Around The World (ATW)/Around/Orbit

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

ToxicHippo
Hack Fiend

Around The World (ATW)/Around/Orbit

Post by ToxicHippo » 04 Oct 2004 12:20

Around The World (ATW)
TOE > SAME IN/OUT [DEX] > SAME TOE [DEL]
http://www.hackrifice.com/minisooper/2atw.mpg

I need help with getting theese two things down.

I've learned toe stalls (In something that's not Lavers), but I can't get my feet around fast enough! I got an ATW on my foot twice, but i really need help getting the rest around. HELP!
Ben Harper- Graffiti Artist, Footbagger, Skateboarder, Musician.
!!!

Not Quite a Full Fledged Member of http://www.philly-footworks.com

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 04 Oct 2004 14:00

well I would say being controlled is very important, don't try to whip your foot around it. Try and do as tight a circle as possible. If your leg feels like it is stretching to get around the bag then you are setting it to high. Also you can always try just the dexing motion with no footbag to get it down.
Dustin Rhodes

Shredster
Flower Child

Re: ATW and Mirage.

Post by Shredster » 04 Oct 2004 14:42

ToxicHippo wrote:I need help with getting theese two things down.

I've learned toe stalls (In something that's not Lavers), but I can't get my feet around fast enough! I got an ATW on my foot twice, but i really need help getting the rest around. HELP!
Mirage and atw are not about speed. What might seem fast to you now will not seem fast to you later.

Practice a controlled slow motion. Even if your leg gets only half way around the bag before it hits the ground, keep on trying. Experiment with different sets. Too high can be a problem, while too low means a faster leg motion. Find the point where it feels like your leg is moving how you'd like it to.
Chris May
Paradox=((5N^x^p)-54000aph^np)/adds
Its just about that confusing...

lightningbolt
Nothing Vulgar

Post by lightningbolt » 04 Oct 2004 16:54

Okay, I can't hit a mirage yet, so I can't give you any help but for ATW some random advice:

Keep the bag under you. Belive me it's sooo much harder when it's out in front of you. This goese with any trick.

It's not about speed. I used to think it was so I whipped my leg around as fast as I could but my leg was out of control. It would make the dexs really wide and thus making me miss the bag. Moral of the story: Keep dexs tight and under control.

Really stall the bag. Don't like it just plop down on your foot. Put in some effort or things arn't going to go well on more hard of tricks.

Don't start the dex in till the bag leaves your foot.

Work on your flipside.

Thats all I can think of now. Check out footbag.org's tip section. I am pretty sure they have a nice thread about atws going.

Good luck, Keep at it, The footbag is your frined, WORK ON YOUR FLIP
I think I going to take over Canada. You should help.
Get Firefox!

Jas
Shredaholic

Post by Jas » 04 Oct 2004 19:20

mybe try barefoot first. Just keep practicing, while ur watchin tele or doin wotever. I learnt most of my atw barefoot first and then moved onto shoes. Shoes are harder once uve got them down on the foot, but it will become easier. mirages r slightly harder than atw coz u have to plot ur foot to where ever the bag is goin to land... These tricks will get so much easier with practise.
ive been playin for 4 months and can do the main 2 add triks, illusion, pixie fairy, mirage atw clipper etc, all both sides.
And remember BOTH SIDES.
Jason Po

ninja
BSOS Beast

Post by ninja » 05 Oct 2004 01:09

Tip for mirage like a lot of other moves, plant your setting foot quickly to give u more time to dex with the other leg.
Clayton Chin

Wim
Fearless

Post by Wim » 05 Oct 2004 03:00

For me it also helped to point my toe up a bit/stretch my heel when doing the set and the stall. When set close to your body, this will help to get the bag to go straight up and down, which makes the catch a lot easier.
Oh yeah, when dexing, point your knee out JUUUUST a bit, so you can watch the bag along the inside of your knee.

ATW will be too easy in no time!! :wink:

Good luck.
Wim Van Verre
Guiltless for Life

Bllllog-Challlengiz-Ogre gallery

ToxicHippo
Hack Fiend

Post by ToxicHippo » 07 Oct 2004 12:38

I hit ATW. But I'll need alot more practice.
Ben Harper- Graffiti Artist, Footbagger, Skateboarder, Musician.
!!!

Not Quite a Full Fledged Member of http://www.philly-footworks.com

Anthony
Hack Fiend

Post by Anthony » 09 Oct 2004 09:42

I need help on mirage
Anthony Suderman

andrew
Hack Fiend

Post by andrew » 28 Mar 2005 17:30

i know im only new and i can just about do mirages but i found practising my pixies really helped. getting them reall fast meant that i could dex the mirage quick and then just make sure u bring ur foot across. then as the other dude says it wont feel fast later on however i do my atw fast but i can do them slow
andrew milligan

Angrod
Circle Kicker

Post by Angrod » 30 Mar 2005 08:55

i'm on my first steps to and i serch for some videos to download where you can see mirage, cliper and other basic triks in slow motion. On flipsider.com I can' not download, perhaps I'm to stupid with computers :cry: so please give me some links or tell me how to download the qick time videos on flipsider :lol:
* i'm a chilled out entertainer*

