Nuclear drifter (69)

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Nuclear drifter (69)

Post by C-Fan » 19 Apr 2011 08:54

Can anybody who hits this trick give me some advice? I can nuke both sides, sumo both sides, atomic drifter both sides...but I haven't been able to get this. Is there any trick to it? Any mental tips? This is one of my last remaining dream moves, and I'd love any help hitting it.

Added to Master List under 5 adds, since I don't count xdex :P -- Erik (not a mod)

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 19 Apr 2011 16:55

I've never been super strong at this move, but I have hit it bunches of times. Nick gave me some useful pointers last time we kicked.

The main difficulty is recovering from the set and getting back in the "ready" position as quickly as possible. The bag doesn't have to go that high, so don't worry about throwing everything into the nuke if it means you're going to take longer to recover. Just get it high enough to do a regular drifter (maybe a bit higher) and make sure you're ready to attack it by the time the bag peaks.

I'd say go for a quick, strong, tight uptime dex. Think Johnny Suderman.

Whenever I hit the move correctly, it doesn't feel like I need to move fast for the drifter. But when I feel like I'm scrambling to catch the bag, it's because I have taken too long recovering from a big nuke set.
chris dean

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 20 Apr 2011 08:24

Thanks a lot Chris! I'll keep those tips in mind as I continue working on it.