Double Whirl (Whirr)

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

sampotter
the boy who lived

Post by sampotter » 20 Sep 2006 14:47

james_dean wrote:That's interesting, I always thought you were supposed to hold crank throughout? I think it looks cooler, and I feel like I have more control that way, it sort of 'stiffens' my leg, it feels more precise. I hold crank throughout drifters as well.

Anyone else have an opinion?
I used to crank throughout on a lot of my moves and I was talking with Dat Phan and he suggested I try without. Most moves both look better with your ankle loose and are easier to execute. As far as looks are concerned, if you leave your ankle loose your toe will natural point away from you to make the dex look good. I know what you mean about having your leg stiff, but combos like paradox whirl>spinning whirl>repeat are a lot easier without that stiffness slowing you down. Different strokes for different folks, though.

Also, Nate is right about practicing this move without the bag. Especially with this move it helps you get a nice and ergonomic motion going.

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 20 Sep 2006 17:13

Yeah, that was a really good tip nate. (Seems obvious I guess, but it's very true)

Sam: Maybe it's a progression. Once you've gotten it down with your crank in place and leg stiffened, you have the muscle memory and general strength/confidence to hit it just as confidently with a relaxed foot? I think that may be the case. I definately see how crank takes it's toll when drilling them.

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 22 Sep 2006 15:18

You can see that loosness ^^^^ when Vasek hits Ripstein nowadays. His foot just kind of flops around there.
Matt Kemmer

beenjammin
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by beenjammin » 30 Dec 2006 20:45

Ive only hit whirr a few times, but I can give you one tip:
Never walk under the road when it is raining.
"Every cereal is my favorite cereal"
Ben Rinowski

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 24 Jan 2007 05:54

ok, now that I have a right clipper again I'm going to give this move another try. Was just wondering, is there much point in trying the trick as a double pickup bailed to clipper? and I'm definitely going to try the whirling set whirl style, also how far behind you should you set the clipper for this move?

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 29 Jan 2007 16:19

I find that relaxing the dexing leg while executing the trick helps immensely
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley