Blender

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

AIvanyo
BSOS Beast

Blender

Post by AIvanyo » 17 Jun 2004 13:59

Blender
SET >> OP WHIRL [DEX] > BACKSPIN [BOD] > SAME CLIP [XBD][DEL]
http://www.hackrifice.com/moves/4blender.wmv

hey guys, ive been trying this for a while. I know that you need to do your whirl dex then go to osis, but i cant get my body to turn to get it. does it just take practice or is there a secret to it? anything would help.
Andrew Ivanyo

Representing The Ministry of Silly Walks

ted
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ted » 17 Jun 2004 16:12

there have been threads on this...try searching for it with the search tool
Theodore Anderson

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 06 Oct 2004 21:08

I couldent find any threads with Blender in them in this forum, could someone post links if they exist?

TerminaL
Circle Kicker

Post by TerminaL » 07 Oct 2004 05:59

Yeah this search tool sucks!
Brad Petersen - aka Lazy Dolt

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 07 Oct 2004 06:36

the search tool DEFINITELY sucks on this site... I tried to use it yesterday, so frustrating...

so, blender from clipper. do a really small set (knee height) and plant the set foot immediately. as the set foot is headed towards the ground for the plant, you should already be hopping off the whirl dex foot. keep your dex leg relaxed the whole time. Crank your ankle as you attack the dex, and just after the dex peaks, turn away from the bag and osis it. Keeping your leg relaxed will make it easier to complete the dex and get under the bag. remember to stand up straight and keep your arms loose and a little out to the side.

good luck, andrew. I know you can do it.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 07 Oct 2004 11:20

Last edited by FlexThis on 13 Jul 2005 09:19, edited 1 time in total.
Go out and shred already.
~Damon Mathews

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 07 Oct 2004 18:03

matthewl329 wrote:the search tool DEFINITELY sucks on this site... I tried to use it yesterday, so frustrating...

so, blender from clipper. do a really small set (knee height) and plant the set foot immediately. as the set foot is headed towards the ground for the plant, you should already be hopping off the whirl dex foot. keep your dex leg relaxed the whole time. Crank your ankle as you attack the dex, and just after the dex peaks, turn away from the bag and osis it. Keeping your leg relaxed will make it easier to complete the dex and get under the bag. remember to stand up straight and keep your arms loose and a little out to the side.

good luck, andrew. I know you can do it.
Thanks very much man :) That is extreamly helpful!

smpdustin15
Multidex Master

Post by smpdustin15 » 07 Oct 2004 18:24

matt can blender like nobodies business and hes super cool in real life
too but when i read and keep your arms out to the side i busted out laughing
ps matt is the man
Dustin Yanofsky

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 07 Oct 2004 19:44

In real life matt coached me into hitting blender>hand>other blender>hand.

He's a real sweet coach. He helped me through every step of the way. Though there was alot more touching and rubbing himself against me than I was used to in a trick help session. Oh well, it worked!
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 08 Oct 2004 05:02

smpdustin15 wrote:but when i read and keep your arms out to the side i busted out laughing

haha, yeah. hypocrisy is funny ;)
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 27 Apr 2005 08:35

When I see people miss blenders, or not hit them properly, it's usually because the bag lands closer to their heal, not so much the sweet spot. -or- they don't push their leg far enough back after the dex, so it comes close to their heel and they miss the bag. -or- they don't spin into it enough so the crank they have to produce is too high for their body type and again, the bag drops short to their heel. Keep that in mind when you're trying blenders.
More C4 please <3

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 07 May 2005 08:47

Also what can help is instead of thinking of a blender as a whirl bail to osis, think of it as a pickup bail to osis. It helps some people to think of it that way.
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

JeffRichards
Fearless

Post by JeffRichards » 17 May 2006 10:34

Thanks for the tip Matt, landed it in no time :wink: .

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 27 Mar 2007 19:13

Can I get a few more tips on this please?

And thank you. :)
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 28 Mar 2007 04:00

I know with osis' alot of the time you can get away with not seeing the bag hit your foot, but what I notice when I get a blender is that I turn quickly enough to watch it hit the sweet spot of my shoe. Also, that pickup comment from 'the professor' made a world of difference.
Jay Boychuk

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 28 Mar 2007 09:34

i :footbag: blenders.
(haha who has seen those shirts? normally i hate them but in this case)

anyway, yeah thinking of it more as a pickup bail to osis really helped me too.
the temptation with blenders is to keep your eyes on it too long before the stall to make sure you get it, but you're a lot more likely to get it if you quickly make sure its heading towards your sweet spot (this is where practice is the biggest thing i think) with experimentation to find the right set and initial motion around the bag, and then practicing that over and over again you can worry less about watching the bag land on your foot and focus more on turning, which is the key. if you think of blender too much as whirl to osis you start to forget that for osis you MUST have the bag behind you to make cradling it easier. so once you get the initial motion down, trust yourself to catch it and make sure to really turn into it a little earlier and you'll find it coming up more comfortably and more often on the other side. (thanks to the Ceiling Fan for that tip, it helped me tons)
other important things to note: low set, and as with many tricks like this, the faster the foot transfer, the better. if you set the bag too high you will have to struggle to get "over" the bag, and by the time you do, its often falling faster than you can catch up with. try to learn blenders so that you dont have to slam your foot into the ground to get them. although remembering that you can if you need to gives you a little more room to work with if its necessary, while you're getting good at them.

thats all i can think of right now, and thats really the stuff that helped me so sorry if it doesnt work for you.
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE