aching

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
binge and grab
Circle Kicker

aching

Post by binge and grab » 21 Mar 2006 17:39

iver been freestyling for about 5 months now, and sometime when i shred for awhile my legs start to ache and i gte like shoooting pains and what not, is this normal?
patrick deere

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 22 Mar 2006 04:49

Do you stretch before and after each shred session! Mucho importante! I've found if you stretch before AND after you won't experience pain later.

professor
Post Master General

Re: aching

Post by professor » 28 Mar 2006 09:51

binge and grab wrote:iver been freestyling for about 5 months now, and sometime when i shred for awhile my legs start to ache and i gte like shoooting pains and what not, is this normal?
I used to ache bad and get shooting pains as well. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I still ache after a hard day, but only in my calves. No more shooting pains.

Your body still has to get used to footbag. Give it some time. :wink:
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 31 Mar 2006 08:26

It's all about proper form, especially when you're starting out. Shooting pains isn't normal. Aching yes, soreness yes, tightness yes, shooting pains no. Make sure you're not hunching over a lot, that puts a lot of strain in your back and that is the last thing you want to have problems with referring pains that originate from your back which is translated into shooting nerve pains through your leg.

It's really hard to judge what type of form and forces are going on when you play, so if you have someone that is a normal freestyler or maybe a camcorder, compare yourself to more professional freestylers. You'll always notice how easy each trick is for them...they've minimalized the efforts and motions into simplistic movements. Keeping the bag close to their body, not bending over at the hips and back very much, and really cushioning each contact to dampen the load the rest of your body takes...

Hopefully that'll help and it wasn't too lengthy, but I see it too often when people learn to freestyle, way to much effort and bending that creates pains that aren't normal.
More C4 please <3