PS Mirage

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

Blackend
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

PS Mirage

Post by Blackend » 19 Sep 2005 10:09

PS Mirage
CLIP > (NO PLANT WHILE) SAME IN [BOD][PDX][DEX] > OP TOE [DEL]
http://www.hackrifice.com/moves/4psmirage.wmv

Any tips for this damned move?
Sam Mayer

"Son, a woman is like a beer. They smell good, they look good, you'd step over your own mother just to get one!" - Homer Simpson

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 19 Sep 2005 10:18

once you've learned paradox mirage,

set from clip to just above your belly button. Switch feet as the bag is rising; pick up the support leg and plant the set foot. lean a bit in the direction that the attack of the dex is going to go. ie: if you set from your left foot clipper and you're going to dex with your left leg, lean to the left once you've done the foot switch.

then, do a small hop. The fact that you're leaning a bit while you hop should help you clear the dex with a very small hop.

then catch :)

it's all about that leaning over a bit. it makes the dex just kinda happen easily.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Virppa
Shredaholic

Post by Virppa » 19 Sep 2005 10:29

Yeah, I tryed that leaning and it sounds very helpful.
Also if you can hit symp mirage try ss symp mirage. It has almost same footwork I think and may be easier than ps mirage to learn that footwork.
Antti Virolainen

Blackend
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Blackend » 20 Sep 2005 14:22

Virppa wrote:Yeah, I tryed that leaning and it sounds very helpful.
Also if you can hit symp mirage try ss symp mirage. It has almost same footwork I think and may be easier than ps mirage to learn that footwork.
SS Symp Mirage? Sure you're not talking about symposium pixie? You're probably not, but, please explain away what ss symp mirage is.
Sam Mayer

"Son, a woman is like a beer. They smell good, they look good, you'd step over your own mother just to get one!" - Homer Simpson

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 20 Sep 2005 15:18

i hit ps mirage today for the first time! now i want to hit blurry symp mirage (beta blur?), it would be my first 5.
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 20 Sep 2005 20:18

ss symp mirage is symp pixie. Some people like to refer to "pixie" as only as set and the downtime version as same side mirage.

I find beta blur easier than ps mirage because you do the first dex and it takes you into position for the second without much effort. To hit a clean ps mirage you need to move sideways considerably before doing the jump for the dex (so you do two hops). In my opinion symp mirage moves are not clean if you spin on them - you should still be facing in the same direction from when you set the bag as when you land it - although I notice that I don't always do this. Obviously there are different levels of cleanlyness but spinning definitely reduces the amount of dexterity needed. Actually the symp mirage move I spin most on is normal symp mirage - I guess because I usually hit it as a bail and am a bit lazy on it.

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 21 Sep 2005 05:30

yeah, i agree totally with this. the only difficulty is the fact that the dexing leg (for the stepping) puts me a little off-balance, but im sure to land this within a day or so...its mostly mental.
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

Uranos
Flower Child

Post by Uranos » 21 Sep 2005 06:29

I think Virppa said ss symp mirage (aka symp pixie) is important because when you do this trick you switch feet immediately (eg right toe, switching feet so you have right foot on gorund) and it is same technique as PS mirage.

Its easy trick if you set sideways or if you move so that the bag is on the left/right (depending on wcich clip set) of you. So left foot clipper set, you set it or move so that the bag is on the left of your left foot dexing leg so it becomes easy and all you need to do is hop like Matt said.

Also dont try tro turn so much as in when you set for it it is not so good i think to find yourself rotating like almost 90 degrees. Yous position should be straight otherwise its more like a rake.

All this probably have been said above but im too lazy to read everything :D

Good luck! :twisted:
Alex Urano

Virppa
Shredaholic

Post by Virppa » 21 Sep 2005 06:54

Yes Jeremy understood it right.
And like he said moving sideways and not spinning will quarantee the clean execution. But what I think many people don´t do is lift their knees enough so the delay looks like rake or that kind. (might be the same what Jeremy said, if not and you don´t understand just ask Jeremy, he will probably know what I´m mumbling. :D )
Antti Virolainen

Blackend
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Blackend » 21 Sep 2005 10:44

Sweet, thanks for the clarification on ss symp mirage/symposium pixie. I can already do these both sides and bsos, so there's some load off. We're kicking at MFA tonight, so I'll take your guys' advice. Thanks for the help.
Sam Mayer

Blackend
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Blackend » 22 Sep 2005 08:49

Well, I hit it yesterday, so thanks for the help, guys.
Sam Mayer

tstep84
Shredaholic

PS Mirage

Post by tstep84 » 08 Feb 2007 13:58

I tried to search for this one but it didn't come up. I have no problem hit paradox flail, but ps mirage seems really awkward for me. I can hit it, but I don't think I have the right footwork. right now I am setting the bag no higher than waist high, planting clipper foot, then jumping and doing the dex. Should I have like a hop inbetween the plant and symp dex?
Anyone have a different way?

Tom
Tom Stepek

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 08 Feb 2007 14:52

I like this move. The thing that helped me the most was being able to hit Symposium SS Mirage, aka Symposium Pixie. I kind of think of it like a clipper-set Symposium Pixie. Symp Pixie trains you to immediately plant your set foot for the symp dex while simultaneously lifting your other foot. Definitely an unnatural motion, but very helpful for PS Mirage.

There should be no extra hops. Clipper, then in one hop off your original support leg switch feet and turn as needed during the hop for position. Ideally, from the clipper up through the delay at the end you should never have more than 1 foot planted at any given time.

If you watch Jorden's Shred 30 from Worlds 2006 he hits this move super clean and makes it look really effortless. Definitely worth digging up (sorry don't know the link off the top of my head).