Triple ATW (TATW)

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Triple ATW (TATW)

Post by Anz » 18 Dec 2004 14:54

Triple ATW (TATW)
TOE >> SAME IN/OUT [DEX] > SAME IN/OUT [DEX] > SAME IN/OUT [DEX] > SAME TOE [DEL]

Any tips for any direction?

Do you guys think it as a "Terraging muted ss Pickup" or something like that? Or do you just whip your foot like crazy? Set how high?

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 18 Dec 2004 15:24

I haven't ever hit the move but this is how I'd suggest it should be done.

I'd go out to in because I think that's easier. Obviously you want to have a really good double around the world and probably a good fairy set too.

I'd try and start with a low fairy set a tiny bit below waist height. Lift your knee as high as you can and keep going around the bag after the fairy set into a double around the world.

Just like around the world and double around the world - I don't think speed is the key to the move - but rather control - so you need to be able to keep the dexes tight and smooth. Obviously a little more speed is needed but I don't think it is as much as people think.

So those are my tips - but considering I can't hit the move - maybe those are what you shouldn't do ;) :P

ednie
Shredalicious

Post by ednie » 20 Dec 2004 04:09

hi after watching lynton and ales do this trick a few times and on slow mo
there are a few things i noticed, i too haven;t hit the trick but if the advice is bad then you just wont be able to hit it i guess... sorry about that

1. the dexes are continuous, the dexes aren;t broken up with pauses
2. the first dex is uptime, second peak time and third downtime
3. the uptime dex is probably the hardest because thats the one you don;t have to do for double atw
4. for that dex you need to rise up onto the ball of your support leg foot to be able to clear the dex
5. the final dex is caught lower to the ground the datw because its a bit of a scramble usually
6. set straight
7. start the first dex as soon as you can
8. tight dexes
9. keep your ankle in the same position because you don;t want to waste all your time pointing and unpointing your toes
10. do it barefoot to begin with probably

dan ednie

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 27 Sep 2006 20:17

just bumping with some very helpful tips from Ales, hope he doesn't mind
Ales Zelinka wrote:For triple atw the most important thing is to save up as much time for dexes as possible. In this case(if you really do what I write) I so believe you will be able to hit this more successfully.
In case you do it same as me(meaning out/in dexes). You need to perform the first of dexes pretty high(and tight of course). But first dex feels little different from those coming up after that. It is kind of fairy type of dex. You have to do it high as I said and also you should feel that you are "throwing it" (set) almost like if you wanted to make a pincher. But the bag flies around. It is basically the most important thing in this. That first dex. If you get this well, you will probably hit all rest. So learn to dex first dex high(not too high, just what is comfortable for you). And also not only high what about height, but high around your shin. The dex itself should feel like that its almost touching your knee from underneath. Then, every other coming dex is gonna be circled around in lower and lower point(comparing to your lower leg leght). You should know that key to this is speed, but not too much speed!! Keep this in mind!
Also what helps is that you imagine dexes like beats. All those "beats" must be perfectly regular! That helps you to do all dexes the same without any break. At the beggining, the brain is sometimes slow to get 3 fast same dexes in a row and this REALLY can help. For example when I first time started hitting it I really just did first 2 dexes...then a little break then the last one...This way its MUCH harder and it needs extreme speed. Im sure you can do 3atw "slow".
What is about supporting(standing)leg: At the beggining, you should set like you fully extend that leg. This way you can reach higher dex and that helps with saving up the time;)
In case you do it opposite direction, its the same...

Ales
Ok, I still haven't hit tatw, so does anyone else have some more tips that helped them with tatw?

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 28 Sep 2006 09:41

wow, solid tips from the master himself, thanks for that post, Janis...
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Uranos
Flower Child

Post by Uranos » 30 Sep 2006 05:18

I have hit it both ways (but not in shoes yet), and i personally find both ways the same difficulty, but the best thing i think for TATW in-out is:

1- Very very very small dexes
2- You want to be able to do a very small set datw with very smll dexes...
3- practice hand set datw's

When i saw vasek do tatw's at worlds his first dex was done so quickly (like a picie set) but instead of planting he kept going with the pixie so that all the dexes are continuous.
Alex Urano

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 18 Oct 2006 02:43

I've noticed a hop when people are doing tatw, should this be during the first dex or the second one?

Also are there any good ways to practice for tatw other than repeated attempts? I only ask because this approach has been a miserable failure for tatw in-out

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 18 Oct 2006 16:41

im just starting to school this trick, in to out. I started two days ago. I hope to hit it in shoes within 30 playing days from now.

I am dexercising with a pole that is about 6 inches higher than my preferred height for hitting DATW, my thinking being I need to get comfortable dexing higher in the air, which would give me more time to pull off a 3rd dex as the bag is falling. I'll let you know if it works, and if I follow through with the proper schooling.
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 26 Oct 2006 04:07

Do you just need to be able to dex fast to hit this trick? cause I have slow dexes and this move is really pissing me off.

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 27 Oct 2006 12:10

You can work on your dex speed you know. :)
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 25 Dec 2006 05:51

I really want to hit this trick before the end of Aussie nationals (8th January)

ok, so my dex speed is quick enough for tatw, so what else can be done to practice for this trick apart from trying to hit it? Currently I'm trying to strengthen up my quads and calf muscles for a more powerful set, what else is good to do?

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 28 Dec 2006 03:38

my quads hurt now :(
and I haven't hit tatw yet

footbagi
BSOS Beast

Post by footbagi » 31 Dec 2006 13:31

Senor Grommet wrote:im just starting to school this trick, in to out. I started two days ago. I hope to hit it in shoes within 30 playing days from now.

I am dexercising with a pole that is about 6 inches higher than my preferred height for hitting DATW, my thinking being I need to get comfortable dexing higher in the air, which would give me more time to pull off a 3rd dex as the bag is falling. I'll let you know if it works, and if I follow through with the proper schooling.
--I'm curious about how your mission turned out? I just hit doubleATW for the first time, felt sick-ill-icious.

ATW's are a personal favorite of mine.
It's crucial to footbag because its easy to understand from non-baggerz, therfor, visually appealing for a first timer or onlookers. Thus, ATW is a marketing tool for footbag. ?? I sound like a tool! But does anyone agree with this?
First think about how to practice or don't bother practicing.

John Bagi

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 31 Dec 2006 17:31

footbagi wrote:Thus, ATW is a marketing tool for footbag. ?? I sound like a tool! But does anyone agree with this?
Yes, it's great to use the atw tricks when doing a demonstration or busking.

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 28 May 2007 00:47

still haven't hit tatw :(
are there any good strengthening exercises for these types of moves?

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 29 May 2007 11:42

Can you hit 5 datws in a row first try?
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 29 May 2007 23:17

yeah probably

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 17 Jul 2007 20:13

woot I hit it :D
small controlled dexes are crucial, I used to do dexes that were too large.