Ask Jorden *Updated 10.28.05!* (whirl, gyro symp, torque)

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 31 Oct 2005 12:46

oh god... Colin, that's a bullshit post.

I'm not being a hater, and neither is Jeremy. We are being *sensible*.

I'm not telling Jorden to stop helping. I'm trying to encourage him to do it in a way that's more beneficial to the community, and more conducive to the point of this sub-forum, which I've explained in detail. Take another read.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Colin
Flower Child

Post by Colin » 31 Oct 2005 14:19

The winks, they do nothing!

/melts in acid
Colin Kennedy
ckennedy@footbag.org

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 31 Oct 2005 15:44

well I don't know about you guys, I think it works pretty well. But anyways, I did an experiment as if I were someone looking for tips on a move. I used the search engine up top, I set it to look in the trick tips forum, I looked for legover. I found it in a total of about 20-25 secs, the time it took to click search, search in trick tips, and put in my trick and scroll down to jorden's post. I also looked for flail and found it also in the same time.

try for yourself, its really not as bad as you think. Jorden's posts stand out of most others in the thread so it's kinda easy to find.

But this is going by the fact that I know how to search correctly. Maybe a sticky topic on the top that explains how to search and find a trick tip would be more productive than this post ?
James Randall

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 03 Nov 2005 05:47

Matt Cross wrote:
I'm not being a hater, and neither is Jeremy. We are being *sensible*.
Speak for yourself.

:P

I'll just spam this topic until everybody gets bored of it and start using the trick tips forum in a useful and constructive manner.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 03 Nov 2005 07:04

Okay, James, you're right. But what about if someone besides Jorden might have some good advice, or (blasphemy!) better advice than Jorden? This is Jorden's personal thread, it's kinda weird posting here.

There is no point for this thread. Jorden can post in the other threads just like everyone else. PM him or MSN him if you want to have a little private trick tip discussion, I'm sure he'd be down.

i'm still righter. ;)
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Blackend
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Blackend » 03 Nov 2005 07:38

Jorden wrote:Whirl

Whirl. One of the most useful concepts in guiltless shred imo. Think of the dex as a complete circle, starting and ending in the exact same position. From clipper, set between knee and waist height. Keep your shoulders square to the bag. Set straight up (no arc) and push off the ball of the dexing foot. Immediately plant the clipper leg, lift the dexing knee so the lower leg is near parallel with the ground. Resist the temptation to bring the dexing knee in towards your chest. That's BAD. Pretend your knee is a pivoting point. With the dexing knee pointed sideways at about waist level, simply 'heel yourself in the ass' using an up-down circular motion. I find it helps to point the toes as the leg pass over the bag. When the dex clears, swing the leg back under the bag and back to its starting point. When you practise whirl, keep one foot touching the ground at all times. That's gonna mean two quick switches of the feet. Remember, whirl is one quick circular motion. Good luck!
Thank you!!!!! :o
Sam Mayer

"Son, a woman is like a beer. They smell good, they look good, you'd step over your own mother just to get one!" - Homer Simpson

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 03 Nov 2005 11:29

Matt Cross wrote: i'm still righter. ;)

nuh uh, nuh uh, im cooler than ... :wink:
James Randall

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 03 Nov 2005 16:34

Dyalan wins.

Blackend
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Blackend » 04 Nov 2005 10:13

What's that above his lip, a dirty sanchez? :P Rock the Hulk Hogan 'stache.
Sam Mayer

"Son, a woman is like a beer. They smell good, they look good, you'd step over your own mother just to get one!" - Homer Simpson