Blurry Duck Butterfly/Step Duck Far Down (Ripped Warrior)

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

jay7
Flower Child

Blurry Duck Butterfly/Step Duck Far Down (Ripped Warrior)

Post by jay7 » 14 Jan 2007 01:06

Just read the rules of Erik Chans, gonna work on this a bit..

Ripped Warrior - Stepping ducking far Butterfly.
CLIP>OP IN [DEX]>DUCK [BOD]>OP OUT [DEX]>OP CLIP [XBD][DEL]
I think, stole it from google.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8865&hl=en

I've hit the trick, but the last clipper was far from beautiful, as I couldn't hand catch the bag after. How do you guys cushion the last butterfly enough to have it smooth? I tried for the love of god, but I just couldn't figure out how to cushion it, so I was just trying to rely on luck to get it on film :D You can see in my last two attempts in the video, that I can get it on my foot, just no cushion..grrr...
Jay Boychuk

Psilocybe
Fearless

Post by Psilocybe » 14 Jan 2007 08:43

My advise would be to learn the ducking butterfly from a toe set first, if you haven't.

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 14 Jan 2007 10:43

NO FRIKKIN' TOE SET DUCKING.

Sorry I couldn't watch your video, it said it was unavailable.

Anyway, you should school clipper set Ducking Butterfly a lot before going on to Stepping Ducking. And in your case it sounds like you should school normal Butterfly and Ducking Clipper first.

Never skool ducking from toe set. It's harder to clean and doesn't train your clipper set to duck.

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 14 Jan 2007 12:44

I agree with Anz, school clip set ducking butter!

Also school your stepping where you have a decent set everytime, then all you will have to do is make the step a little faster then normal for the duck.
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 14 Jan 2007 12:45

Yeah, I dearly need to "skool" my ducking butterflies, it's just that the big tricks are so much more exciting. Normal ducking clippers can go back to back a few times in a row though. Butterfly that kills me... Funny, the video still works for me?
Jay Boychuk

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 15 Jan 2007 09:43

jay, I'm also on the "skool clip set ducking butterfly" bandwagon. yeah, big moves are more exciting, but not nearly as exciting if you can't hit them ;) and, if you've already got the set, it will only take a session or two of skooling ducking butter before the move evens out. you'll get it in no time, just work on that smaller component.

I am NOT on the "don't skool toe ducking" bandwagon. I just think that toe ducking wouldn't really help in this instance. you should DEFINITELY learn toe ducking moves if you want to, though. that will help open up pixie ducking, atomic ducking, etc.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Psilocybe
Fearless

Post by Psilocybe » 17 Jan 2007 13:44

Ahh Anz's wrath. I'm only a hack fiend please spare me.

Psilocybe
Fearless

Post by Psilocybe » 17 Jan 2007 13:48

Any luck, jay?

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 28 Jan 2007 05:41

After a session I got the trick 2/3 times in a row. I found out that it's nearly impossible to cushion your foot at that angle/position, so you really just have to compensate by foot position, and a large cushion once your foot is actually on the ground.

Sweet trick!
Jay Boychuk

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 06 Feb 2007 13:32

Anz wrote:
Never skool ducking from toe set. It's harder to clean and doesn't train your clipper set to duck.
disagree

don't drill this to get stepping ducking, but drill this for other purposes: more link options, and is the basis for pixie/fairy/atomic/quantum ducking
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stole this advice from a previous step-duck topic

Andrew Grant advice:
the first thing you'll want to do is really really work on stepping clippers. they make you work for a clean set when you're going for height. work on getting your set out quickly. when catching your clipper, concentrate on bringing your clipper low and close to the ground, while doing the delay. this will give you the height you need when popping it back up. lean towards your clipper, set quick and strong, bring the knees up and open the hips to get the leg out of the way. that's all the advice i can think to give.

-Grant on losing power:
you lose power, because your bringing your upper body down for the duck, while your lower body is jumping up. you'll wind up using alot more energy for a lower, slurrier and less efficient set.

Jeremy O'Wheel advice:
I think the real key to stepping ducking - and since realising this I think every single person who hits stepping ducking does the same thing - is to set the bag sharply off the clipper set. What I mean is the lateral movement should be fast but small. Do not try and extenuate the clipper setting motion in going for height - this is why people have trouble when they try too hard - because trying to hard usually means you're moving the clipper foot more. The less you can move the foot while still setting it high enough the better. By having a sharp clipper set you effectively give yourself far more time to get your stepping leg up and over the bag - you create a much bigger window. If you have strong stepping sets (and you should to be trying stepping ducking) but the bag keeps hitting your first dexing leg (which is probably the biggest problem that people have with this set) then the problem is almost certainly keeping the bag on your setting foot for too long. The other thing a sharp setting foot does is it means you can plant that foot more - which means you can be supporting your self and pushing off the ground as you're completing the first dex - which means your conserving much more momentum and not fighting against gravity so much and can raise your leg higher also making the move easier.

So sharp clipper sets are the key to good stepping ducking and will help your game heaps in many aspects. You should watch some videos of top players and don't pay attention to how long they stall the bag for but how much they raise their clipper foot when they're setting off it for hard moves. I would say that it's one of the really crucial advanced skills to learn.

James Erickson advice:
My advice for stepping ducking is to keep the bag close to your body. Do not pull it through, but set it straight up and dex right afterwards. As long as you have to dex the bag then it won't be slurry. It's slurry when there is almost no dex at all because you start with your clipper leg half under your other one or pull it through. Then you are stuck with a very lame inside set ducking(lame only since it was supposed to be stepping ducking)

Drill it quite a bit, and try to put as little energy into it as possible. Peter irish is somehow able to hit it with the greatest of ease and with almost no energy or sound. Technique over power is the way to drill this move.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 07 Feb 2007 02:20

Skooling Toe set Ducking won't help anymore for pixie/atomic/fairy/quantum Ducking, than skooling clipper set Ducking.

AND a great deal of players have a bad habbit of 'the'ing their toe set ducking, so that is one reason I don't recommend skooling it, that might affect your style on clipper set ducking, making it 'the' as well. Especially if you're just starting with Ducking moves.

If it's about expanding link options, I'm sure there's lots of other moves as well.