Reverse Swirling/Twisting Osis (Twirl)

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 16 Dec 2004 12:22

CLIP >> SAME REVERSE SWIRL [DEX] > BACKSPIN [BOD] > OP CLIP [XBD][DEL]

3rd try creating a new topic... :?

Twirl - rev swirling op osis - clip> same front swirl> op osis

set super low with a very small motion, only 4-6 inches up or so, rise up on the toes of your support leg and start the dex as the bag is rising, turn your back, and as the dex is just going over the bag and headed back to the ground, jump off the support leg / fall down into the osis.

If this tip helps anyone hit this trick, please post here so I can revel in the warm fuzzy feeling I get knowing I helped someone hit a new move. If this tip isn't specific enough, or you have other questions, let me know so I can clarify. This move is all about smoothness and finesse, and doesn't take a lot of energy, so give it lots of tries, take deep breaths, and keep your balance. good luck.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 23 Feb 2006 05:34

Matt Cross
Footbag Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:11 am Post subject: Twirl Tips Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
set super low, only 4-6 inches or so, rise up on the toes of your support leg as the bag is rising, turn your back as you start the dex, and as the dex is just going over the bag and headed back to the ground, hop off the support leg / fall back down a little into the osis.

this move is all about finesse and doesn't really require a lot of energy. remember to stay relaxed and keep the dex small and close. If this trick tip helps anyone get this move, please post here so I can revel in the warm, fuzzy feeling that comes from knowing I helped someone figure out a new trick. If this tip doesn't help, let me know so I can clarify.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good / oh, lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

www.mattcrossmusic.com - Click here to check out my sounds
jon
Foosebag God

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
can u post some swivel help? twirl is doable but the sym swirl makes swivel much harder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mosher
brutal footbag cronie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I think the most important part is the first thing you mentioned - the small set.

Everytime I mess up a twirl it is from setting it too high and then I start the loop of "fuck, I set it too high">remember matt cross saying "set it lower tom">hit it perfectly.
ptaku
Egyptian Footgod

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I hit Twirl today. A few times... Maybe not exactly with this topic tips, but this thread has inspired me. Thank.
I just try i few times w/o bag... Figured how to do it correctly, then I did a few rev. swirls and then hit it in several tries.
I do it like Matt wrote ut without turning my back while dexing. I spin to osis after the dex is done... Immediately after the dex is done I just hop of my support leg, I do fast turn in the air, and when i'm landing i catch the bag.
On next training I will try to hit it in a run, and midrun.

Greets.

"I know I can! Be what I wanna be.
If I work hard at it, I'll be where I wanna be."
NAS

Be strong, LIVESTRONG

http://www.laf.org
http://www.wearyellow.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ICQ Number
ericksonj
Fearless

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I hit twirl both sides today!!!!! Wahoo! It was finally nice in Eugene (sortof) and I went out and schooled em with your tips. Man I hit it in like 5 tries on my strong reverse swirl side, and in like 15 tries on my weak side. But man oh man once I got it, I hit the move about 25 times in total today, and sealed it in a run on strong side. Yes!

MATT CROSS IS MY HERO!!!!

Listen to Matt, they are good tips! Although, I personally needed to set in about 6-8 inches, but I suspect it is because my timing is not perfect just yet.
http://footbag.destroythesun.com
ptaku
Egyptian Footgod

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I noticed another thing... Set the bag close to your body, then you will catch it close to your body... The move will feel smoother, and will be easier to play out of it.

PS. I have hit Twirl > ripwalk with setting it close to my body.

"I know I can! Be what I wanna be.
If I work hard at it, I'll be where I wanna be."
NAS

Be strong, LIVESTRONG

http://www.laf.org
http://www.wearyellow.com
ICQ Number
Mr.Brocka
Hack Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
i hit double twirl 8 months ago... Cool Very Happy
Sporatical_Distractions
Egyptian Footgod

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
these tips helped me to hit twirl for the first time cleanly today
- Master Po from Kung Fu_ Episode #23 "The Tong"

www.missoulafootbagalliance.com
www.soleone.org
www.knowmore.org
Kevin Crowley
Jdigges
Egyptian Footgod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
i actually just started trying twirls a couple sessions ago. i think reading this will help them alot, since my swirls have gotten alot stronger. ill try it when i session tomorrow and let you know how it turns out