Vegas session blog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
FootbagginBum
Flower Child

Vegas session blog

Post by FootbagginBum » 06 Jul 2005 21:13

Hey everyone, with all the different Vegas posters on here now-a-days, both those with blogs and without, and with all the little sessions going on around town all the time, I thought this would be an easier way for us all to stay in communication without reading all over and calling everyone.

If there is going to be a session anywhere in Vegas, post the day, time, and location here as soon as possible.

That way, we'll have max turnout at every session and can make sure people are coming without so many cell phone minutes wasted. Also, this is a good place for meeting notes and discussion so we don't have to bounce random trains of thought through our serious blogs. Now, we have a place to play around, and the personal blogs can be mostly for more progressive footbag work.

And I'll start:

Every Saturday, 1:00pm - 4:20pm, UNLV Alumni Aphitheatre (or just inside Beam Hall to the SE of the stage), right off Maryland Pkwy. and Harmon, across from the Coffeebean. All are welcome.

And, soon, we may have the official right to move indoors to the gym on the west side of campus, UNLV student or not. I'm workin on it. After, its HOT outside :P

Peace, and enjoy the thread everyone (local or not),
Bum
"Be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi

TheHostAgeSystem
Shredalicious

Post by TheHostAgeSystem » 06 Jul 2005 22:35

Hey i have a question...why dont the zombies go to Portland july 16-17....So we can get seen by people over the US...I mean if we can find some people who can go and can drive..then we can do the Carpull idea.....where we can have like 5 people ride with one person and more with another..
so we dont have like 8 cars driving 2 people save money and the Ozone
Jon Cunningham
*~*
~*ScS~*
*~*

travismontoya
BSOS Beast

Post by travismontoya » 07 Jul 2005 15:39

Yeah! Even though its kind of a quick notice here, If I can ride with someone else up there then I can go... So lets try to go!! :)

stva
Shredalicious

Post by stva » 07 Jul 2005 22:50

......My car is pretty reliable. :wink:
-Steve Gillette, aka, The Pirate who doesn't do anything.

MegaFighter_X
Post Master General

Post by MegaFighter_X » 08 Jul 2005 12:47

So's my car... when it's not having the transmission rebuilt... :evil:

But I'm free for the rest of the summer except for work. If anyone wants to get together for a session, call me. Bum's got my number.
John D

FootbagginBum
Flower Child

Post by FootbagginBum » 11 Jul 2005 15:40

so are you guys not having any sessions, or is the thread going to waste?

I'll look into the portland idea...it would be nice...we may even be able to pick up Lon Smith on the way...someone get Ben's input on it and see if he would be down to drive too. Between Steve's car and Ben's, we could do it, or perhaps Jeff's, he has a sizable vehicle. I could be a backup driver so the main driver could rest as well....

I'll be in touch :-)
Peace,
Bum

Badnfluenc
Shredaholic

Post by Badnfluenc » 11 Jul 2005 16:24

only problem with that is i work for a living, so i wont be going.
Jeff Overbo

Las Vegas Footbag
myspace.com/jeffoverbo

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 11 Jul 2005 17:38

FootbagginBum wrote: I'll look into the portland idea...it would be nice
dooooo itttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

FootbagginBum
Flower Child

Post by FootbagginBum » 12 Jul 2005 15:52

I REALLY want to make it up there really bad now that I found out Allan and torch are going... lets make it happen. I'll be in touch later.

Peace,
Bum

travismontoya
BSOS Beast

Post by travismontoya » 12 Jul 2005 16:28

I cant go. :S

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 12 Jul 2005 19:20

Ok Loren, I know you are going to have a heart attack, so you might want to sit down before reading this.

Jeff, John, Steve, Travis, and I have decided to have this Saturday's session, and maybe every Saturday session, down on the Northwest side of town. We are going to be having it at Jeff's dad's house. We wish you would come play with us, but if you really don't want to then we understand. I know you don't have a ride, but if I remember correctly I believe Travis said he would be willing to give you a ride there. There are many reasons that we've decided to do this:

1. Half of us live down here.
2. We don't feel a need to waste gas and not to mention harm the atmosphere, by all of us driving our cars 20-30 min., one way, every Saturday when you and Travis could come in 1 car. So we are protecting our earth, which we kind of need, so that we can play footbag. :wink:
3. Plus, we get food cooked for us at Jeff's house, which is always a BIG +!

So we hope you will come.

PS: I know you think I am the one behind all of this, but actually it was not my idea, nor did I lead anyone to the idea or anything. Although, I fully support this idea.
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

travismontoya
BSOS Beast

Post by travismontoya » 12 Jul 2005 19:28

You dont remember correctly, I have no idea what your talking about, When did we talk about this? And I dont drive so theres no way I can give a ride...... And UNLV is fine for me... What happend to us trying to get the club with UNLV support so we can play in the gym and stuff?

I feel like this club is falling apart some how... :( Ill be at UNLV saturdays if its by myself or not!!

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 12 Jul 2005 20:32

ok I guess Travis wasn't paying attention at that time, but the rest of the people were.

Sorry Travis, didn't know. :oops:
Ben Skaggs

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

stva
Shredalicious

Post by stva » 12 Jul 2005 21:16

But there still needs to be a CONVIENIENT way for all of us to get together. I spend so much on gas going to UNLV, it's rediculous.
-Steve Gillette, aka, The Pirate who doesn't do anything.

FootbagginBum
Flower Child

Post by FootbagginBum » 12 Jul 2005 21:52

I'll pay you

read Ben's blog for my commentary on this

MegaFighter_X
Post Master General

Post by MegaFighter_X » 12 Jul 2005 23:53

going to a different location this week would be suicide.too many people wouldn't know. I will be at the uni this weekend, and every proceeding weekend until I find out otherwise.
John D

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 13 Jul 2005 00:08

I would like to apologize for even considering the idea if it was going to make this much ruccus. I apologize to Loren if you are hurt by anything I said, I just had to get somethings off my chest and your posts kind of provocted me to do so. I know the forums weren't the best spot to do it, but I think this was the only chance to actually say what I wanted. I apologize for how this looks to the footbag community, there were some personal issues mixed in with club issues. Every group of people has its problems and this is the first time something like this has happened and hopefully the last.

If us playing another spot is not going to work, then we'll remain at UNLV or I might not be able to come for a few more Saturdays because of the distance. I'll just play alone and that's fine with me. Gives me a chance to school.

Again sorry to everyone who had to bear this.
Ben Skaggs

TheHostAgeSystem
Shredalicious

Post by TheHostAgeSystem » 13 Jul 2005 00:17

Okay...This is what i see happening....Bare in mind this in from my eyes and only my eyes...i think that for us People who live in the northwest do drive and waste alot of gas and are killing the ozone layer....But this is what is making me sick...All i want to do is hang with my "new" friends and play footbag(the thing i came to love sooo much) and by reading everything everyone has been writing honestly makes me sick and makes me feel like the spot i love soo much is becoming soo much of a problem to others happiness that i shouldnt be doing....Bum and Ben you both have showd me some much you both have a great friendship and are messing it up by this....Ben i respect you soo much because you have showed me a new life and a Good attitude about things...and Bum you showed me that Life is about having fun and being happy..and not to get down on the little things..But its like you are getting Disappoint about some of us that want to play at a different place for ONE saturday..ONE Saturday out of how long we have been playing?I think that the whole club should talk this other..because i do remember you bum telling me off for a can in the trash can....which i am sorry for doing....But you know better than all of us that if we all drive over there thats like 4 cars using Gas and killing the ozone...WE ARENT changing the club or breaking it into two...its just tiring for ben,steve,jeff to drive over there...and its a waste of money...I believe jeff has a good idea on the YMCA.....Because thats between both of the club..and then we all will be saving the ozone..and will give us a place to play..and Bum you always talk about going out and play places to get people to come..Well alot of people go to the YMCA....and if we go there then they wont have to go out of there way to find out where we play and what times and all that...Because we will be playing where we got them interested.....So i say this as a closing....WHY CANT WE ALL JUST FORGET ABOUT THIS AND BE THE FRIENDS WE ARE....IM NOT LOOKING TO BREAK UP SOMETHING I LOVE SOO MUCH.......SO I BELIEVE WE ALL DO A BIG GROUP HUG AND DROP THIS SHIT NOW!!!!
Jon Cunningham
*~*
~*ScS~*
*~*

travismontoya
BSOS Beast

Post by travismontoya » 13 Jul 2005 00:45

For sure, but who gives a shit about the ozone layer :D

TheHostAgeSystem
Shredalicious

Post by TheHostAgeSystem » 13 Jul 2005 00:59

alot of us...DUHH!