Pixie/Open Paradon

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Pixie/Open Paradon

Post by Jeremy » 30 Nov 2004 19:54

Pixie/Open Paradon
TOE > SAME IN [DEX] >> OP OUT [DEX] > SAME OUT [DEX] > OP CLIP [XBD][DEL]
http://www.hackrifice.com/moves/5pixieparadon.wmv

I've recently changed my technique for this move and it is so much easier so I thought I'd share!

Think of it a little like a sailing set - you do the pixie set and then change feet in the air as quickly as possible. Don't try and dex the bag straight away like a sailing set - you can if you want but I don't think it would look as good - you can dex pretty slowly around the bag and it's just into a peak time paradon.

The difference is I used to hit the move more like a blurriest - I'd pixie - plant both feet and as I planted the pixie foot I'd lift up the paradon foot and do the dexes really fast.

The new way is a lot easier and smoother in my opinion - but also much easier to link because it's a nice controlled paradon with the dexes up nice and high so you can step out of it or whatever.

I think this is pretty much how Ales told me to the move about 10 months ago but it's taken me this long to understand what he meant :oops:

Moves that will help you hitting pixie paradon:

pixie butterfly, paradon, double switch over, atomic sets (tap is the easiest atomic move probably) sailing set (sailing ss mirage is probably the easiest move)

Good luck!

Edit: Pixie triadon is definitly possible :twisted:

B_Man
Flower Child

Post by B_Man » 30 Nov 2004 22:06

I don't get what you mean Jeremy...

Do you mean not to plant the setting foot until you started the dex for Paradon, like a Pixie Dolomite except you plant when you start the second/third dex?

Ooooh... I just read it again and got a whole new meaning :oops:

So you mean do a pixie set, then plant the setting foot as you bring the "Paradoning" foot up? So that it's like you jump off the "paradoning" foot as you are just finishing the set, plant the setting foot (your "paradoning" foot is in the air by now) then complete the second and third dexes?

I can see how my interpretation #2 could be easier to play out of. It'd be weird to get the footwork right though... but then again... that applies to almost every trick... right?
- Byrin Wylie

ShrEdmonton

ptaku
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ptaku » 01 Dec 2004 03:22

Jeremy's tips are right. I do Pixie Paradon this way and it's a nice way for me... And the feeling on this move is good when hitting this way.
Pawel Ptaszynski

"I know I can! Be what I wanna be.
If I work hard at it, I'll be where I wanna be."

NAS

Be strong, LIVESTRONG

http://www.laf.org
http://www.wearyellow.com

comastalker
BSOS Beast

Post by comastalker » 01 Dec 2004 05:41

I'm someone who hit pixie ss paradon first and I personally think, the way jeremy does pixie paradon it is not clean....why ? I tried it and I think, when you look at the (mod.) Jobs Not., you see these are different moves, and they are, as I think the one jeremy describes is like :

toe > same in > op out >> op out > op clip
(look at the peak mark)

and so it feels like a dirty sailing butterfly.

well, i also think paradon should be dexed completely downtime

just my 2 cents
-Richard Vock-

"And today the great Yertle, The Marvelous he,
Is King of the Mud. That is all he can see.
And the turtles, of course...all turtles are free
As turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be."
- Dr. Seuss

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 01 Dec 2004 18:53

It's not like that

It's like this - toe>same in>>op out>same out>op clip.

All you do is lift your dexing foot up before you've planted the pixie foot - like as the pixie foot goes down the paradon foot comes up. You don't start the dexes until the bag has reached it's peak or is coming down.

Watch Ales or Vasek hit paradon - they both start the dexes at peak time. This is doing it exactly the same as that but with a pixie in front.

If you plant both feet before doing the paradon dexes you are way more likely to "the" the move and you will be foreced to move faster so you will find it harder to link out of and it will probably look ugly.

Shredster
Flower Child

Post by Shredster » 01 Dec 2004 20:18

I understand you. Its kind of like a symple pixie set, am i correct? I do smear and a few other pixie set moves like this.

