Stuff n Junk w/ Crowley

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 12 Jul 2005 17:32

watched mean girls today. 2 hours that i'll never get back :x

so, property management employees are some of the rudest people i've ever met. that is a broad generalization but i'm still making it. i was wearing my scrubbiest clothes and me and my friend handed in aps for a 3 bedroom house. she saw what we were wearing and that there were two of us and rudely said "and how are you going to pay for this".
"WITH MONEY!!"
she wo0uldn't tell us their procedures or what the hell the forms were that she started handing us and wouldn't even look at us. AHHHHHHHHHHH :evil: RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Sporatical_Distractions on 12 Aug 2005 11:45, edited 2 times in total.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 13 Jul 2005 13:17

kicked at out-to lunch today.

did the same old same old that is in pretty much every previous entry.

some new things: hit three barflys in one run. that's a first. and hit string>ducking osis>barfly>whirl>string. it was my first time hitting something other than an osis out of barfly. made up a fun drill and hit it first try to start a string. ducking clipper>blur>ss butter>rpt

evan wanted me to try osis>bubba beater>phoenix. First try I got osis>bubba beater>fairy drop and then I got as far as the bubba beater before I just couldn't even get close anymore.

we did have a cool passing circle. evan did pendulum pass to me and I hit it up with a heel click pass to seth who did a flying toe pass back to evan. Ohhh yeah! 8)

leave for portland in less than 48 hours. I can't wait :twisted:
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 13 Jul 2005 15:31

just hand fed an adolescent squirrel some bread. It was awesome. it curiously walked up, grabbed the bread and ate it. I then went back to work and spent about an hour thinking about how cool it would be to have a pet squirrel.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 14 Jul 2005 17:29

watched Lon Smith- BADASSNESS again last night and wanted to shred. but my legs were pretty sore from yesterdays noon session so I went tiltless. Had a tiltless run that was almost forty contacts right off the bat. my form was terrible because I was soo sore but that's a pretty lengthy run for me. i caught it on camera and will post it soon (that's what I said about the alpine fairy beater :roll: ) drilled illusions and pickups and then spent twenty to thirty minutes trying to learn how to spin. Hit spinning clipper bsos, spinning butter bs, spinning osis bs, and flip spinning ducking nothing. yay, my first flip spinning ducking ever. gyro osis was extremely easy for a couple minutes, but then I sucked at it again. my spins still need ridiculous amounts of work though. This is gonna be a lengthy battle.

get off work in an hour and a half and then I get to eat. whooooo! FOOD! drank a full pot of cofee again today and my stomach hurts. can't wait to eat
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Blackend
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Blackend » 18 Jul 2005 18:04

Sporatical_Distractions wrote:no footbag is in this entry

last night was too crazy to start my hiatus so i'll start it today. i was chilling w/ 4 friends and we decided to drink on the roof because we'd gotten drunk everywhere else in my buddy's house :idea: he pulled his volvo a little out of the garage and we put an empty keg on top of it for a stepping ladder and carried five chairs to place on his roof. that was pretty sketchy cause if you lean back too far you'll roll down the roof and mess yourself up :? while drinking we saw a guy that attatched metal plates to the bottom of his shoes and was hanging on to the open door of a truck burling down the street at about 30-35 with his shoes sliding on the ground creating mass sparks :!: we then got more beer and created a drunk pusher (a wooden T that is used to push drunk people out of the house. It had rifle-esque handles too). some more people came over and we climbed back on the roof for an hour or so. we decided to go down and use knives to assist us getting fucked up and wandered down the middle of the street in a huge drunken posse all the way to the grocery store for more beer yelling and falling all over. Eventually when I finally made it home I took ten steps into the door before I passed out on my parents kitchen table for a few hours :oops: but hey, at least I didn't pass out before 10:30 this time :wink: that was a good note to start my weeklong sobriety on.
Hehe, I remember that. Our crew comes up with some stupid ideas sometimes. Anyway, Portland was a blast. I hit another 4 (toe diving osis) at Portland, then I did some shredding outside my house today and hit flip symp pixie (thanks to Justin Dale's coaching), flip symp mirage (again thanks to Justin) and I got a neat string out of hop over>far legover>symp mirage>butterfly>ground stall. Now I'm off to shred some more.
Sam Mayer

"Son, a woman is like a beer. They smell good, they look good, you'd step over your own mother just to get one!" - Homer Simpson

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 19 Jul 2005 15:41

ATTENTION: I have officially destroyed my knees and will be out for probably 2-3 months, maybe more :cry: I came up with a great rehabilitation program though. take it easy for week one. Build quad, hip, and knee strength with the remaining weeks. Lap Swim daily. Throw in consecutive kicks and toe stalls after a few weeks. build up to tiltless. build up to guiltless. build up to 4s, 5s, and 6s.

finally got my mosher bag today. I can break it in when I move up to consecutive kicks through the rehabilitation program.

