Double Switchover, Far (Reaper)

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

Blackend
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Blackend » 23 Nov 2005 01:22

CLIP >> SAME IN [DEX] > SAME IN [DEX] > SAME TOE [DEL]
http://www.hackrifice.com/moves/3reaper.wmv

Any tips on this one? I suppose schooling ATWs til they turn into DATWs would be a good start.
Sam Mayer

"Son, a woman is like a beer. They smell good, they look good, you'd step over your own mother just to get one!" - Homer Simpson

dazza
Flower Child

Post by dazza » 23 Nov 2005 02:30

Yo Sam !

Datw is the foundation for reaper, but make sure, that you also skool
double switch like crazy, since reaper is basically a far double switch .

And thats what i will do today :D
EASYKINKI

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 23 Nov 2005 03:28

I think the key with reaper is to attack the bag early. I really aim to dex the bag beginning as close to my knee as possible. Also keep it fairly tight. You set straight up and as the bag is going up keep the leg high with a nice knee lift and hop sideways to get the first dex. When you get the technique right it can be fairly slow and controlled - speed is not essential for this move.

busted
Shredaholic

Post by busted » 23 Nov 2005 14:48

Jeremy wrote:I think the key with reaper is to attack the bag early. I really aim to dex the bag beginning as close to my knee as possible. Also keep it fairly tight. You set straight up ...
You say here set the bag straight up but I'd like a little more clarification, please. (This is a move that I can't hit but I think I'm probably not too far away since my DOUBLE SWITCH is tight and my PARADOX is improving all the time (I know there's no PARADOX add in REAPER).

My confusion is really how straight is straight?

Setting straight up from a CLIPPER essentially means that you have to "PARADOX". Informally: swivel your hips around by less than 90 degrees but greater than 45 degrees, right? Said differently, my question is whether one sets the bag across or goes after it with a paradox like turn? (I know there is no PARADOX add, but I'm not concerned about that, just what my body should be doing. Neither am I interested in starting the great PARADOX debate, I just want to hit REAPER :D ).

Thanks,
-David
David Sussillo
When the pain starts that's when you really notice the addiction.
David and Robin's Time in Austria
My footblog... a bootflog
Challenge me

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 23 Nov 2005 17:19

Straight up means so that if you don't touch the bag it will land in the exact same spot it was set from - ie. 90 degrees from the ground - perpendicular to the ground.

Regarding your comments about pdx - I think if you watch most players - particularly Vasek - since I got this from watching him - when they do pdx moves rather than twisting their hips - they hop sideways to put the bag into the position they want it for - then do the dexes. If you have the opportunity - watch sick '03 and the start of Ales' section where he is doing consecutive barflies - that's the hop I'm talking about.

A general tip for footbag is that the bag should always go straight up (as described) and unless you're doing a move that has a spin in it's jobs' notations you should face the same direction through out your shred. Obviously none of us are perfect - that's just what your goal should be.

busted
Shredaholic

Post by busted » 24 Nov 2005 00:01

Terrific comments, thank so much!

I've noticed what you said regarding my PDX DLO, although only in hind sight after reading what you've written. In my blog, I talk about attacking the bag, which was my (unclear) way of saying jump away (sideways) and then towards it (back over).

I think you may have made the connection for me. :P

-David
David Sussillo
When the pain starts that's when you really notice the addiction.
David and Robin's Time in Austria
My footblog... a bootflog
Challenge me

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 27 Nov 2005 13:31

Jeremy wrote:I think the key with reaper is to attack the bag early.
this is definitely key. this realization is the only reason I started getting reapers.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley