Nuclear Mirage (Sumo)

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

jon
Foosebag God

Nuclear Mirage (Sumo)

Post by jon » 08 Aug 2004 19:57

Nuclear Mirage (Sumo)
CLIP > SAME OUT [PDX][DEX] > OP IN [DEX] > OP TOE [DEL]
http://www.hackrifice.com/moves/4nukemirage.wmv

Hey wanted to get some tips on sumo because I have been working on my nuke set recently. Matador, and paradox tap seem so easy in comparison to sumo. I can hit matador, p. tap, nucleosis (harder than the other two) but yet I havnt even footed sumo. My biggest problem at the moment is still my set I think, a lot of the time I dont seperate the set and the dex enough and I end up pulling the bag on the clipper set. But when my nukes are good I can't seem to switch legs fast enough to do the mirage dex of sumo. Any tips are appreciated. Thanks.
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 08 Aug 2004 20:51

I actually find sumo much easier than matador - which is probably because i spent a lot of time drilling it and not much time drilling matador (I hit matador a long time before sumo).

With the set - set it from close to the support leg and straight up. Do a little hop towards the bag as you set it - this makes it easy to get the dex without shanking the bag across you.

After that to me it feels the same as an atomsmasher. Plant the first dexing foot and then immediatly raise and dex with the second dexing foot. I use my hips almost completely to do the second dex. So raise the foot - twist so that the bag is to the outside of the dexing foot and the twist back and hop so that it goes behind the leg and onto the waiting toe!

Good luck

Lead both dexes from your knee!
Last edited by Jeremy on 09 Aug 2004 02:58, edited 1 time in total.

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 08 Aug 2004 23:34

Practise the components like atomic sets and atom smasher and it will come alot easier then you think. It sounds like it's the hip movement that is getting you which was my problem first attempting Sumo also, what you need to do is have a slightly higher set to open up your mirage.
bodybuilda

ericksonj
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ericksonj » 09 Aug 2004 15:41

Make sure that you don't angle the nuclear set. It may make the set easier, but it will make sumo harder in the process. Set the bag as straight as you can, and then push your knee high and over the bag as quickly as possible. Lead with the knee and jump with the support leg hard up and over to the side slightly. After the dex plant the leg quickly, and turn your hips in the process so that you can go into the mirage quickly and efficiently.
Always Shreddin
James Erickson
Eugene Footbag Association (Orton, Nasty, Me)
w/ new additions (Casey, Alex, Eddie, and Shawnell)

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 10 Aug 2004 01:13

You jump with the support leg James!? No wonder your sets are so different than mine...
bodybuilda

ericksonj
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ericksonj » 10 Aug 2004 09:39

Yeah, that and you do all your moves crazy marine style :wink:

Hope you are doing ok in IRAQ!
Always Shreddin
James Erickson
Eugene Footbag Association (Orton, Nasty, Me)
w/ new additions (Casey, Alex, Eddie, and Shawnell)

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 11 Aug 2004 01:11

ericksonj wrote:Yeah, that and you do all your moves crazy marine style

Hope you are doing ok in IRAQ!
lol!
bodybuilda