Just got back from Northwest fest. Here is a very rough and incomplete synopsis

Day 1
left missoula at 7 in the morning. we missed the majority of our turnoffs and did lots of backtracking. After a couple hours in the non air conditioned car we reached the columbia river and took a dip. there were tons of cuteys and kite surfers around. I'd never seen kite surfing in real life. It was sweet. we closed in on portland and drove aroumd the base of what I believe to be mt hood. just outside of portland we went to a disc golf course in *forgot the name* we finished up and finally made it to the site where I immediately saw lon smith finishing up a torque run with pdx torque b2b>ducking pdx torque b2b 8O said howdy to sunny, daryl, jim, and sam potter and chilled for a bit chatting and watching. We then snagged up some food from down the street and headed to reds. We stayed up chatting b4 i got ridiculously tired and passed out in the corner.

Day 2
woke up and jere, evan, brad nelson and I headed to the saturday market. Brad was one of my favorite people to hang with this weekend. We cruised through the stands and I ate some excellent beef and rice. there was a busker playing drums, harmonica, and accordian at the same time! he used to kick at the beaver open and later that day appeared at the site. we went to the site and I started kicking with nick landles. he has gotten sooooo smooth since last I saw him. My knees were hurting so I played like shit and sat on the side most of the time. Sam Potter has awesome style (not to mention the smallest windows of all time). I kicked with Noah quite a bit. He was another guy that was really cool and fun to kick with. Matt Emmings was definitely my favorite person to kick with. He's a pretty funny guy with super styley play. that night we went to noahs. it was a joint players party / 21st b-day for one of noahs roomates. jere, jorden moir, and I wend to a mexican/bbq place. They opened the doors specially for us. It was their grand opening too. I got to know jorden pretty well that dinner. He's a cool and modest kid with potential in more areas than just footbag. we moseyed back to noahs and I chilled with ryan thomas for quite some time. We made fun of this girl that would ask one person 15 questions and then move to the next person and rpt the questions. We were all victimized by her interviews. Brad Nelson got interviewed and we just laughed at him the whole time. "you think you're getting some brad, but you're WRONG!" I got pretty trashed and fell asleep in the basement. Nick Landles got wasted and passed out in the driveway in his vomit!

day 3
My knees hurt like hell and so I sat on the sides watching for most of the 3rd day. brad nelson, jere, and I had a hack circle. then later brad nelson, jorden moir, and I had a circle with just outside kicks. It was pretty sweet. There was some sick shred thrown down this day. Towards the evening the missoula crew went to a disc golf course in pier park. This was by far the coolest folf course I had ever been to. My knees were sore and so I just watched and didn't play. Afterwards we went to Noahs and passed out.

day 4
the long drive home. We hit up the McIver disc golf course on our way out of portland. There are some super long pars and technicality on this 27 HOLE BEAST! the drive wasn't too bad. I bought a pint of blackberries and an ice cream shake on the way home. we made it back to missoula at a litle after midnight.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 20 Jul 2005 12:29

day 2 of rehabilitation complete

went to out-to-lunch today to support my crew. did kicks for 15 minutes with my new mosher bag today and then ate a super bomby salad while chatting with my ex-girlfriends little sister.

all i can really do is kick right now so I worked on trying alternating kicking ducks. I only got a few alternating. also tried kicking spins. hit a new move. inside kick>ducking ingyro inside kick. also had inside kick>diving sole kick.

i'm anxious to start strengthening my knees next week 8)
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Blackend
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Blackend » 21 Jul 2005 11:09

I was really hungover yesterday for out to lunch and my re-injured toe didn't really help that much, so I played really shitty. I don't think I had any runs over 5 contacts...I got really, really trashed the night before (Kevin saw me and said I was hilarious) and my friend Greg showed up at 7:15 and I don't remember him being there at all because Brent and I started our handle of Jack at 6. It's been a long time since I split a handle with someone. I fell up the stairs a few times, hurting my forearms, which might explain my toe. Apparantly, I fell off the chair a few times, too. This could be a sign for me to stop drinking. Maybe I will...when pigs fly! So, I'm going to have to take it easy for a little while until my toe stops hurting again. I might go see a doctor sometime about it. I don't think it's supposed to look like it is (it's looked weird ever since I injured it in January). On a side note, I hit diving osis again yesterday, which proves it wasn't a fluke!
Sam Mayer

"Son, a woman is like a beer. They smell good, they look good, you'd step over your own mother just to get one!" - Homer Simpson

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 21 Jul 2005 13:28

Day 3 of rehabilitation complete

Day 4
my knees are feeling pretty good now that i'm not kicking. i started easing into wall sits today to strengthen my quadricep. wow, i can't believe how puny my quads are. no wonder i'm having knee trouble. when doing wall sits, i looked at my quads and they are only a little over two finger widths wide 8O they are going to need a lot of strengthening. am going to do another set of ten tonight, do some yoga, and go to bed. I'm hoping that next week i'll be able to whip out my ankle weights and resistant tubing. it's incredible how much flexibility i've lost from just three and a half days of not being active. my mosher bag is breaking in soo fast from doing kicks yesterday. i'm hoping that by the time i'm back in the game it will be uber broken in. can't wait till i start doing consecutive kicks with it :P i can try to break my record of a puny 1200 :oops:
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 22 Jul 2005 16:38

Day 4 rehabilitation complete

Day 5
gahddddd, i had the worst hangover that i've ever had ever today. last night was crazy. sam mayer (blackend) got punched in the face by one of our buddies because he told him how terribly he treats his fiance! (called him a "wifebeater") 8O

I struggled out of bed and watched Matrix Revolutions today. I forgot how disappointing that movie is. it's a good movie but it's not nearly as good as matrix 1 and reloaded. if i had to put them in order of greatness i'd say reloaded, matrix, and lastly revolutions. I also watched Erik Chan's muffinman video like 5 times in a row trying to see exactly how he spins. sooo smooth and styley. Good shiz. I can't wait till i have spins down.

i was messing around in my basement and was testing out my knees by doing a couple atws. then out of the blue i hit flip phoenix barefoot and in my pajamas. i was pretty stoked. I knew i shouldn't have even tried it though due to my current status so i put the footbag down and left. my knees are feeling the best that they have ever felt because i'm staying off of them. maybe I'll be back in the game sooner than I expected. just gotta play it safe.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 23 Jul 2005 11:38

Day 5 complete

Day 6
tested out the ol' knees with about 20 minutes of tiltless shred today. It felt great. hit some new moves: zulu x-bdy rake, atomic opp pickup, pickup from a cloud kick. To test out atomics I hit that atomic opp pickup first ever attempt straight into a legbeater and then back to tiltless. That's a cool feeling link. I was still hungover and felt extremely nauseous after that 20 minutes though.

Had a chill night and watched the Spawn cartoon series for the first time. all i've got to say is "I want HellSpawn powers!". Overkill is such a badass. Too bad they didn't show the new Spawn dominate him. I wish animators cared as much about their artwork today as they did back then. Now they are just half assed drawings that are made up for with hilarious plots. The dawn of South Park.

I've got to trim shrubs in the backyard today. YAY :roll: they need at least six-seven feet taken off the tops. maybe I can try and actually get tan. that's a plus.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 24 Jul 2005 08:49

I welcome people to write in this blog, even if it's pointless posts. over 600 views and only about three different people have responded.

Day 6 complete

Day 7
what a bad idea trimming shrubs shirtless was. the sap from the shrubs causes your skin to break out in a rash :oops: my torso itched sooooo bad yesterday. luckily i took a trip to the river and it all washed off

went to deer creek bridge for the first time in two years. it was also my first time visiting the river this year (with exception to swimming on the washington/oregon border). me and my buddy trevor took a couple jumps off and the water was perfect. the bridge is about 30-35 feet (possibly even 40) off the water and the river is deep as monica lewinsky's throat :wink: there was a guy trying to act all badass in front of these girls but he was too afraid to jump and here come these two tiny kids who jumped off within 15 seconds of being there.

holding strong with my wall sits. I have no idea where my ankle weights or resistant tubing is. I'll have to go for a lengthy search after work
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 24 Jul 2005 08:56

Hey it sounds like you have a good routine with recovery! I pretty much just spent a week or two away from footbag than went straight back into it despite the pain when I injured myself and that was a really stupid thing to do. You're definitly going the right way about it!

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be ripping it up when you get back into it! :)

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 25 Jul 2005 12:30

I did some bops yesterday and threw it together into a video with some old footage of individual moves and the first time i ever ducked a fairy (hence the excitement):
testing the 'ol Knees
sorry for the size. this is the first video i've put together entirely on my own.

Day 7 Complete

Day 8
i started using my ankle weights today. man is my right quad weak. it shakes spasmatically everytime I worked it. Hopefully if I start slow it will slowly strengthen enough to exercise it twice daily.

Last night was awesome. Me and a friend drove around town blowing off bricks of firecrackers. we put one in a video return box, a bell, the back of a moving van, a soda machine, an ice cream shop and right by the police station.

I got a secondary job at the library that will make me a dollar extra per hour :D hell yeah. no more minimum wage bitches. that's right, the minimum payment alloted by the U.S. government. they want to pay me less but they can't. I WIN! :twisted:

edit: forgot to mention my excitement for the day. I scrounged up the scattered change in my room and cashed it at the bank: $29.04 :D
Last edited by Sporatical_Distractions on 25 Jul 2005 12:58, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

ted
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ted » 25 Jul 2005 12:38

I want to move to Montana. Missoula or Bozeman. I hate LA.
Theodore Anderson

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 26 Jul 2005 10:22

ted wrote:I want to move to Montana. Missoula or Bozeman. I hate LA.
if anything, move to Missoula. There's not much to Bozeman and absolutely no footbag scene.

Day 8 Complete

Day 9
yay, someone actually replied to my thread in the videos section 8O

yay, someone actually replied to my blog 8O

so last night was random. I was at a party and this girl showed up that I had seen around campus during the school year. It was a girl that was friends with another girl I knew and i had never mustered up the courage to go talk to her. anyways, yada yada yada, we went back to her place and ended up snuggling and talking for hours on end :D

going to go swimming in the river today and jump of deer creek bridge again. i'm excited. Evan's g-units arrived while he was in chicago. I'll bet he just rolled in to town this morning and has been wearing them all day. Damn they are comfortable shoes :P
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Blackjack
Shredaholic

Post by Blackjack » 26 Jul 2005 12:01

Last edited by Blackjack on 06 Dec 2012 09:30, edited 2 times in total.

Blackjack
Shredaholic

Post by Blackjack » 26 Jul 2005 12:01

Last edited by Blackjack on 06 Dec 2012 09:30, edited 1 time in total.

Sporatical_Distractions

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 26 Jul 2005 15:05

that's pretty chill bryan. I'm gonna start my second year at the university of montana in missoula this fall.

hey, random fact for you. the odds of being a redhead are the same as being a hermaphrodite! True Fact!!!

swimming was rad. took tons of jumps off the bridge. jumped off one side that i'd never jumped before. the water was the coldest it's been in quite awhile. did more swimming and chilling on the beach than anything though.

edit: that girl from last night wants to go streaking across campus tonight. we were going to do it last night but lacked motivation. it will be my first time streaking. don't know if i'll pull through though :roll:

edit 2: just saw this from a couple posts ago and wanted to write it again cause it amused me that much

Nick Landles passed out in his own vomit in the driveway at northwest fest
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Blackend
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Blackend » 27 Jul 2005 15:37

So are you saying Pete might be a hermaphradite, also? :wink: Out to Lunch today was pretty productive. My foot felt pretty good throughout all of the shred and I had some pretty decent shred. Mostly worked on my flip butter, clipper, mirage, and symp mirage. My pixies were pretty smooth for the most part today. After I biked back to my house, I made a sandwich and passed the fuck out after I put in the old version of The Manchurian Candidate, but I woke up to see the last half hour, which, conveniently, I missed last time I saw it. This one made a bit more sense than the Denzel Washington version.

On a side note: my idiot relatives fucked up my address here yet again, so I called my mom and yelled at her to send it to my old address next to Pete's because I still have the mailbox key for there. I know they can't screw that one up because they've sent mail there before. I think mail won't come for me here because I'm not on the lease or something stupid.
Sam Mayer