Reverse Swirl/Twist

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

janis
Post Master General

Reverse Swirl/Twist

Post by janis » 02 Sep 2006 23:29

Reverse Swirl/Twist
CLIP > SAME SWIRL [DEX] > SAME CLIP [XBD] [DEL]

omg over 300 attempts and just couldn't quite hit it. Kept footing it but my foot was too vertical so the bag kept rolling off. How do you set for this trick? Any tips would be really great :D

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 03 Sep 2006 08:53

Yeah this trick took me about 250-300 attempts to finally nail. Hang in there. I learned this first not realizing it was reverse swirl, I can't regular swirl. But anyways, here are my tips.

:arrow: Practice ATWs out to in starting and ending on an inside. Being able to do 10-20 of those in a row regularly will really help.
:arrow: Set it a little backwards, i.e. behind yourself a little bit. This will keep you from hitting it when you start the dex.
:arrow: Set it low (of course) and really use the space behind your leg as open air for a dex window. If you watch videos of Tom Mosher or Vasek hitting ripstein, they have all this real estate behind them to do these huge dexes.
:arrow: Keep your weight centered. If you're too far away from the bag or too over it... well that just tends to throw me off.

ashleyd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ashleyd » 03 Sep 2006 10:00

Iron Clad Ben wrote:I learned this first not realizing it was reverse swirl, I can't regular swirl. But anyways, here are my tips.
Same here.

Setting it low helps a lot for me. Get the motion w/out the bag too.
Ashley Danowski

"As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so life well spent brings happy death."

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 03 Sep 2006 10:12

Since you have to bring your leg forward to dex the bag, its a good idea to hold your clipper a little farther back from your support leg than usual.
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 03 Sep 2006 15:01

to get a better motion for this, do inside atw's. Then try doing it from clipper.

I don't hold my clip leg farther back to do this trick, I just hold it normally and do a slight forward hop to get my dex around the bag. Hope this helps.
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 03 Sep 2006 15:56

Dont hold your clipper leg farther back.

I learned this trick about 2 weeks ago and i have it dialed now! These are the things that helped me.

Set it about 2 inches backwards... maybe less!

Wait a split second after the set to start moving your leg, and then think of it as a front back dex, instead of an up down.

Cushion very well, dont do the whole scoop stall thing, or you wont be able to play out of it.
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show