Olav

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 15 May 2007 14:14

Yesterday I was writing math and it went superb. If I did it 10% better, I wouldn't get those points anyway. So there is only one more exam left (spoken polish, probably the worst) and I'm free. Perhaps I will find some time to think about these objective ways of counting Sick3.

Today I was so badly in need of shred with other people that I desperately decided to go on Worcella gym at 7 pm (I never do that) and joined Budzik and Wojtas. First of all, we have a new... SHREDITA! Can you believe that?! I can't. And she even hit her first 2 adder (Legover). YEEEAAH!

I had a wonderfull time, too. :)

51x Ducking Butterfly - old Polish record was 34, world record is (officially)... 51 by Anz! I didn't know what's the record and how many I can get, I just thought I can hit alot. I am going to raise this record very soon.

Pdx Torque > Pdx Blender > Motion (rpt.)

we also checked our stamina by playing improvised routines, great thing. I'm very happy about it, I played only twice...

1) First one was pretty hardcore, music: Vasek's routine from Worlds'06 finals, Todexon#5 finals etc., it was a 3 MINUTES routine, I had ~7 drops, with lots of Tripless, Scorpion's Tail, Mobius, Spin Pdx Whirl x3, PS Whirl, and after 2 minutes I still managed to hit some Ripped Warrior > Butterfly > Matador (very high set) and ended with (right, a bit thin) Nemesis

2) And after 5 minutes played a dropless 2 minutes routine, guiltless, but with no stops and with some 5 adders as well.

Who knows, maybe I will be a good routiner if I not only arrange crazy routines but also practice them? Maybe some day, firstly I have to stop being so lazy.

Olaf
Olaf Piwowar, My Footblog

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 18 May 2007 14:03

I passed all my finals, what a great felling!

The weather was nice today but nobody had time to shred with me so I played alone in my room. That sucks. But on the other hand I wouldn't have such an awesome shred. Highlights:

Pixie Fusion - my 40th 7 add trick

Funny story... today I was sure I need 3 more 7adders to get to 40 but then (while searching some 7add tricks) realised I've hit 39... btw, 17 of them BS, but I can quite easly BS 3 more. That would be 20/40.

Fog > Phoenix (rpt.) ! ! !

For those who don't know - I am (WAS?!) one of these only clip2clip europeans. It impresed me so much when Gielnik hit this first try on my command at Todexon. I didn't think I will EVER hit it. I was wrong.

Quantum Legover > Toe Blur (rpt.)
Magellan > Toe Blur (rpt.)
Smear > Toe Blur (rpt.)

Fear > Fairy ss Mirrage (rpt.)
Fairy Legover > Fear (rpt.)
Fairy Legover > Fairy Illusion (rpt.)

Fairy stuff with a special dedication to Setman.

Torque > PS Whirl (rpt.)
Spin Pdx Whirl > Torque > Far Swirl (rpt.)

Practiced Tomahawks, they are getting good. Same with PS Whirls. I'll start working on Whirrs very soon.

Without Shin Splints footbag is a real pleasure! Even though they sometimes come back (after practicing tons of Symp tricks), it looks like I won the whole war.

Olaf

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 18 May 2007 14:45

Olav wrote:Without Shin Splints footbag is a real pleasure! Even though they sometimes come back (after practicing tons of Symp tricks), it looks like I won the whole war.
Word.
Do you have any particular trick?
They are hindering my game sooooo much :(
(Oh, and super props on all the toe stuff!!)

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 18 May 2007 14:48

Have you broken 10 fearless?
Matt Kemmer

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 18 May 2007 17:45

How many 4 dex tricks have you hit?

Props on all the new toe stuff, and 40 7 adds is insane!
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 21 May 2007 15:56

Thanks for comments!

Erik, I'm sure you can solve your shin splints problem! It's very late now and my eyes are closing by themselves, but I PROMISE to write about this more, next time.

hehe, Fearless... I know how it sounds but since I got 9 (long time ago) I've been working on Fearless links/drills and now my goal is 15 (stylish, not easy). I'll try it when I feel prepared enought to hit in a few tries (not yet!!). It may sometimes look like I'm addhunting, trickhunting, dexhunting, whatever, but I'm not.

4 dex tricks? 9. But as I said I'm not 'dexhunting'. Pixie Fusion was just for fun, I never do Sailing set so I didn't even think of it like a 7 add or 4 dex trick.

On Saturday played in South Park with Ners, Sunday on Worcella gym (terrible session, I was bored...). Monday in South Park again, with Agata and Rozo (nice shred).

Marius > Foodprocessor > Spin Pdx Blender - BS

Maelstrom > Tomahawk (rpt.)
Tomahawk > Stepping Whirl (rpt.)

Spin Pdx Whirl > Torque > PS Whirl (rpt.)
Spin Pdx Whirl > Torque > Butterfly Swirl (rpt.)

Spin Clip > Inspin Clip (rpt.) - 12 contacts
Pdx DLO > Dimwalk (rpt.) - 11 contacts

This time I am going to show you my latest drawings. That is because my friend wanted to see them and I managed to make a photo and put it here. Pictures are crappy, sorry. Architectural, B4 pencils, 50x70cm, 3 and 4 hours.

first drawing after a longer break (due to my final exams)

second one. Should I post better qualities/larger pics?

Olaf

ObArA'BaRs
Flower Child

Post by ObArA'BaRs » 24 May 2007 13:08

What arent the Polish good at :) :lol:
Im 20
JSACK wrote: wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Keep footbag'n till yo skins saggin.......

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 24 May 2007 13:09

yea what the hell! :lol:

its no fair, are norwegians good at stuff?...im 50%

:wink:
Ben Rea

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 24 May 2007 14:39

As I promised, more about SHIN SPLINTS.

I don't want to repeat what has already been said (somewhere in Health & Injuries), I'd rather describe what helped me. After two years of trying to understand what causes the process I was close to giving up. I totally didn't understand when/why the problem appears and all my effort seemed almost pointless. I tried everything: toe rises, other exercises, lots of them, taping, medications, heat/ice treatments, specific warming up, stretching, ironman insoles, different surface, even changing my footbag technique whatever it means... EVERYTHING! Is it because my name is Olaf?! - I asked myself. I complained about it almost every session, and so, one day Budzik said it's because I'm skinny and my lower leg muscles are too weak. But I did lots of exercises already, what should I do better? Then suddenly a brilliant idea came to my mind. So the idea was very simple: to play footbag everyday. Absolutely crazy, especially that I couldn't play everyday due to pain caused by shin splints. So what is this all about?

Of course I always tried to play everyday but had to quit for a few days every time shin splints caught me. When I got the idea I also noticed how irregular and inconsistent it has been: intense shred > break > intense shred despite shin spl. > longer break > repeat. There are many causes for shin splints and the key is to find what should be done to eliminate them. Sometimes it's just buying good insoles or raising toes, in my case it was all about playing regularly and gradually. I got rid of shin spilnts over 14 weeks ago and I would cut my head off if there is at least one person who cannot eliminate this problem at all.

In the last 14 weeks they came back only twice, but I wasn't surprised: 1) Firstly at Todexon, where I played much more than usually. Note: I couldn't walk properly for 1,5 week after this event! 2) When I practiced PS Whirls and Symp trick in general. Obviously there are some tricks/components which require more energy. Lots of Stepping, High Stepping, Barraging, Symp tricks (especially done unproperly)... your legs won't like it when you unexpectedly start to use tons of these. That is how I see it.

Any questions/suggestions? Fell free to comment/PM, I'm not an expert but will try to help as much as I can.

On Tuesday I celebrated passing final exams with my friends drinking and clubbing. Crazy. Didn't play that day, same with Wednesday shred. I usually don't smoke, because I am aware how stupid it is, however that night I finished almost two decks (as a weed substitute?! that shows even better how stupid I am, sometimes). Not cool. I could feel this today while shredding.

I'm very angry on myself also because for the last 4 days I made only 2 small (~2h) and 1 big (>3h) drawings (I should 4 small and 4 big ones). Tomorrow I'm going to wake up early, at 8 am (I usually sleep to 11 am) and make a 3h drawing. That's how it should look like, every morning. Wish me luck! hehe

Today I visited Strzelin with Ners. We represented Wroclaw very well, some crazy stuff were hit. It was probably one of the best shreds in a long time for me, pleasure to play with Ostrowski brothers. We'd also played frisbee and... chess, untill the gym was opened. I tried to make a good impression at the beginning and hit a run with Alpine Food, Montage, Alpine Marius or Gauntlet > footed Food, without warming-up. Then I set up a nice (polish) record (first try, of course)...

