Mirage

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 22 Apr 2006 18:01

well, there's a hopping motion that you have to get down. once you're leg has dexed the bag, you wanna hop off your setting foot and use that momentum to get your dexing leg back to the ground in time
Matt Kemmer

Vpicone
Shredaholic

Post by Vpicone » 27 May 2006 09:36

I can make the dex but when i try to catch the bag again it just roles right off my toe. could this just be my bag? is their any tips to be able to cusion more?
Vince Picone

Roy
Multidex Master

Post by Roy » 27 May 2006 15:16

waist high or lower set
hippie dex
bend planting knee
It should be pretty smooth and look effortless. Dont overdue the dexing.
Roy Bradish
Royal Footbags >> 32 panels!

Vpicone
Shredaholic

Post by Vpicone » 31 May 2006 04:49

haha FINNALY

with all of ur guys' tips, some solid practice time, and a new peng cuddle bag :P. I got the mirage. It aint solid yet, but its a start.

Now that i got it, Will the efort that it takes eventually regress? I've heard it is supposed to be efortless but it is still taking me some efort to get it each time, will it get easier and easier?
Vince Picone

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 31 May 2006 07:10

Vpicone wrote:Now that i got it, Will the efort that it takes eventually regress? I've heard it is supposed to be efortless but it is still taking me some efort to get it each time, will it get easier and easier?
Yes. As you practice it more and it gets ingrained into your muscle memory, you will find way to simply the motion. I first starting hitting this trick about 4 or 5 months ago. I still try to hit at least 10 in a row on each side. You will find tiny things that you can do to make the motion smoother and easier as you go on.

For now, drill consecutive mirages on each side. After each drop, analyze why the drop happened. Did you set it too high or too low for a smooth catch? Did you dex too early or too late? Did you dex leg knock the bag away because your dex window was too small or the bag wasn't set right? Did you miss the catch because the set was off? Each of these are easily identified if you take the time to think about it. Then you can adjust for- and be conscious of what you need to work on.

EDIT: When you do find things that you could be doing better, don't beat yourself up over them if you can't correct them right away. Be conscious of them, work on them, and eventually you'll correct them.
Last edited by Iron Clad Ben on 31 May 2006 07:28, edited 1 time in total.

Vpicone
Shredaholic

Post by Vpicone » 31 May 2006 07:14

awesome, ill work on that. I should have mentiond that my flip side mirage is not even close to being right. How long would u say it takes for a move to be integrated into the opposite side? I guess it would depend on determination. I think I learned my lesson...learn a trick consecutively on both sides not right side then left side.
Vince Picone

Vpicone
Shredaholic

Post by Vpicone » 31 May 2006 07:14

sry double post :oops:
Vince Picone

Vpicone
Shredaholic

Post by Vpicone » 04 Jun 2006 10:25

yay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL1pwsqzNkg

as you can see im startin to get more comfertable.
Still workin on flipside
Vince Picone

thlaxx
Hack Fiend

right or not?

Post by thlaxx » 18 Jun 2006 16:44

when i do the mirage....i start on my right [del] and [dex] with my left. is it right when i do it to almost be moving left liek i jsut dex with my knee slightly over and end up more left than where i was? I kinda liek step over to my left to do the dex one im above it. is this right? or a bad habbit?

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 18 Jun 2006 20:29

i think its ok, your support leg doesnt need to be in the exact same spot, it might be considered a little sloppy, but as long as you dont like need to jump across the whole room just to do the delay.....then its fine :wink:
Ben Rea

thlaxx
Hack Fiend

Post by thlaxx » 19 Jun 2006 12:59

hahah thanks ben!

vettehunter123
Multidex Master

Post by vettehunter123 » 27 Jun 2006 19:17

Congrats on the mirage Vince. :P

The best advice I can give which has helped me with every trick I have attempted would be to keep the bag low (waist high) and as close to your body as possible. For me, the mirage was all about control. If you can control your movements, you can hit the trick.

Hope this helps anyone trying mirages.
Travis Iden

thlaxx
Hack Fiend

help

Post by thlaxx » 01 Jul 2006 17:08

ok wow i have been trying other tricks so much i didnt do a mirage at all and now im really sloppy at it. Here's my example of where im confused: If i toe del. with my right, pop it up, dex with my left, SHOULD MY LEFT FOOT BE HITTING THE GROUND FIRST AFTER THE DEX? and then my right foot not touching the ground again and just delaying?
Dave M.
---------
Hand Sitched 32 Pannel- 35 $
Rod Lavers- 70 $
Shorts- 29.99$

Landing Your First Trick = Pricless $

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 01 Jul 2006 21:34

No. Your set foot, (right foot according to what you said) should come down immediately after setting. Then dex with the left, and lift the right back up a little to delay the bag.

What you described would be symposium mirage.
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

thlaxx
Hack Fiend

hahah thank you

Post by thlaxx » 02 Jul 2006 07:53

hahahaha woah!!!! your so right, i just looked up symp. mirage on hackrifice and thats what i was trying to do and i kept nearly getting it, but not acomplishing it and it made me frusterated.

but quick question on symp mirage- is the dex done on the uptime in it?

-dave
Dave M.
---------
Rod Lavers- 70 $
Shorts- 29.99$

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 02 Jul 2006 15:43

I've always done symp mirage with peak or downtime, same with reg mirages.
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

thlaxx
Hack Fiend

Post by thlaxx » 04 Jul 2006 20:36

after you dex, and you hop off your op leg, that little hop we're all talking about, does that mini hopping leg, the del leg, ever touch the ground in the end?
Dave M.
---------
Rod Lavers- 70 $
Shorts- 29.99$

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 08 Jul 2006 14:00

If you watch Anz' vids, you can slow them down as much as you want in WMP and you'll be able to see the exact motion for any move you desire! It's kinda easier than posting a question about the footwork for a move and waiting a few days for a response. Plus a vid is much better than a text description anyway.

I would answer your question more directly, but I can't even figure out what you're asking based on your post. Anz worked real hard on those vids, go check em out ;)
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 08 Jul 2006 22:40

for symp mirage? no

footymatt
Shredaholic

Post by footymatt » 14 Sep 2006 14:40

Is there a trick thats starts as a mirage then instead of landing on the toe you land a refraction? If so whats it's name? I'm this [] close to hiting it. But so far it seems very hard to hit the inside with out almost twisting my ankle on the floor. I had one that did the refraction but it flew off like my osis (away from my).

And for clarification: the seting foot does the refraction not the mirage dexing leg.
<--==╡"F♂OtYmÄtT"╞==-->
To bend and move is natural; to play footbag is naturaler!! Ha Ha
-Matt Hennemuth
Footy Footbags Club