Philip Kürzinger

MorgenAsche
Circle Kicker

Post by MorgenAsche » 13 Jul 2005 18:32

Whenever you have time just try doing the trick without the footbag. it may look a little stupid at first but when you do it for a long enough time you can start to do it with a bag and it makes it real easy. this is how i learned how to do symposium mirages.
just remember wherever you are when you hack that you need to school yourself and not your friends. you can show off but dont do it to the point that you make people feel like they suck

freestyler4life
BSOS Beast

Post by freestyler4life » 13 Jul 2005 19:31

Angrod, try these places-

http://hood.012webpages.com/Living%20Ro ... tml#hlink7
and
http://hackrifice.com/move.html

for that basic stuff your looking for

Seba
Circle Kicker

Post by Seba » 14 Jul 2005 00:21

Hi J am Seba J can do pixie for two legs atw on my strong leg but J can't do mirage stall J do mirage footed sometime but mirage stall no Help :cry: :cry: :cry:
Sebastian :]

sorry for my English

Commodore
Shredaholic

Post by Commodore » 16 Jul 2005 04:24

In mirage do I have to set the bag close to me or far from me?

sNale
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by sNale » 18 Jul 2005 00:42

Hi Ville,
for a mirage you don't want to set the bag to far away from you! The dex is easier when the bag is closer to your body! And one curcial thing to remember when doing a mirage: land on the leg the did the dex!. So your original setting foot is lifted again to stall the bag :) With some practise you have it down in no time!
Max Jaeger
munich-footbag.de

Du bist Footbag!

SandWraith
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SandWraith » 28 Jul 2005 18:45

I know you said you already have hit ATWs (around the worlds), but a good tip for that sort of move is to just make the motion over and over again. It doesn't even have to be footbag-related: if you're standing in line or something, just start trying to make small concentric circles with your leg. The same method worked well for me for getting the dexterity on reverse swirls. If you do that for maybe two minutes a day you will find around the worlds ridiculously easy because you will have the muscle control/memory. As far as mirages... practice, I guess? :wink:
Zach Marine - Member of the Tendonitis Club!
blog

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 13 Mar 2006 16:57

t1337dude
Hack Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:52 pm Post subject: Around the World - Is it considered "illegal" to.. Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post [Mark post as unread] View IP address of poster
touch the ground once you dexed it and toe stalled? My friends can do the Around the World easily, but they circle it and then stomp their foot on the ground for the stall. Is this good or bad? It just aggros me because I always put that extra effort into keeping it off the ground.

TOE > SAME IN/OUT [DEX] > SAME TOE [DEL]

Description:

Circle the footbag in between toe delays. Either in to out or out to in. (Both directions are worth the same amount of adds).

Thoughts : Both VERY excellent. Facile Mr. Sandbag is great for everything , and the Dryden is very durable and great for pulling off strings of tricks.

Last edited by t1337dude on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iron Clad Ben
Shredaholic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post [Mark post as unread] View IP address of poster
As long as the bag doesn't touch the ground, the trick counts for adds. However, if you want to get good at freestyle you've got to be able to string moves together. You don't want to have to stop and rebalance yourself after you've landed a trick, you want it to go smoothly to the next one. Does that answer your question?
**insert air guitar solo here**
SandWraith
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post [Mark post as unread] View IP address of poster
It's fine to put your foot down, but it might make it hard to do moves later on that use similar components, like double around the world (DATW).
t1337dude
Hack Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post [Mark post as unread] View IP address of poster
Thank you very much. So, could I do a hop over with my delay foot on the ground....or clipper with my foot on the ground (Not that I'd want to).

Thoughts : Both VERY excellent. Facile Mr. Sandbag is great for everything , and the Dryden is very durable and great for pulling off strings of tricks.
sen
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post [Mark post as unread] View IP address of poster
A hop-over with your Clipper foot on the ground is a walkover.

PS-- READ THE RULES FOR THIS FORUM!!!

Visit Team Dryden's FOOTBLOG here!
t1337dude
Hack Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post [Mark post as unread] View IP address of poster
sen wrote:
A hop-over with your Clipper foot on the ground is a walkover.

PS-- READ THE RULES FOR THIS FORUM!!!

I thought it'd be fine if I didn't create a thread concerning it. Unless you mean me not posting the job + link to trick, which I fealt wasn't needed because it barely regarded the trick.

EDIT : Woah, I just realized something. When you dex something, do you circle the bag vertically or horizontally?

sen
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post [Mark post as unread] View IP address of poster
It can be done either way. Different moves require different types of dexes.

For example a swirl uses a horizontal dex, but the standard atw is a vertical dex.

Maybe this thread should be in Getting started?

t1337dude
Hack Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post [Mark post as unread] View IP address of poster
sen wrote:
It can be done either way. Different moves require different types of dexes.

For example a swirl uses a horizontal dex, but the standard atw is a vertical dex.

Maybe this thread should be in Getting started?

No matter where I put my thread I'll be hassled.

I was just thinking because I haven't seen one video where the player vertically circles the bag.

sen
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post [Mark post as unread] View IP address of poster
I'm not to hassle you, I just really like the idea of what Erik is trying to do with this subforum, it'll make things easier in the future.

And on topic, some people also do illusions with a more horizontal dex. It's really just a style variation, but as you do more double dex tricks they probably be easier with vertical dexes.

I can think of any examples from videos, but you can see swirls in lots of videos.

slapdash21
Futureless

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post [Mark post as unread] View IP address of poster
there isnt much thats illegal in footbag. its all about style

jake
BSOS Beast

Post by jake » 13 Mar 2006 21:33

practice a lot thats what i did and now i can hit it just fine.
Jake Marmon - Gresham Oregon
15-years old
yeah

Rad
Shredalicious

Which way does an ATW go?

Post by Rad » 07 Apr 2006 17:46

I've been practicing the ATW and I've been using my foot to go over the bag and catch it again. Is this correct? The tricks of the trade video says to go around it. Should I go around it with my calf or over it with my foot?