Another Stretching/Warm-up Related Question

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
Jman9089
Shredaholic

Another Stretching/Warm-up Related Question

Post by Jman9089 » 17 Apr 2006 11:48

Ok so my school has 7 periods in the day, and I have 5th and 6th off. Since I am a senior I'm allowed to leave and go home or do whatever for those free periods. I have a lot of time in between, but I don't think there is enough time to fit in a good shred session (including warmup and stretching before and after). I was thinking I could do my warm-up and stretching before I have to go back for 7th period and then just come home and play after, but would sitting down for 7th period (50 minutes) after the whole warmup/stretch process be enough time for my body to get back to being like I had not warmed-up/stretched? Or if I did that, then sat in class for 50 minutes, and then went home and just went right into playing like I never took that break be alright?

Thanks
Jake McCleary 0.o

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 19 Apr 2006 07:13

You say you have 5th & 6th off, but you don't have enough time ? Either those are pretty short classes or you're looking for long sessions. If those 2 added up a little over an hour, I'd try shredding and stretching. If you try stretching and warming up, sitting down for 50 minutes will definitely be enough time for all your muscles to tighten back up near it's original state. You'd most likely have to re-warm up and then kick. This wouldn't be the case if you were up and walking around for 50 minutes, but you'll be in the same seated position letting your muscles conform, so your hamstrings and hip flexors will most likely be tightest since you're allowing them to cool down and rest in a shortened position.

I'd try something like this if you had enough time inbetween classes. Have your change of clothes or just have them underneath. Warm up with kicking and some light stretches 10 minutes - Shred for 45 minutes - cool down kicking 5 minutes - post stretching for 5 minutes. That'll be about an 1 hour and 10 minutes of time taken up.
More C4 please <3

Jman9089
Shredaholic

Post by Jman9089 » 23 Apr 2006 19:57

Thanks for the answer :D . I guess there's enough time... but I like to get lunch!
Jake McCleary 0.o

Guest_2
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Guest_2 » 24 Apr 2006 04:56

Man, fuck eating!

I shred for an hour every day during lunch at school!

I eat for 10 minutes and then shred

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 27 Apr 2006 08:09

TheVindicator wrote:Man, fuck eating! ...
I eat for 10 minutes and then shred
??? That's 10 minutes you could be playing!
Joshua Lackey
"Class is what I do during my Footbag breaks"
Challenge me! Toronto/FAT Footblog