I think thats what you are talking about. There are less "plant/unplant/plant/unplant" in the move. So its like, if i am understanding you:

Right toe delay, right pixie set (while doing this, lift left leg in the air), plant right leg (keeping left leg in the air), paradon with left leg.

Correct?
Chris May
Paradox=((5N^x^p)-54000aph^np)/adds
Its just about that confusing...

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 02 Dec 2004 00:06

Yes!!

Except I'd call it more like a symple paradon - although that's not a good description - because I don't you'd start dexing until the pixie foot is on the ground or very close to it - but your foot is in position to start the dexes - rather than you having to lift it off the ground to start the dexes.

Also if you want to hit pixie dolomite swirl like Vasek does (or pixie triadon like hopefully I will soon) - you'll need to be able to hit pixie paradon this style - I'd say those are the moves it leads onto.

B_Man
Flower Child

Post by B_Man » 03 Dec 2004 22:56

I tried it tonite and it definitely feels easier to play out of. The footwork is something to get used to, but I think I'll start doing my Paradons this way from now on ;)
- Byrin Wylie

ShrEdmonton

Wim
Fearless

Post by Wim » 04 Dec 2004 13:39

Dito!
Wim Van Verre
Guiltless for Life

Bllllog-Challlengiz-Ogre gallery

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 05 Dec 2004 12:42

This is bugging me so much...

Is Pixie Paradon officially Dimmiest? I use that all the time, but most of the people here don't.

It would be sense... while
Stepping Barfly = Blurriest
Stepping Double Down = Blurrier

then
Pixie Paradon = Dimmiest
Pixie Over Down = Dimmier

right?

ericksonj
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ericksonj » 05 Dec 2004 14:48

I know that many people call it dimmiest, but I just don't like the name, so I will continue to use pixie paradon. dimmiest just sounds lame to me.

I do however like dimwalk used for pixie butterfly, even though it was originally for quantum butterfly. Mostly though because I like toe ripwalk being called tripwalk... that sounds cool.
Always Shreddin
James Erickson
Eugene Footbag Association (Orton, Nasty, Me)
w/ new additions (Casey, Alex, Eddie, and Shawnell)

Jorden
Retro Athlete

Post by Jorden » 05 Dec 2004 15:16

5 Triptodon Toe>Op Out(DEX)>Same Out(DEX)>Same Out(DEX)>Op Clip(XBD)(DEL)
Set the bag about chest height, whirling your initial support leg around it from out to in as it's on it's way up. As the bag peaks, continue your path around it for a second out to in dexterity. As the bag begins to descend, perform a third out to in dexterity using your initial support leg. As you complete this dexterity, hop off your setting leg and bring it up to delay the bag on your clipper.
Sorry. Guessing at trick names is a pet peeve of mine. I know that Jeremy
wasn't the first to come up with triadon, but still.
Read the move lists people! They are your friend!
Jorden Moir

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 05 Dec 2004 16:25

What move list does that come from? Shaun Betts? That site is incorrect about anything. There is no way you can hit toe set op side triple down with a chest height set.

I think Ken Somolinios was the first person to hit this move and named it triadon. It gets mentioned in the old email archives...

Regarding dimmiest. I think that's the name Erik Chan came up with - it's not an official move name at all. I'm happy to call it anything if people know what I'm talking about.

Jorden
Retro Athlete

Post by Jorden » 05 Dec 2004 18:03

Hmmm. Being the move list junky that I am, I generally assume that whataver is on the list has been checked over beforehand. So, if I'm wrong, I apologize.

Toe set opposite side triple butterfly it is then. :wink:
Jorden Moir

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 05 Dec 2004 18:38

Jeremy wrote:What move list does that come from? Shaun Betts? That site is incorrect about anything.

I think Ken Somolinios was the first person to hit this move and named it triadon. .
1. Shaun Betts list is really inaccurate.

2. Somolinos! Somolinos! Ay ay ay ay! Somolinos!

3. I can only hit one triple dex move where the same leg does all the dexes in the same direction without a plant: triage. I`ve never even tried triple butterfly! I`ll give it a shot if my knees feel like it next time.

