footbag-vienna's footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Anne
Shredaholic

Post by Anne » 08 Jul 2008 07:09

Hey Verena,

Thanks a lot for a nice festival. It was really good hanging out with you and kicking with you too!! Although I was pretty hung over Sunday, it was really fun. Maybe we should attempt a circle together in Prague on the first day before I (or we!!!) get too drunk and hence hung over the next day!

I hope that it's nice to be back in Vienna even though you said you're going to miss Denmark.

But all us Danish crazyness will see you in a month and 2 days!!!

Untill then: 8) 8)

-Anne

mr.alex
BSOS Beast

Post by mr.alex » 12 Jul 2008 08:01

yo verena is back! :)

I got my best competition result: 9th at european championship. That's really cool 8)

I've also hit my hardest link until now:
ripped warrior > mullet

and I got a new personal record:
10x pdx drifter

just had a filming session for a kids program of national tv ORF. it will get aired in september and will be a 2 minute clip of me, hanna, christoph and georg (2 new young players) presenting footbag. no interviews and stuff, just footbagging ;) I'm really courious how it will look.

i will now go to the rainbow parade o have shred with dom. This will be funny
:lol:
Alexander Trenner
footbag-vienna - feel the spirit

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 13 Jul 2008 15:07

Go footbag Vienna! :)

Lovely news from Alex

Props on the 9th place and the ORF

verena
BSOS Beast

Post by verena » 14 Jul 2008 09:43

thanks asmus and anne for your comments. :) my dear loyal danish readers. 8)

@asmus: haha. the pillow. i couldn't steel it back, because you looked like you needed a pillow for a night too. :)
@anne: selv tak for festivalen. i really enjoyed hanging out and shredding with you. :)

it's a bit strange to write about roskilde, as even though merely 8 days have passed, it seems like ages ago.
i'm back in austria and a bit confused.
it's really nice to see all my friends again (this especially goes for my boyfriend) and i appreciate some of them even more now, but at the same time i always connect vienna with stagnancy, as i've spent 21 out of 22 years in this city. way too long. i've been to quite a lot of countries, but always only for holidays. i've just lived in canada and denmark for half a year each.
it also seemed that 5 1/2 months in denmark were way too short...i was still meeting new people, making new friends, getting to know some people better, all the time.

but, however, you can't change things anyways.
i'm happy to shred with mr.alex again for example! :) and i really love that we always hang out/go out/party after our footbag sessions.
i already told that to him in person a few times, but nevertheless, big props for getting that 9th place and big props for hitting ripped warrior>mullet! :)

my first shred session in vienna was last wednesday and it was a good one. we were 6 people shredding and some good stuff was hit. i had quite a few nice runs. unfortunately the stones we were shredding on were super hard and killed my shins. on saturday i shredded again, but had to take it very, very easy because of constant shin pain. :evil:

yesterday i started to practise my routine for worlds.
i haven't played any competition in a year now (my last competition was euros last year in vienna). i can remember there was this one year (before i became european champion in 2004) where i went to at least 10 tourneys.

on thursday i'm going to innsbruck to visit a friend of mine and also to a small electronical music festival right up in the mountains. apart from that i'll hook up with the local footbaggers who are quite new in the sport and who i've only exchanged e-mails with. :)

my sister anita is going to new york to the NYFA freestyle smyposium. i'm so stoked for her! :) if you read this and going there as well, be nice to her and give her some footbag motivation. also, i'm proud of her, because she's 17 and going there by herself. :)
Verena Lenneis

verena
BSOS Beast

Post by verena » 17 Aug 2008 03:49

i'm back from prague.
had a good week of footbag and partying.
props to mr.alex for his great qualification routine! he got 2nd in his pool, but then ended up being in the pool of death! and also props for doing well at the request contest.
i'm a bit disappointed though, because i sucked so much in competition. i don't care so much about the placing, but i do care that worlds was my only tournament this year and both my shred30 and my first routine were the worst of my life, circle qualification okay, circle finals pretty bad and my final routine okay (too many drops and technically too easy, but i think i played quite well to the music).
at least i got one silver medal in circles and i'm really happy that there was women's circle for the first time at worlds, but honestly neither lise, tina, nor i played well.
it's just sad that everyone must think that i'm a really bad player. :(
i enjoyed partying and meeting people a lot though. i think even if i stopped playing footbag, i would still go to footbag tournaments, because of the people.
caroline from australia is really cool. i met her in vienna where she stayed at my place for a few days for the first time.
taylor is also really cool.
and the crazy danes of course. and the austrians too. and so many more. :)
like at worlds 2005 hania was my roommate. she's the best friend i made because of footbag. :) thanks for the good time we had.
my post is totally weird, i know. that's because i slept 1 hour which is not a lot. ;)
my shin is totally dead now. it even hurts without moving
i have to start packing soon. i'm off backpacking in indonesia for the next 6 weeks, don't know if i will play footbag there though, but hopefully.
Verena Lenneis

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 17 Aug 2008 04:59

i know you are a good player! it was realy nice to see the vienna crew again. i hope to see you guys soon. :)
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

Anne
Shredaholic

Post by Anne » 20 Aug 2008 22:37

Hey Verena,

I know you are a good player too, even though your competitions didn't go too well... I guess it just wasn't your worlds...

It was really nice to see you again though and I hope to see you some time in Denmark or in Vienna!!

Have a wonderful trip to Indonesia!! And don't worry about playing footbag there.. you probably won't have the time and won't bother because there are so many other much cooler and newer things to do.... and then you'll just have renewed footbag energy when you come home!!

Take care and see you!

-Anne

verena
BSOS Beast

Post by verena » 11 Oct 2008 02:22

hello modified,

just a short update about my life...

i had a really, really good time in indonesia. paul and i have been to jakarta for a few days and then to sumatra for 6 weeks. the people were really friendly, the nature was amazing (and really diverse; we've been to the jungle, climbed some volcanos, seen some crazy fish while snorkelling and hiked some more), the fruits were delicious, etc. i just love travelling so much. in 2-3 years we want to travel for a whole year.
needless to say, i haven't been playing footbag. well, at first i played twice and hit tapping whirl, but then i lost my motivation. since i'm the person that can get the suckiest footbag player in no time, that's where i am right now. i've started to play again this week though, but i'm taking it really easy.
i've got my last exam in the end of november. tax law. really boring.
i've started to play soccer. just once a week though.
i'm studying danish at university now. it's pretty stupid though, we don't really talk (and i already forgot how to), but we have to analyse some difficult short stories and have lots of homework.
again, i'm teaching footbag once a week for university students.
i applied for a part time job next to my studies and hope that i'll get it. it's non-paid, but should help me to get into the human rights direction with my studies.
yeah, i'm already pretty busy i guess.

i'll post a picture from indonesia for my dear readers.
peace.
Verena Lenneis

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 11 Oct 2008 03:34

Hej Verena.

Godt at høre at du har haft en god tur.

"At rejse er at leve"
- HC Andersen

HÃ¥ber du har det og vi snart ses.

Knus,
Asmus

Hania
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Hania » 13 Oct 2008 13:45

verena wrote:in 2-3 years we want to travel for a whole year
take me with you! Im a friendly, kind and a bit crazy person which can speak two very useful languages polish in czech :p

Anne
Shredaholic

Post by Anne » 16 Oct 2008 12:09

At rejse er at leve, at spille footbag er livet.

Godt at høre at du har haft en god tur.

Jeg skriver dansk for at du kan blive ved at huske det!!

Pas på dig selv - håber vi ses i DK eller Wien på et tidspunkt.

Anne

verena
BSOS Beast

Post by verena » 09 Nov 2008 02:11

Hania wrote:
verena wrote:in 2-3 years we want to travel for a whole year
take me with you! Im a friendly, kind and a bit crazy person which can speak two very useful languages polish in czech :p
yeah, i think we're the perfect team. i can speak danish as well, so we've already got all the important languages covered.
:P

@mine danske venner: tak. :) jeg kan stadig huske det danske sprog.
jeg savner jer og håber vi ses snart igen!

yeah. i'm still alive. i'm trying to play three times a week, but it's not always working.
i still suck at playing, but it's getting better now. i'm quite motivated though and have fun playing. also, my shins are quite good!! it's so much more fun to play and not have constant shin pains, i really appreciate that now.
a few days ago, i had to teach 2 football classes and taught 40 girls how to play footbag (as a practise for football though). since i'm about to quit my sports studies at university, it always feels really good to earn some money with sports.
i've got my last (hopefully) law exam in 2 weeks. afterwards i'm going to rome to visit my very good friend viviana. i've already contacted the footbag players in rome and it looks like we're going to have a session. :)
also, alex, anita, georg and i (all from footbag-vienna) are going to celebrate fc footstar's 11th anniversary in berlin! i'm so much looking forward to that!

alex has been to the french open and hit 183,87 points in shred30!! yeah!!
Verena Lenneis

verena
BSOS Beast

Post by verena » 17 Nov 2008 01:34

yeah! i'm so footbag-motivated at the moment. i think i haven't been like that in the last 2 years. 8O
the last two weeks i managed to play three times! :) the only bad thing is that my shins are acting up again, it's not that bad right now though.
i can't post any super highlights here, but i'm getting good again and the last few sessions i told the bag what to do. that felt good. my toe shuffle is pretty strong and i have decided to properly learn drifters (especially that annoying flipside one). i was happy to hit 8 contacts of drifter>whirl yesterday. :oops: :oops:

my sister anita is also totally making some progress at the moment! :)

i don't want to say anything for sure yet, but it looks very, very good that alex and i are going to organize a kick-mas-jam in vienna. 5th-7th of december, just a jam, no competition. i think i just found the gym for saturday, but i still need a final confirmation, that i will hopefully get tomorrow.
:)
Verena Lenneis

verena
BSOS Beast

Post by verena » 17 Nov 2008 13:20

yes! KICK-MAS JAM is happening!
posted at footbag.org and at http://www.footbag-vienna.com/cms .
now there is no way back! 8O

:) :) :)

ps: i know that this is on the same weekend as zocha jam is. this sucks but there was no other possibility and i don't think that we will steal them any attendees.
Verena Lenneis

Hania
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Hania » 17 Nov 2008 14:50

I just wanted to write 'Im coming', but its my patriotic duty to attend zocha jam ;( hehe...
Hope to hang out with you in Berlin, if I meange to get there somehow ;)

verena
BSOS Beast

Post by verena » 19 Nov 2008 11:45

Hania wrote: ...but its my patriotic duty to attend zocha jam
yeah. that sucks, would have been so nice to have you here, but i can totally understand that. i also expect all the austrians to come to kick-mas jam! :twisted: :twisted:

had a short, but fun session with bernhard today. anita is busy with school, as she's in her last year of high school, and alex is busy playing business man in sofia (bulgaria).

highlights:
-toe set reverse swirl (damn it, i didn't know that this was so hard)
-pixie ss whirl>double legover rpt :)
-16 contacts of smear>ss smear rpt >magellan>pixie legover rpt :D :D :D
Verena Lenneis

verena
BSOS Beast

Post by verena » 09 Dec 2008 13:22

updates:

-managed to shred with the italian footbag-crew while i was in rome. i played super shitty, but had a lot of fun nevertheless. that's a clear sign for how nice and chill these 3 footbaggers were. :)

-alex hit 69 the other day!

-kick-mas jam was really nice! i don't want to praise myself, but i'm really happy with the turnout. :) everybody's footbag vibe/spirit/mood on friday night was awesome. i got a lot of positive feedback which makes me super happy and motivated to organize more footbag stuff.
PICTURES can be found here !

i hate the fact that i don't get any comments, but quite a lot of views. :evil:
Verena Lenneis

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 09 Dec 2008 13:29

On my last post I got over a 100 views but no comments.
I am stoked to hear that there is footbaggers in Italy I didnt know.

Do you ever check MSN Messenger or something like that? I would like to talk more frequently with you.

You rock Verena!

See you soon I hope!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 09 Dec 2008 13:29

With toe set rev. swirl, did you jump for the swirl? It's way hard without the jump.

And props to Alex for 69.

mr.alex
BSOS Beast

Post by mr.alex » 23 Dec 2008 16:17

whoot!
long time no post from me, almost half a year. quite a lot happenend during this time. The footbag-highlights in short:
- I advanced to semi-finals at worlds-routines, the week after I had a very good time in berlin.
- the weekend afterwards I got austrian champ in routines for the 3rd time in a row :) It was a very cool and relaxed event at an open air pool in Peuerbach.
- Went to french open and got 2nd in shred 30 with my new personal best score -> 183.87.
- and then we organized kickmas-jam at beginning of dec in Vienna, where I had a really good time and I hope the others too.
- I've hit 69, one of my favourite moves 8) (thanks, Ken ;))

during all this time I had quite a lot of stress at work and I'm glad I managed to keep shredding regularly and also perform not too bad at competitions (at least at some events :)) thanks to the Autsiders in Wr. Neustadt for having a training on saturday afternoon, so I can play 3 times a week also in winter. I will miss Armin who is going to stay half a year in Finland to study abroad. He'll be in Tuukkas town so I'm looking forward to a finnish progression :)

last 2 years verena and me made a video of our last shred of the year. there wont be one this year because I already had my last shred 10 days ago. my next one will be most likely at fc footstars birthday party jam in berlin in january. I need to make a break from sports because of a small surgery I had a week ago. nothing big and worrying but it still sucks...
maybe I'll make some bags when I'm tired of reading and watching TV all the time.

merry christmas!
see you next year!
Alexander Trenner
footbag-vienna - feel the spirit