Hurting legs

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
kickingzone
Circle Kicker

Hurting legs

Post by kickingzone » 21 Mar 2006 13:13

2 days ago I did a 2 hour session only trying to improve my legovers and mirages. Monday I had a bit of pain in the back of my legs, now it pretty much hurts from knee up. I cant even do a simple dex or ATW. Does anyone know why this could be and what I could do to improve it.
Ive got ninja skills

hackeysnacker

Post by hackeysnacker » 21 Mar 2006 13:36

first off, u have to stretch lightly once you've warmed up, and then you really should do static stretches targeting all the major muscles of your legs and lower back. I found this really great book called "the trigger point therapy work book" (maybe u can google it) and it shows/explains a lot of quick trigger point cures to muscular pains and aches.. but make a habit of stretching out after u play

hoodshouse.com has pictures of all the fundamental stretches, so that should make things easy

ptaku
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ptaku » 22 Mar 2006 10:52

I think you strained some tendons. You can use some anti-inflammatory ointment or take some pills. It should help fast.
Pawel Ptaszynski

"I know I can! Be what I wanna be.
If I work hard at it, I'll be where I wanna be."

NAS

Be strong, LIVESTRONG

http://www.laf.org
http://www.wearyellow.com

Caleb
Fearless

Post by Caleb » 27 Mar 2006 12:16

It sounds to me like you've just got some muscle soreness. If you're not used to 2 hour sessions and especially if you haven't been footbagging for long (like more than 2-3 months) your legs are going to be doing some things that they don't like doing. And hopping up and down for 2 hours straight is going to produce some sore quads, hamstrings, and maybe even calves. If it's not at a joint then don't worry about it. You're just making yourself stronger :P
Steel City Freestyle

Caleb Abraham