Oh, and good tips on pixie paradon, I concur.

mattkain
Multidex Master

Post by mattkain » 05 Dec 2004 23:02

Jeremy wrote:I think Ken Somolinios was the first person to hit this move and named it triadon.
Kevin Soloman wrote:3. I can only hit one triple dex move where the same leg does all the dexes in the same direction without a plant: triage. I`ve never even tried triple butterfly! I`ll give it a shot if my knees feel like it next time.
Actually, it was way back in '98 that Ernest Crvich asked the freestyle list if anyone knew what a triple dex butterfly was called and as suggested with his email subject "Triadon?" that it be called (big surprise) "triadon." Anyway, Adrian Dick replied claiming he had hit "triadon" (but with a plant). A whole debate erupted about the difference between a tapping paradon, atomic paradon (if it can exist), and a triadon. For ease of discussion (or in this case argument) everyone on the list began calling triple dex butterfly "triadon" although no one ever claimed to have hit it. This was, of course, 6 years ago. I'm sure someone has cleaned this by now (or have they?). The name will probably always exist, even if not given by the inventor.

Matt Kain

Adrian
Hack Fiend

Post by Adrian » 29 Dec 2004 18:26

Heyas - for the record, I can hit triple dex butterfly, and call it 'triadon'. I do not plant during the dexes. My original planting method I named 'Kiwi' - its more technical name is 'tapping paradon'.

Happy New Year!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 03 Feb 2005 22:54

Adrian wrote:Heyas - for the record, I can hit triple dex butterfly, and call it 'triadon'. I do not plant during the dexes. My original planting method I named 'Kiwi' - its more technical name is 'tapping paradon'.

!
I saw Adrian`s triadon, and it was nice and clean. This thread also inspired me to hit triadon. I figured if Jeremy`s subconscious thought I was good enough to hit it 5 years ago, I could probably hit it today.

itsanother
Shredaholic

Post by itsanother » 21 Mar 2005 20:39

vid?
TIM SHAN

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 23 Feb 2006 05:40

itsanother
Shredaholic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:31 pm Post subject: pixie paradon Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
whats a pixie maradon
can anyone describe it to me?

TIM SHAN
KronoKicker
Fearless

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
pixie set op double down, pixie set double butterfly

toe > same in >> op out > same out > op clip
Shredaholic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
????

TIM SHAN
itsanother
Shredaholic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
sorry its pixie paradon

TIM SHAN
shreddaily
Egyptian Footgod

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
look 24 topics down
itsanother
Shredaholic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
oh great!!!
sorry if this was a couble topic post..u can delete (i dunno how) the reason why is becaseu i just ordered a footfighter and when i PMed ellis i asked him if he could do a trick with it before and he said sure and he did a pixie paradon..so i kinda feel this bag and this trick is special Laughing

TIM SHAN
BalinorNZ
Flower Child

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
itsanother wrote:
oh great!!!
sorry if this was a couble topic post..u can delete (i dunno how) the reason why is becaseu i just ordered a footfighter and when i PMed ellis i asked him if he could do a trick with it before and he said sure and he did a pixie paradon..so i kinda feel this bag and this trick is special Laughing

Lol wow thats cool Smile I would love to know my bag has been used by a great player to hit some sweet move.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ICQ Number
ptaku
Egyptian Footgod

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
BalinorNZ wrote:
Lol wow thats cool Smile I would love to know my bag has been used by a great player to hit some sweet move.

So... Practice, become even greater player, and hit some sweet move with your bag! The best solution...

"I know I can! Be what I wanna be.
If I work hard at it, I'll be where I wanna be."
NAS

Be strong, LIVESTRONG

http://www.laf.org
http://www.wearyellow.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ICQ Number
mosher
brutal footbag cronie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
ptaku wrote:
BalinorNZ wrote:

So... Practice, become even greater player, and hit some sweet move with your bag! The best solution...

hahahah
Priceless!

I heard that Abshire used to do a DATW with every bag he made.
Tsiangkun
Flower Child

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I don't know if he still does that or not, but he definately used to bless every bag with DATW.