Reverse Drifter (Grifter)

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 16 Jan 2005 13:47

CLIP >> OP OUT [DEX] > SAME CLIP [XBD][DEL]

I can give a couple tips, but I also need a couple tips. Anything grifter related ( paradox, toe set, clipper set )

I find that a normal downtime clipper set grifter is best when you set it about hip height. It seems pretty important keeping the set close to you and when you dex, it's always pretty tight around the ankle. Right after you dex, hop on your support foot backwards a little to give yourself room to land the clipper.

Practicing solid bubbas, making them faster than usual, and more effortless helps get the grifter motion down better.

As for paradox grifters, I feel that a lot of the same motions apply, and when you want to prepare, do a lot of paradox illusions, but a bit faster so you have time to drop to a clipper, creating the paradox grifter. I haven't quite gotten these moves down, so my tips are just basic tips without a whole lot to back it up, if I find anything that really helps, I'll post later.

If you're going to get into this move, get ready to more than likely kick yourself a lot, because your support leg likes to get in the way of your dexing leg *Smack !*
More C4 please <3

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 29 Jan 2005 18:33

what do people think about leggy grifters versus more hippy-style grifters. I find leggy style to be way easier to link into and out of. It looks similar to a leggy atomic set but from clipper of course. Is this considered just as clean as the hippy way?
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 29 Jan 2005 19:01

I've never seen a grifter from clipper (or from anything) done with a hippy dex, they always look mid-calf to me. is there video of hippy grifter anywhere?
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 29 Jan 2005 19:05

bad quality but those are my grifters. they are hippy

[unused sick 3 video]

http://www.footbag.org/media/515/Henrysick3-03.mpg
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 29 Jan 2005 19:06

I dont know what you're talking about.. in my sick 3 are mine leggy or hippy??
Nicholas Laroche

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 29 Jan 2005 19:14

yo buddy. that's not a grifter. that's an atomic no plant clipper. calling that a grifter is like calling stepping far osis a torque. that's a good move, but not a grifter.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 29 Jan 2005 22:26

Okay, to curb the confusion:
What I meant by leggy vs hippy was making an arbitrary distinction based on the degree of horizontality of the dexing leg. A "leggy" grifter would have the dexing leg sweeping OVER the footbag from front to back (just like in a leggy atomic set) whereas a moe hippy style grifter would require more opening of the hips initially followed by the lower leg dexing the bag laterally from out to in (looking like Lon Smith's illusions, which are very unique). Does that explain the difference?

over the bag front to back vs around the bag out to in?
BTW Laroche, I would call both of your grifters leggy i guess. But the first of the two definitely has more dex-leg horizontality that the second. The second is, in other words, more "hippy" than the first. Slowmo the footage to see what Im talking about. Again, this is only my opinion.
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

sampotter
the boy who lived

Post by sampotter » 29 Jan 2005 23:07

I see what you're saying, but I think when most people refer to leggy grifters, they refer to both Nick's grifters and Lon's grifters. Whereas, hippy "grifters" are muted atomic clippers (though those are clearly not grifters by any other association than jobs).

At least, that's the way I look at it.

I would say this is a worthwhile discussion... Any other thoughts?

Jdigges
Flower Child

Post by Jdigges » 30 Jan 2005 18:20

yea thats an atomic muted clipper. my little bro hits those alot, but he cant hit grifters