Heel Stall

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

delakong
BSOS Beast

Heel Stall

Post by delakong » 30 Mar 2005 08:30

Heel Stall
SET >> HEEL [UNS][DEL]
http://www.hackrifice.com/minisooper/2heeldel.mpg

Does anybody really use heel stalls? I've been practicing my heel stalls but then I started thinking about it and I can't recall seeing anybody really use it. I still like doing them because I think it's the hardest delay and it really impresses my non-footbag friends that still enjoy a good circle.

about my left

As some of you might know I've been kicking for a long time but just got into freestyle about two months ago. I can't seem to use my left for my life. I can kick forever on the insides and outsides, but my toe kicks just don't realize that I need them to help me to improve my game. I can't dex with my left and I've been trying for about a month now. I can stall on all the basic surfaces but I don't seem to have the flexabiltiy in my left ankle for sole stalls or even flappers. I can't do clippers on my left but strangely I can do butterflies. I really don't understand how I can do a butterfly on my left but can't do a simple clipper.

So in closing.......I hate my left leg.....stupid left leg......I hope you turn into a right leg one day. :(

Any advice on improving the flex in my left ankle, since that seems to be the main problem, would be greatly appreciated.
Joshua Annis

"Don't Panic..."
"I woke wanting nothing more than a box of Gushers....
DENIED
I shake my first at the sky."-Matt Cross
"Yeah, seriously! When I got back into my cubicle Jazz started throwing dimes at me. What an asshole."-David Wilder

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 30 Mar 2005 10:12

Heel stalls are extreeeeemely rare in circles.

The reason your left leg sucks compared to your right is because you probably spent years using your right way more.

Its just a matter of having not used it, use it and it will learn.
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Ogden 09/04
BSOS Beast

Post by Ogden 09/04 » 31 Mar 2005 20:22

BSOS!, heel stall are definitely the hardest, because of the lack of surface, id keep it up if i were you, and then get pro and do crazy heel shit!
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Derrick Ogden

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 23 Feb 2006 17:31

Heel stalls are great, probably the hardest delay other than shin stall. My biggest piece of advice is to keep your toes straight and catch the bag behind you. Practice by putting the bag on your heel and move your foot up and down to get used to the motion.

Bagira
Shredaholic

Post by Bagira » 23 Feb 2006 17:37

Heel Stall is not Sole Stall, right?
Mikhail Bukhonko

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 23 Feb 2006 17:44

no heel stall is not a sole stall. it's with your toes pointing down and the sole of the shoe perpendicular to it. And heel stalls are totally awesome. I just do butterflys and ATW's out of them, but my friend really likes them. He does a pixie heel and throws it back to himself (hard to explain) and calls it "What the heel" (see how it's a play on words???). He also wants to do a xbody heel stall. Can anyone do those good?

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 24 Feb 2006 09:50

we were shredding with sunny and daryl one day...kyle hewitt accidentally did a heel stall, and then sunny just started doing it just because she though it was cool =)

xXLoss_of_ControlXx
Egyptian Footgod

Post by xXLoss_of_ControlXx » 17 Apr 2006 17:57

do you get an add if you set from heel?
Freddy Noinaj of the CIC?

"Sweet" Simon

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 17 Apr 2006 18:37

No, only for stalling. That's a general rule -- a setting surface doesn't recieve an add. Just as a clipper set doesn't have a crossbody add, a heel set wouldn't have an unusual surface add.

The move before it would recieve the unusual body add for the heel stall, though; moves don't share add components.

sniper4life
Multidex Master

Post by sniper4life » 20 Apr 2006 18:10

For flexibility in left ankle I would just sit in my chair at school and do the put the outside of my left shoe on the floor then step on it with my right foot and pull my leg up to get as perpendicular with the ground as a could.

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 20 Apr 2006 20:08

sniper4life wrote:For flexibility in left ankle I would just sit in my chair at school and do the put the outside of my left shoe on the floor then step on it with my right foot and pull my leg up to get as perpendicular with the ground as a could.
ok I can see how that would help for insides/clippers but how does that help heel delays?

Heel delays are hard with lavers due the the small heel surface, unless you have a heel delay box :twisted: I seriously suggest making a heel box if you intend to do lots of heel delays.

Markusss1988
Hack Fiend

Post by Markusss1988 » 21 Apr 2006 07:04

clima's have a great heel box, i tried it yesterday in marcos clima's!

i did same side mirage out of a heeldelay!
i love the heel delay because it looks sooo sweet :)
don't give it up!
Markus Rittner

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 21 Apr 2006 07:11

Markusss1988 wrote:don't give it up!
Maybe make some mod to the heel of your shoe. I think if you peel away the logo it might be less slippery? Slipperiness was the biggest factor when I learned heel stalls (I guess this also depends on your bag, though -- mr sandmans will be a lot harder to stall on a Laver's heel than a facile bag). I think the difficulty is part of what makes heels so fun to hit and watch