dexing technique

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

Wumbo
BSOS Beast

dexing technique

Post by Wumbo » 06 May 2007 02:04

do you concentrate on moving around the bag, or do concentrate on straight set and then just do the movement without caring about the bag? i just wondered...

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 06 May 2007 05:56

Depends on the move. So, for example, on a paradon or something, I would concentrate on the first dex going completely around, and then the butterfly. However, on a double legover, I just set the bag and throw my mirage over it, but the entire time concentrating on the legover that follows shortly after.
Jay Boychuk

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 06 May 2007 06:08

This is an interesting topic, thinking of moves in different ways makes a difference. For single dex components I just think about trying to make the dex as efficient as possible, like for a mirage or illusion I set straight and try to make a small dex. For harder double dex components like flurry I think about wrapping my leg around the bag, but I visualise the dexes as faster than they actually are. For triple dex stuff I have to "trick" my mind into doing the move, if I think of 3 dexes my mind sort of explodes.
So does anyone have any other ways of thinking about dexing? I'd be really interested to know if anyone has any ways of thinking about triple dex stuff.