Ripped Warrior x8

...so the target has been reached. Then I did some nice combos, something like...

Reactor > Blurry Whirl > Spin Pdx Whirl > Step Whirl > Pdx Whirl > 10x Spin Pdx Whirl > run with other Blurry Whirl > PS Whirl > Spin Pdx Whirl or Alpine Blurry Whirl + Maelstrom both BSOSed, they made me think my Whirls are getting more solid.

Ducking Clipper > Ripstein (rpt.) midrun, Riptide > Ripstein - BS (or... BSOS? not sure)

few long lines I don't remember exactly, with some Toes included. And a next record...

Foodprocessor x5 (but its always close to 3-4, flip is not so far... Im gonna work on it, Honzas 9 is reachable)

and cherry on top... Fearlesssssss!

Ripped Warrior > Ripped Warrior > Blurry Whirl > Blurry Whirl > Pdx Torque > Pdx Torque > PS Whirl > Spin Pdx Whirl > Scorpion's Tail > dropped Mobius on the wall - that is 9, FIRST TRY, got the idea the day before in bath... and I got 8 of something simillar, with Phoenix, then

Matador > Ripped Warrior > Matador > Ripped Warrior > Blurry Whirl > Blurry Whirl > Blurriest - thats 7, but I like it anyway. And finally...

Bigwalk > Ripped Warrior > Ripped Warrior > Blurry Whirl > Blurry Whirl > Spin Pdx Whirl > Scorpion's Tail > Mobius > Pdx Torque > Pdx Torque > Pdx Blender > Motion

12 fearless. Funny, I've never hit 10 or 11.

And one more trick I forgot - Gyro Rev Whirling Swirl, sweet isn't it?

That is all for now, I have to go sleep now if I think about getting up so early. Thanks for reading!

bye, Olaf

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 24 May 2007 19:23

8O 8O 8O
props!!!!!!!!!! 8O 8O 8O

ObArA'BaRs
Flower Child

Post by ObArA'BaRs » 24 May 2007 19:58

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
:P
WOW. This is some insperation :)
Im 20
JSACK wrote: wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Rozo
Shredaholic

Post by Rozo » 24 May 2007 21:32

You're mad Olaf! :D Also good stuff about shin splints.
Pawel Rozek

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 13 Jun 2007 14:08

Hello modifriends,

what am I doing these days? Sleeping all night, Drawing all day (!), and Freestyling (almost) every evening. Eating sometimes. Nothing interesting. My vacation plans? I hope to go to Berlin on an exchange, that would rock! I thought I'm not but probably I am going to Vienna, that's nothing sure yet. Worlds? Definitely not...

How is footbag going? Not bad... highlights only from 2 sessions (except for the last 3):

Spin Pdx Whirl > Void (rpt.)

Dimwalk > Matador > Fog (rpt.) - many times, I like this drill

Fear > Atomsmasher (rpt.)
Fear > Tap > Atomsmasher (rpt.)
Fairy ss Mirrage > Tap (rpt.)

Rubberman with Fogs
Rubberman with Reactors

Blurry Whirl > Whirr (rpt.)
Tomahawk > Whirr (rpt.)

Marius > Blurry Whirl (rpt.)

Far Rev Swirl > Pdx Drifter (rpt.) - becoming quite easy. I never do Far Rev Swirls (time to start doing them?). This drill just flows, massive feeling

Ripped Warrior > Whirr (rpt.)
Torque > Ripped Warrior (rpt.) - 1st try ever - 7 contacts!

Pdx Tap > Tap > Tapdown (rpt.) - 11 contacts
Parkwalk > Haze (rpt.) > run - 1st ever try, I never do Haze
Blurry Whirl > Blur > Reactor (rpt.)

I've been thinking about my blog - since I'm writing more than once a month it would be nice to add something more valuable than my bragging. Weeell it's not because I hate my blog, want to change it or somthing... actually I even like it, as it is like the only place where I write my highlights, the place which shows my progress etc. Finally the place which forces me to write in english, that's good I guess. Without it I wouldn't probably remember how to introduce myself in other language than polish, hehe. Sooooo, I thought of posting more pictures (all kinds, selfmade fbgs etc.), writing about my non-footbag life or my other hobbys AND FINALLY: adding trick tips! Again, I'm not going to write what has already been said (unless it's sth important), just some my thoughts, things that helped me. I believe it will help me, cos I sometimes spent too much time on rediscovering things I had already "discovered", and by the way it may help someone who reads my blog. Sometimes it might just be one little clue, but don't forget I'm able to edit my post every time I find sth new. I am also going to take some pictures of my room and then post it here, just like Erik, Andrew or David did.

Unfortunately I won't find time for any of that till my drawing exmas on 26/27 June. I am so sick and tired of this...

ObArA'BaRs
Flower Child

Post by ObArA'BaRs » 13 Jun 2007 18:47

Olav wrote:
Reactor > Blurry Whirl > Spin Pdx Whirl > Step Whirl > Pdx Whirl > 10x Spin Pdx Whirl > run with other Blurry Whirl > PS Whirl > Spin Pdx Whirl or Alpine Blurry Whirl + Maelstrom both BSOSed, they made me think my Whirls are getting more solid.

[
You must have that on tape.
I want it. Seriously, I know you didnt remember that. :P

Also when did you start freestyling(first pair of lavers date)?
Im 20

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 13 Jun 2007 23:36

I started Freestyling in November 2004, got my first Lavers in Dec 04 or Jan 05? That's 2 years and 8 months.
ObArA'BaRs wrote:You must have that on tape.
I want it. Seriously, I know you didnt remember that. :P
hehe, it's only in my head, no cam on that session. I rememberd that because I wanted to Drill BW > SpinWh > StepWh after Reactor, but instead of repeating I started hitting Spin Whirls, and BW > PS Wh > SpinWh was sth I've never thought before. I must be hard to forget such combo :P :lol:

And one more thing, on Tuesday I won rippin run playing with Ners, Rozo, Artur and Agata. After 4 runs Ners and I had 2 points and the next one seemed to be the final battle between me and him. And... I dropped before Ners, but hopefully (for me of course) he dropped before Rozo, who thereby saved be from failure. Last run was my big victory, with some ripwalks to a the nemesis at the end (how polish! hehe). We should do it more often, that's a great competition.

Today we're going to start a next WRC FBG video, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say anything more... :P

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 14 Jun 2007 11:36

Olav wrote: After 4 runs Ners and I had 2 points and the next one seemed to be the final battle between me and him. And... I dropped before Ners, but hopefully (for me of course) he dropped before Rozo, who thereby saved me from failure.

thats a funny story... :wink:

nice blog olaf, i like it, keep writing!

Jesteś seksowny...Ożeńmy się ?
Ben Rea

JaJoo
BSOS Beast

Post by JaJoo » 14 Jun 2007 11:51

BenRea wrote:
Jesteś seksowny...Ożeńmy się ?
:lol:
.....::::::Life is good, Footbag is better:::::.....

Mateusz ROBIN Janicki

I eat footbag, I sleep footbag, I breathe footbag, I'm not mad, I'm just passionate

ObArA'BaRs
Flower Child

Post by ObArA'BaRs » 14 Jun 2007 13:54

not if i get to him first :wink:
doesnt "Jesteś seksowny...Ożeńmy się?" mean " You are sexy, marry me" or something like that?"
Im 20

Cod
Flower Child

Post by Cod » 14 Jun 2007 14:07

ObArA'BaRs wrote:not if i get to him first :wink:
doesnt "Jesteś seksowny...Ożeńmy się?" mean " You are sexy, marry me" or something like that?"
Hehe. It's better to use "Wyjdziesz za mnie?" instead of "Ożenimy się?". If you are male and say "Ożenimy się?" it sounds like you're a gay :D.
Michał Biarda (Me-how Be-r-da)

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 14 Jun 2007 14:12

with some ripwalks to a the nemesis at the end (how polish! hehe).
Good to see some polish people with self-irony.. Cod and Budzik! :twisted: Hahahaha.. Just joking around.

This one is mainly for Cod, i think he checks this blog..

Kurva, Spróbuj nie zapomnieć tego słowa, ponieważ ono jest bardzo ważne.
Is that right? I used a translator, a dictionary and some luck to get it right..

Enough hijacking.. Something for you Olav.

You have played footbag for shorter time than me, im a slow learner but..
I recently hit my first 6 add. My good runs are 10+ contacts with a few toestalls and alot of 3's..

DAMN YOU HAVE GOTTEN REEEAAALLYYY GOOD FAST!