Stuff n Junk w/ Crowley

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 01 May 2012 10:58

^ sounds like a good session man.....
i like those links....ive never thought of fairy ss rev whirl...thanks 8)
SHRED HARD!

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 03 May 2012 16:13

Thanks mark. it's much more fun with the symp rev version because of the plant.

They see me trollin... they hatin
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 09 May 2012 16:19

Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 11 May 2012 08:43

Sometimes, when you can see the moon during the day, i imagine it's the Death Star being built.

edit: It inspired me to make this

Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 16 May 2012 15:45

Visited the farm that my girlfriend works at today. They offered to hook me up with free hops for brewing throughout the summer when they're ready. BOOYAH!
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 21 May 2012 07:59

Went on my first backpacking trip of the season in the Great Bear Wilderness. A few things to know about the area:

-Living up to its name, the wilderness is prime grizzly bear habitat and has some of the most dense populations of the species anywhere in the lower 48 states. Black bears are more common however
-Visitors are urged when entering this remote landscape to be well versed in outdoor survival skills
-300 miles (480 km) of hiking trails exist in the wilderness, but many of them are poorly maintained. Much of the interior sections have no trails at all requiring travelers to have to bushwack.

Needless to say, my bear mace was on my hip at all times. Only saw a black bear once, but it was a cub at a distance up in a tree. We skidaddled on out of there before the sow got pissy.

From the Trail

Bushwhacked to Pond:

Bushwhacked to river:

The entire area is populated with Western Trillium:

Camped in a moose meadow. The only place where it was even possible to fit a tent. Saw one moose sow about 20 yds away while exploring the area, but i got out of there and the moose didn't bother getting up. Earlier that morning, you could hear one eating grass and grunting right outside of our tent. The grunting was to warn us to leave it the fuck alone while it was eating. My gf and her dog were sleeping. I was stiff as a board in fear.

The entire hike, both on trail and off, was saturated with bear paw prints about every couple of feet. I literally saw thousands of prints. About every 4th or 5th tree in the meadow we camped in had bear scratching warning us that this was their area, but it was the only campable spot so we had to set up there. The first morning, there was fresh bear scat about 20 feet from our tent.

You can see the claws slicing through the thick bark at the top of this one:

Also saw a herd of 7 Mountain Goats. There are 2 videos on my facebook page.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 21 May 2012 17:32

Nice write-up :)

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 23 May 2012 20:50

sick photos! looks like it was fun!
A.G.

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 24 May 2012 04:24

That must have been a ridiculous rush, and also ridiculously beautiful. Props on the trip.

Question: Why was the dog brought along? It'd scare me, knowing that a moose/bear/sasquatch could have been just outside your tent, and the dog could have barked or something unpredictable?
Jay Boychuk

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 24 May 2012 11:04

Glad y'all enjoy it.
jay7 wrote:Question: Why was the dog brought along? It'd scare me, knowing that a moose/bear/sasquatch could have been just outside your tent, and the dog could have barked or something unpredictable?
Animals don't like confrontation, and usually a barking dog will keep predators away as long as they are at a distance, and the dog is not pursuing them. This dog would not do that. The exceptions are if you are near their den, near their young, near their food source, or just startle them and the fight or flight response kicks in... or night time for bears. On a darker note, if we do get attacked, the dog would probably become the bait allowing us to get away.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 24 May 2012 11:10

Eat puppies... All the cool grizzlies are doin' it.

Crazy photos man. I'm a Wildlife Science Major/ Biology Minor and I really appreciate everything you've posted. Madd cool. I'd love to go backpacking sometime. Never done it. On my to do list.

I'm gonna check those videos out now.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 25 May 2012 10:13

Hit gyro whirl>tomahawk bs and started a string off with pdx blender>scorps. WEEEEEEEE!

Time for SWEATY FOOTBAG BEARD PICS!
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 26 May 2012 01:45

Hello handsome.

You ever coming to europe and drink beer and shred with me?

