Miraging Symp Mirage (Merlin)

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

FootbagJunky
Hack Fiend

Post by FootbagJunky » 05 Apr 2005 15:27

SET > OP IN [DEX] > (NO PLANT WHILE) OP IN [BOD][DEX] > OP TOE [DEL]

when I'm trying toe Blur I can get the first Mirage in but when I try the 2nd mirage it always hits my knee or thigh. Am I doing my 2nd Mirage too fast or what?
Hope is the pain we feel that makes us try again
Nate Allison
Makers of The Godbox and SPeaker boxes.
ASH company. If interested PM me on here or on AOL @ HxCderelict or on Yahoo@ kingnothing42069.

ted
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ted » 05 Apr 2005 15:56

Can you hit smear, blur, fear, atom smasher? The timing is very similar.

If you don't have a solid, waist-high quantum set you are probably rushing the whole move.
Theodore Anderson

FootbagJunky
Hack Fiend

Post by FootbagJunky » 05 Apr 2005 16:05

I probably sound like an idiot but I can't hit Fear, Smear, Blur or Atom Smasher because I can't do Stepping or fairy sets as for the Atom Smasher never really tried it.
Nate Allison
ASH company. If interested PM me on here or on AOL @ HxCderelict or on Yahoo@ kingnothing42069.

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 05 Apr 2005 17:11

Are you trying toe blur all downtime? If so, its a very different move then toe blur with one uptime dex and one downtime.

footjoe
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by footjoe » 05 Apr 2005 17:19

yah im goign with nathan you said i can get the first mirage it doesnt feel like a mirage at all when its done as the set it feels more like a pixie done from op toe , but i dont know ill wait until you reply.
15 year old Joe Kulacz

FootbagJunky
Hack Fiend

Post by FootbagJunky » 05 Apr 2005 17:41

I guess it's all downtime although I think it's uptime I was trying it by myself soo I have no other opion on this.
Nate Allison

Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 06 Apr 2005 06:46

Yeah, he's trying it all downtime. Downtime Backside Toe Blur. I don't have any tips though.
Josh Gayhart ... keeping footbag tuff since 2002.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 06 Apr 2005 07:27

merlin - miraging symp mirage (the subject of this thread should be changed to this name from toe blur, as toe blur implies a different move)

let's say, hypothetically, that there is a footbag on your right toe.

set it straight up off your right foot to about your waist or belly button. as the bag is rising, plant your right foot as you raise your left knee. point your left knee in, and put all your weight on your right foot as you bend your right knee slightly so you can spring back from the bend for the second dex. at this point the bag should be peaking at your midsection, and your legs should be in position for the bag to fall past your left knee for the first mirage as you spring back off your right leg for the leggy symp mirage. Both dexes feel like they happen at about the same time. Continue to put your weight on your right side, as your right leg is going to be catching you. I don't have much to say about catching the bag. Try to keep your dexes tight and controlled so that the catch is as easy as possible, and remember not to set too high.

I hope these tips help you and anyone else trying to learn this move. If I was unclear, or if these tips helped you hit this trick, or if the tips weren't sufficient, please post here and say so.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Paul Agostinelli
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Paul Agostinelli » 25 Aug 2005 23:29

ive footed this a bunch of times, and im not sure ive ever seen this move done before, and if i did, i probably thought it was a flail or a miraging flail

is it correct to think of this as a downtime miraging quantum toe?

hippy mirage > op leggy mirage?

~NEL~
Precisely Mos Eisley

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 26 Aug 2005 12:52

paul, yeah. leggy mirage looks like a downtime quantum set.

I'll show you a bunch of these next time we play. How's tomorrow for you? call me.

m
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Paul Agostinelli
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Paul Agostinelli » 26 Aug 2005 13:16

I actually cant, ill be in sterling new york at the quixotic fest. if you'd like to meet me, id definately be down for a session. the Giant Killer Robots (the guys im going with) arent playing till 1am. call me.

~NEL~
Precisely Mos Eisley

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 26 Aug 2005 14:12

This move is cake or the depending on how you hit it.

I can't do quantum jack, but I can hit the rest of what has been said and can tell you first hand its not like smear, fear, toe blur, or atom smasher. It's more like a flail or a symp mirage really. IMO anyways.

The first dex in this move isn't even hard. Concentrate all your effort on the second symp dex and get your stalling foot quickly back down after the second dex.

I find that the set should be about waist high. Lift your first dexing leg off the ground and jump for the second dex. The first dex is a formality and necessary in order to get that leg out of the way of the second dex. Leave it hanging in the air until the second dex has cleared and then whip it back under.

I have been trying a variation on this move, trying to snag a third dex with the stall foot at the end of the move. Like a merlin that ends in legover instead of toe stall. I am too large (20 pounds to go) and not quite fast enough to clean the last dex. But I bet Pinkus or Jordan or someone a bit more coordinated could do it.

Oh, and please feel free to contact Maraxus for details about how I shred and what I hit. My video representations are very rusty and I have lost another 5 pounds so my shred length and difficulty are starting to creep back into my game.

~peace
Damon

Reid
Norwegian Water Beast

Post by Reid » 26 Aug 2005 20:27

try doing the last dex symposium leggy. If you have champions league or fo shizza their is a run of peter Irish's where he starts with stepping voodoo, and if you notice the last dex is done leggy symposium.
"...You have to get, really, practice, like eight hours every day. Then you get good level and then you can compete....There is no money, so players are like big family and that is what I -like" -Vasek-

Reid Strellner

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 26 Aug 2005 20:47

miraging bread!

Psilocybe
Fearless

Post by Psilocybe » 10 May 2007 21:34

I still don't understand this move. But I really want to.

Ok. Lets say you set with your right toe (as in matts example).

You first mirage with you left leg while hopping left? Then, do you symp mirage with your right leg, landing the bag on your left toe?

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 12 May 2007 07:21

It is crucial if you want to get good at footbag that you learn Job's notation.

I would say that understanding what a move is, is probably the most important thing in learning how to hit it. Once you've learnt Job's, you will understand footbag moves a lot better. Usually there are no easy ways of getting better, but I think in this case there is. It probably only takes about 20 minutes to read through the tutorials for Job's notation at footbag.org and understand them.

King Monkey
Post Master General

Post by King Monkey » 12 May 2007 09:34

And to answer Psilocybe's question: Yes.

Put your name in your sig too, eh?
Ian Pritchard - http://www.ausfootbag.org

'People, just play Footbag and stop being dickheads!' - Michał Biarda

Psilocybe
Fearless

Post by Psilocybe » 12 May 2007 11:32

Okay, thanks. I have some homework to do.