UNCHANGED: 'Help With Some Sets'

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

Krafty
Fearless

UNCHANGED: 'Help With Some Sets'

Post by Krafty » 23 Aug 2004 08:20

Hey guys, I was just wondering if you could help me with some sets that I'm having trouble with! Stepping: Everytime I try to do stepping, it hits the back of my calf, and when I actually do the step right, the bag is not high enough to do any move out of the step and it just falls to the ground. What can I do to make my stepping sets nice and be able to set the bag high enough to do ripwalks or stepping butterflies or something like that? Thanks! Also, for atomic sets, how do you guys get the dexterity leg to move fast enough? My legs are really slow and I have barely any time to do anything else; should I skool illusions before trying atomic sets? Any advice would be great! Thanks! :D
Kaushik Amancherla

kaos
Fearless

Post by kaos » 23 Aug 2004 09:43

These tips by Yacine Merzouk on atomic and stepping might help.

Also check out this thread on footbag.org

Also, the thing that help me most with stepping was to stay on my toes. This helps to get the dexing leg up and over quickly.

With atomics, I always tried to set to high. Start low, let the momemtum of the move set the bag, and as you get better, try for a higher set.
Kobus Brümmer

"On résiste à l'invasion des armées; on ne résiste pas à l'invasion des idées" - Victor Hugo

Krafty
Fearless

Post by Krafty » 23 Aug 2004 11:11

Thanks Kaos, they've been a big help!! Thanks a lot! :D
Kaushik Amancherla

Krafty
Fearless

Post by Krafty » 29 Aug 2004 17:39

Thanks for all the help Kaos!! I just hit stepping butterfly and ripwalk! Those links that you gave were awesome!! Once again, thanks a lot! :)
Kaushik Amancherla