pts. If I master the beginning/ending I should break 250 (good luck required). So...

VIENNA - WATCH OUT!

Furious worked ok, but afraid of shin splints I didn't want to push too hard.

Olav

PS. I've just read tha bad news from David's blog... it sucks, he won't be able to compete at worlds, I dreamed about seeing him in circle with Vasek or Felix... but if he recovers quickly and does not give up, he will still be one of the best, BAP quality. Not now, than later. I hope I'm right.

PS2. Didn't want to create a new post...
Erik Chan wrote:Congrats on being accepted, Olaf :D

Props on all of your usual hacky madness too >______<
Hey, post some more drawings and stuff!
Thank you. I will post some drawings and stuff. Beginning from some old drawings (I'll try to make new ones, as soon as I find time) or my rooms pics as I prommised.

I was also thinking about making my own video of myself (playing footbag), because there is nothing good on the internet with me and olaf special is pretty outdated, but I don't want to promise anything... I don't have any expiriences in such things, but my dad will surely help me. And Ners has got my cam recorder, and I don't want to borrow my dad's. We'll see.
Last edited by Olav on 06 Jul 2007 23:32, edited 1 time in total.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 06 Jul 2007 20:34

Congrats on being accepted, Olaf :D

Props on all of your usual hacky madness too >______<
Hey, post some more drawings and stuff!

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 12 Jul 2007 02:15

I'm slowly becoming a pro. In way of thinking, not shred level (but it rises automaticlly with better mindset). I've been on a diet for a few days now, and I feel it has a great significance on my form. With some supplements and lots of sleeping I feel strong enough to use most of my skills for so much more than I ever could push on this level. It doesn't mean a new Vasek's rising... only my consistence is slowly getting better. I've also been thinking about my mind set, and reading some psychological articles.

On Monday played with Agata, Hania and Rożo in South Park. They were totally out of fuel after their previous session and due to the weather. I felt tired, too, but there were some nice highlights though.

PS Whirl > Stepping Whirl (rpt.)

Nemesis > Nemesis - yeah, you're probably asking wtf?! I hit it 3rd try, and was (I still am) sure it wasn't the. But without a video evidence I'm not going to shout about it, it's very hard to say how deep the dexes were. Hania didn't even noticed what was that, and Rożo said it was too fast and he couldn't say anything for sure. "It looked normal", he added. That's because I use it as my standard 7add (this probably sounds very stupid, right? sorry).

Quantum DLO first try felt ok, some Clown Faces again, my new routine and shred30 made a good impression on Hania and Pawel. I also had one looong line with 5 and 6's... very long. It just happened when these two guys came (studens, we know them from last year, they're probably on some of our old video from south park) and I wanted to show them my improvement. I wish I always had this mind set, flow... like there's nothing else than me, the bag and confidence I can do whatever and whenever I want; that's why I'm working on my psyche.

Yesterday we had another session in our beloved South Park, the same attendance. Light shin splints needled me, but I played ok. After 2 hours (?) Rożo decided to take some footage of me playing hacky. That means...

OLAF SPECIAL SEQUEL!

PS. Ners played with Yves Kreil on Sunday, you can't imagine how jealous I am! haha

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 12 Jul 2007 11:21

!!!

Are you the 4th person to hit nem>nem?

Mad props!
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*