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 03 Jun 2012 15:05

By the time I finally make it to europe, I probably won't be able to shred anymore... But I'll still be able to drink beer ;)

If a genie won't let you wish for more wishes, can you wish to be able to wish for more wishes?
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

rjadamson
Multidex Master

Post by rjadamson » 04 Jun 2012 19:24

Sporatical_Distractions wrote:If a genie won't let you wish for more wishes, can you wish to be able to wish for more wishes?
I think so, but it's at the genie's discretion to interpret whether or not wishing to be able to wish for more wishes actually grants an additional wish with which you can wish for more wishes with.

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 06 Jun 2012 09:20

Ha! Thanks for posting Reilley

Brewed a batch of all-grain beer yesterday. It was going to be a rosemary mint honey saison, but the store didn't have any fresh rosemary nor mint. So I made a thai basil honey saison:

9 lbs mariss otter malt
1 lb dark wheat malt
1 lb cara pilsen malt
8 oz munich malt
8 oz vienna malt

8 oz sucrose
8-10 oz clover honey
1 oz citra hops
1 oz saaz hops
1 oz centennial hops
1 oz thai basil

I also went shooting the other day. Had 2 .22 rifles and a snub nose .38 special revolver. We set up about 30 dishes, a laptop on top of a tv on top of another tv, mugs, and various other items.

Here's the tv stand after my first round:

Here's my first shot, and it was from about 40 yards :wink: :

The aftermath:

How I felt:
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 20 Jun 2012 09:09

Transferred the honey thai basil ale into the secondary fermenter. Took a sample. It tastes phenomenal.

Played footbag the other day with jere. It was fun. 1 of my first links before getting into shred clothes was clip ss double pickup>far muted swirl. Worked bsos vortexes.

Tried to do nuke sets but couldn't get any of them. later in the session, i randomly tried ripped warrior>sumo and got it with the set coming up to my sternum :) couldn't do nukes again for the rest of the session.
-vortex>ss butter swirl bs
-orangutang evey try :)
-quantum opp blender - new?
-pdx blender>far double pickup
-strings and runs
-hotdogs in a skillet session afterwards

edit: Got my first job performance review since I got the supervisor position at the library. Got 4 out of 5 "exceeds expectations" and was told that I "own the position" 8)

Cooking spaghetti:
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 20 Jun 2012 17:59

Nice :D
Video?? I like the vortex > same butterfly swirl. And that's silly about the sumo. I have similar problems sometimes, like, sometimes I can only stepping duck out of a spinning trick, or something.
What's the future looking like for your library job? I think you'd mentioned that it's only temporary? Would you ever go do your Master's? I just found out that my Master's program has NO tests! All projects and ...presentations :cry: I'd love to hear more about your job. There was a talk on comics in libraries at my school last week, but I missed it. I forget why I missed it. I'm going to a library conference on the weekend though.

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 22 Jun 2012 08:49

Played for 4 hours yesterday :!: My legs are thrashed. Mostly drilled consecutives. Some fun new links were toe diving osis>blender bsos, barfly>ss butter swirl, gyro symple legover>flail, heel>ss knee delay>opp toe>rpt, delusion>dod

Muffinman wrote:Nice :D
Video?? ... Would you ever go do your Master's?
No video. My camera is somewhere in a massive pile of recovery boxes from when my parents basement flooded. If I can find my picture camera, i can film some tricks.

Probably won't go and get my masters. I'm perfectly content with life. Will say more about my job in the future. Still mentally beat from all the shred last night.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 27 Jun 2012 09:05

Made a standard American Rye Ale yesterday. Should only need 2 weeks of fermentation before bottling.

6.25 lbs 2-row malt
1.75 lbs Rye malt
.75 lbs Caramel 40L malt

.75 oz Mt Hood hops (60 minute boil)
1 oz Saaz hops (15 minute boil)

American ale yeast

Bottling the honey and thai basil ale on tuesday, and bottling the rye ale and a weird experimental ale the week after that. Should be 135 bottles in 2 weeks time :)

Might brew up something ni the belgian style next week.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley