flurriestMASTER

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 16 Oct 2010 08:14

OMG (back?)spinning flying knee at 00:24!!!!!!!!

We have to master that!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq8BA-oA ... re=related[/youtube]
Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 18 Oct 2010 00:42

Hecky yeah. Let's hang something and knee it!

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 07 Nov 2010 02:55

I thought it'd be good to play every day for November and December before NYJ just like last year. I haven't been playing very much since worlds (or maybe even before). Missed 2 days so far...

430AM
Thinking that another day will go by that I don't play footbag.

[earlier...]
6pm
Reid, Nathan, Zeke and Reile make some homemade pizzas which were (mostly) delicious. Very cool hanging out. I had to bounce out for a birthday party at 1030 after watching Zeke's cool new characters he made on the game Smackdown.

1130pm... this party sucks. Friend scoops me and we go to the riverboat for some classic gambalayyn.

300AM McDonald's
330AM I just have to have a chocolate shake, and throw in some mozzarella sticks.
[/...earlier]

430AM
Thinking that another day will go by that I don't play footbag. My belly's full, and it's late and cold...

432AM
play footbag outside under the streetlamp. drilled gyro mirage>paradon :-)

*times may not be corrected for daylight savings time

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 10 Nov 2010 20:34

still playing every day. Except one day. A very shitty day with no sleep.
Just drilling some links, then last 2 times tried some moves:

smog>smog ( easy :-o )
Marius - I was racing to this move with Reile, then we sorta forgot about it. Tim called me about 2 weeks ago and said he footed it, so I said I'd race with him. I've wanted Marius for many years, though I haven't put in the practice time. With other hard moves I can see what's wrong, and know what to practice, but Marius just seemed to not work at all. Well I put in like 25 minutes of focused mental and physical practice and BOOGE - hit it. Wasn't happy - seemed flukish. Then hit it again and was really happy, ran around a bit and squealed.

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 11 Nov 2010 15:16

Niiiiiiiiiiiice

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 22 Nov 2010 13:36

monsoon out at the moment, wonder if I can play today.
Still trying to play every day before NYJ, some days I can't find the right time to fit in, so it turns out to playing about 5-6x a week.

Figured I'd holler it up on here. Drills are good for me when I don't just wanna play randomly. And I went for moves links that I can hit, but aren't too hard, so I can repeat them a bunch.

10 blur>smear>dimwalk>RPT bs
4 stepping ss clipper>pdx DLO>paradon BS
1 stepping ss clipper>pdx DLO>paradon>RPT
10 gyro DLO BS

---
the other day it was a bit colder, and I had a sweater on. I built up a sweat and when I was done, and sat on the floor next to the garage, I saw steam rising up from my forehead. I held my breath to make sure it wasn't that. Then I pulled my sleeves up and raised my arms in the air with the night sky behind it and the streetlamp to the side, and STEAM gushed from every inch of my skin. It looked so cool. Like a super power.
Last edited by CIC flurry on 22 Nov 2010 13:42, edited 1 time in total.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 22 Nov 2010 13:40

CIC flurry wrote:Still trying to play every day before NYJ
Me too.
CIC flurry wrote: 10 blur>smear>dimwalk>RPT bs
4 stepping ss clipper>pdx DLO>paradon BS
1 stepping ss clipper>pdx DLO>paradon>RPT
10 gyro DLO BS
So the number before the drill indicates how many times you hit the drill?

I like some of them drills.
CIC flurry wrote:monsoon out at the moment
I am liKe monSoons. :wink:

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 22 Nov 2010 13:57

Coool you're playing too, Ken.
Yes the number means how many times I hit the drill. The mathematician in me wants to put brackets and multiplication signs.
So 10 trick>trick>trick>RPT means 6 moves, hand catch, then again 9 more times. Though I should try to hit it 10x in a row... challenge baby!

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 03 Jan 2011 23:12

My groin hsa been jacked since september. I played every day in november, I took most of december off, except for NYJ. I am taking off January, and maybe february.
I have a massager that I'm going to use hopefully get into an every day routine with it, I think it will help.

Also my knee feels a bit weird, so I think this planned time off will be good. I generally haven't ever been injured in all the years I've been playing.

I hope this time off doesn't make me forget about dre, I mean footbag. it's quite a fear of mine,

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 04 Jan 2011 06:11

Sorry to hear you're injured, but at least the timing is good. I'd much rather be injured during the first couple months of the year, than any other time. Getting injured in the summer tournament season is the worst. Taking time off can also be good, cause when you come back you can tweak/relearn some parts of your game to make them stronger.

It was good seeing you at NYJ, and best of luck with your recovery.

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 04 Jan 2011 12:20

Hey buddy,

Sorry about your injuries... I didn't think they were still hurting you. A break is probably a good thing since it's winter... but I really doubt you'll forget about dre.

Gaaaahhh daaam

Call if you wanna hang.

edit:
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 10 Jan 2011 14:49

Hey, this isn't a bad time to take a break from footbag. You know what they do to injured ponies...

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 10 Jan 2011 20:54

sorry to hear your injured. get better soon dude.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 03 Feb 2011 07:39

Hope you survived the blurry illusion. Shit sounded serious.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 03 Feb 2011 11:58

Thanks, I was AG. I had already driven that day, and wasn't in traffic when it got really bad. I was just watching tv and on the laptop as I heard the wind whip outside. Then we woke up, dug the cars out, and went sledding!

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 07 Mar 2011 13:55

I'm in Florida and looked up a local club. They are 20-30 minutes away only! From there to facebook and I see that Tommy Whitworth is friends with one of them, and I remember he is in Florida, and see that he's only 20 minutes from me! We'll probably play this weekend.

I haven't played sine NYJ and I'm still injured, and I only have my unmodded lavers, but I can't be this close to people and not play. I will take it easy and hope it goes well. I think my leg is getting better. It was all rest and sometimes massage in Jan and Feb, and mostly rest in Dec too. I've now started exercising it to build it up in hopes that will help.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 31 Mar 2011 05:48

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 03 Apr 2011 18:05

My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 17 Apr 2011 10:34

I kicked lightly for the first time since New Year's Jam while i was in florida. Like 2x. Then again in Vegas.

While I was in Florida I was doing some flips in the water, and sometimes I'd feel a sharp pain in my injured groin. Usually when I do something quick like starting to run or when I forget about my injury and try to jump, it feels like a thread of a rope snaps a bit.

I saw some kid run into the ocean in florida and do a front flip in to the water, and it looked so fun. And a bunch of others skim boarding, and I tried, but I just couldn't do it properly - so stupid, scared of something so easy, but for good reason, because when my one leg takes off on the board and my legs quickly stretch out, I'm in for a bit of pain, and possibly a set back in recovery time. If recovery will ever happen, and this isn't some life long thing. it's been 7 months... I feel like i have no freedom. I feel constrained. I can't run if I have to, or run and jump for fun. Just the idea of 'I can't do that' is a bitch.

But I do feel like it's getting better. The other day I ran from the car to the house. I just felt like I could. it felt great.

I think the next step is to exercise the muscle under new conditions: like light running. I think I used to feel the injury while I walking. And now I don't. So next is to run a bit I suppose. This in addition to the leg adducting resistance stretches that I do sometimes. I actually don't think footbag freestyle puts much stress on this particular muscle. Well it does hurt when I jump off my left leg. But I'm down to play again.

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 23 May 2011 09:11

Re: Top 3 chaser moment.
Was he talking about you at 4:00?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjySETfm0T8[/youtube]
Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn