Ashley Danowski's Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
ashleyd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ashleyd » 15 Feb 2006 16:33

I loved Valentines day. :wink:
Ashley Danowski

"As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so life well spent brings happy death."

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 16 Feb 2006 17:41

hey im a new guy daves teaching

Samurai
4square Warrior

Post by Samurai » 16 Feb 2006 19:40

what a great first post

Samurai
4square Warrior

Post by Samurai » 28 Feb 2006 14:20

buuuuump

What were your thoughts on CSS7? :)
Shreddaily wrote:
Started with sparse low lines, built intensity with rythmic variety, went to 16th note lines in high register, than went to octives, than block chords for my last chorus... If you understood that last sentance than you should be playing music and not checking the internet.

ashleyd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ashleyd » 01 Mar 2006 20:08

CSS overview:

Hmmm. Hard to start.
I wasn't planning on going to this event untill Emily pursuaded me in LA. Saving was kinda hard, but Sam and I managed fine. I lost my license 2 days before we had to leave and that was scary. I had to schedule an appointment at the DMV. But my mom ended up finding it tucked away in the car(which I looked in.)
Friday:
I went to school for 2 classes to turn in stuff, then checkout out early. Packed up the last of my stuff and my dad drove Sam and I to the Tampa airport really early. We had like 3 hours to kill. We ate at Fridays and played cards. That was fun. When I came onto the plane I had no idea I was in for the ride from hell. In a nut shell- I threw up, with a major head-ache. Sam saved me with massages and doing basically anything I needed. <3
So we get there about 10 Denver time. Hour bus ride to hotel. First thing I do, meet up with David C for B Town reunion. That was fun. Also introducing Sam to David was kinda scary on my part, but that ended up working out really well.
Also met Stephen Barnes, Evan??(sorry), Lon Smith and Ken Somolinos. (I think thats it)
Went to bed exhausted and sick.

SATURDAY:

Much better day :D -

Buffet breakfast with Ken, Lon, Joe, Dat. Lon had me and ken steal bananas and apples for him. After that everyone got ready and met up out in front of hotel where Brad K. picked us up and took us to the church. We had a lot of full-hacks before though 8) . that was fun.

at the venue i walk in to see david busting, of course.
started kicking with him and a bunch of other people.
-5 person SHREDITA CIRCLE 8O . Highlight of my life.
-david won shred 30
-sickest 3 ever
-watched some sick stuff

after all that fun stuff Sam and i walked to Sams(sponser) to eat. Me Sam, Ken, And Kevin R. good food.

went to hotel for jacuzzie, and watch big shred in the shred area place.
(btw, sick hotel!)

Cards with David>emotional talk with someone else till 430 in the am.

Sleep time!Zzzz

SUNDAY:

woke up pretty sore. slept in and skipped breakfast buffet with the crew. surprisingly somolinos was still in the hotel room watching NBA. We walked to Sams for some take out breakfast.
Warm day, good for 4- square.

got there, ate, stretched, kicked with Justin Dale, and some others i just met. Helped my break in my new Mirkin I bought.

4 square at 2. 1st round me, sam, steve g. (holy crap hes good) tom k., tim ?. Steve won, Tom 2nd so they moved on.

Watching the finals 4 square was fun. I was rooting for Emily, she had a good start.

After that Ken, Sam and I walked to Cheese Cake Factory for some bangin food.
Came back, watched a lot of shred. Darel, David, Penske, Lon... maybe someone else.? not sure.Penske was busting phat! so was david.

after that walked to hotel for free cocktail. Then, the most intense game ever of Ceilining Hack EVER! 8O OMG took so long, but so rewarding!!!!
then some shred/ 4 sqaure. everyone went outside looking for shred spot. about 15 of us. that was super fun.
Sam and I broke off and walked around Denver after that. :)

Finally came back to the shred spot in the hotel. Watched Sam, Ken, David, Kevin, Dat bust. Crazy shit. I said most of my goodbyes. SO SAD FOR ME. It went by really fast and I wish I could have talked to a lot more people like. a lot! I went back to the room and said a goodbye to dave, untill this summer when i hope ill see him again.

couple hours of sleep and then off the next day to FL. i thought I lost my bag, but i didnt. And I cant find my camera cord, so I cant post pictures yet. I have davids shred 30 on it. so i mean, im stressing.

footbag is the greatest thing. especially sick tornaments like this one was for me.

Random:
-jeremy mirkins bags are sweet, wanted to talk to him more.
- wanted to sherd with penske
-wanted to shred with ken more
-wanted to shred with emily and sunny more.
- wanted to spend more time with dave
- wanted to talk to pete more
- wanted to rematch Goldberg

ugh im sure im forgetting stuff- Ill have to add to this later. School tommarow.

Props to everyone who helped with the event and ran it! It was sweet from the hotel to the shirt. Thanks for making my first comp. really fun. :)
Ashley Danowski

"As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so life well spent brings happy death."

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 01 Mar 2006 20:20

Nice post! It was so good seeing you there. :-)
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

quadgun
can't dex

Post by quadgun » 01 Mar 2006 20:20

yay @ polish footbag players
: P

ashleyd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ashleyd » 05 Mar 2006 07:59

Session yesterday

First off I stretched, then did like 50 inside stalls and kicked around. 2 square with Sam. Then shred. I hit some decent stuff for a short session.

Im happy with certain parts of what i can hit, and then like string length just kills my style. I know I have to lose weight in order to improve that, so more sessions is what I need. Its a hard commitment to make to cut out all the laziness in your life along with all the shitty food. But Im willing because I really want to be a serious, good footbag player. And not just good cause im a girl.

Today I have to work 1-8. Ill shred afterwards.

-until then
Ashley Danowski

david
Senor Buttercup

Post by david » 05 Mar 2006 08:28

:D nice.
david

ashleyd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ashleyd » 05 Mar 2006 19:32

2/5/06 session

Started with 2 square with Samuel. (I won. :) ) Then we stretched for a bit and after sessioned. I did easy stuff at first, ya know, to bring together my basics.
I drilled a lot today. Spins and ripwalks mostly. It depresses me how lame my rips have gotten. What ever happened to 5 being easy? I managed rip>rip. O well. Dont ever let a session get you down!

With the spins I was trying spinning clipper> same butter> spinning clipper. I felt like it was helping my control on spins. But it took a while to get. I got like 1 each side, :? , with many attempts. I still feel like it was good for me.After the drilling of that I started with longer lines but it was 10pm and i have school tommarow so i decided to wrap it up and shower +some mod.in. Thus, this entry. Im outty 2000.

:footbag:
Ashley Danowski

Samurai
4square Warrior

Post by Samurai » 05 Mar 2006 20:10

Get your daily modified.in. :footbag:
Shreddaily wrote:
Started with sparse low lines, built intensity with rythmic variety, went to 16th note lines in high register, than went to octives, than block chords for my last chorus... If you understood that last sentance than you should be playing music and not checking the internet.

ashleyd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ashleyd » 06 Mar 2006 12:21

Hey everyone,
I presented a project today for psychology on Stanely Milgram. I hate presenting things because I'm one of those people who get nervous. Bleh.

Session later.
Ashley Danowski

ashleyd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ashleyd » 06 Mar 2006 14:29

Just found my cable to my dig camera. I can finally post some of my pictures from css. Not that many, but still.

waiting to leave for Denver.

Called the Cleaver.

Lon putting on his shoes.

All just random stuff, I was too busy to take the time to get good pictures. This being my 1st event I wanted to meet a lot of people. So yeah- halla.
Ashley Danowski

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 06 Mar 2006 15:21

Wow, CSS7 is your first event. I bet people were just shitting themselves watching you skool'em. Usually shreditas like yourself at your level have been to a couple...lucky you having CSS as the first event, must have been mindblowing. I remember my first event...seeing all those double / triple dexes made my mind spin...good times :)
More C4 please <3

david
Senor Buttercup

Post by david » 06 Mar 2006 18:38

dude it took me like an hour to figure out 80 meant AD. i thought you deleted your blog. god.
david

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 06 Mar 2006 18:46

david wrote:dude it took me like an hour to figure out 80 meant AD. i thought you deleted your blog. god.
I didn't get it until I read you're post...

Anyway's, Great pics Ashley!

Thanks for sharing.

ashleyd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ashleyd » 07 Mar 2006 17:06

:idea: I think it would be sick if there was a big video of just shreditas. Like, the best footy of all the girls. Just an idea.

On a non footbag related note,
Recently I lost a friend. She didn't die or anything, we've just gotten into too many arguments and it seems it finally has come to an end.

When I moved from Bethlehem to FL, I moved from my best friend, David, and I was pretty depressed. It took about a year to get over. I got over it because I met this friend, her names Emily. She was in 2 of my classes, and we had every lunch together. Slowly last year we became super close. She made me realize that I had to move on from Bethlehem. She became as close to me as dave. She had a bad experience in her past and I also helped her with that. Gave advise, was there for her and all that stuff best friends do. So many memories of fun things we did. Too many things that I can recall that just hurt me to think about now. She moved this past summer to TN. At that time I felt like all the good was taken from me. I left david only to come to fl to meet this amazing friend and have her move from me.

I have maintained really well my friendship with dave, but slowly as emily adjusted she began to move on as well. I guess I didn't catch up in time because I was the one left feeling sad. Left replaying old memories in my head, but she wasnt.

I realized that I needed to change, and I did. But its recently gotten to the point where she'd ignore me and not give a damn anymore. Shes moved on and has a new life.

I really appreciate Sam coming into my life at the time he did.

I guess that happens in life. You think you know someone but they can just turn out to forget you as soon as they can. They will be your friend only when its convenient to them.

Bleh. Im over it. I felt like I needed to write it all down and get it out of me.
Ashley Danowski

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 07 Mar 2006 19:53

I can relate to that sort of companion. I call them "fair-weather" friends. One moment everything is amazing and then I'de blink and suddenly I'm last months cold spaghetti. Now-a-days, I give them two double-fish eyes and play footbag instead. (I can't find an emoticon for fish-eyes)
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 08 Mar 2006 08:55

nice pics ashley. that was such a fun weekend. hope to run into you again somewhere sometime
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

ashleyd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ashleyd » 08 Mar 2006 16:52

david gerard clavens: " recieving the gonz is just as fun as giving it."

let it be known.
Ashley Danowski