SeaVegg

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
Guest_2
Egyptian Footgod

SeaVegg

Post by Guest_2 » 10 May 2006 05:35

What do you think of

Sea Vegg?

If fish oil has the fatty acids the body needs-wouldn't they get it from the plants they consume?

Would this be a better alternative than Flax Seed?

edit: the link ;-):

www.tryseavegg.com

Z on the rocks
Shredalicious

Post by Z on the rocks » 22 Oct 2006 11:05

My dad is a doctor and sometimes perscribes a product much like this to his patients. I don't remember the exact name but I think it was called omega 6 Fatty Acids. Its made from fish liver oil and chock full of useful stuff more the brain. I believe helps regulate your blood pressure and helps your immune system. They are also essential for the body even though your body doesn't naturally make the acids. Though I don't think it will help your shred.
Zack Harrison
SRITSOACP
Barefoot...it's the only way.
Pyroman294 wrote:I just have one request. Kick my ass.
Blizzy wrote:My budde dave thinks all you footbaggers are granaoloa eating long-hairs...
FOOTBLOG

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 22 Oct 2006 18:49

Z on the rocks wrote:I don't remember the exact name but I think it was called omega 6 Fatty Acids.
i think its omega 3, not 6, but whatever. and yeah i dont think it well help much in footbagging, but if its good for your body, by all means do it. or dont do it, either way.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 23 Oct 2006 22:02

I eat seaweed just about everyday and I think I am in the best shape of my life. Plus it is delicious. :D

If anyone one wants some I bet I could even send it from here...

T
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 25 Oct 2006 19:13

Fresh seaweed is the bomb. Seaweed broth made from fresh seaweed is awesome.

Dried seaweed is filled with MSG. :(
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

Genzu
Freedom Footbags

Re: SeaVegg

Post by Genzu » 01 Jan 2007 13:29

TheVindicator wrote: Would this be a better alternative than Flax Seed?
I'd be slightly leery about spending this kind of $$$ on seaweed. I'm sure the stuff is probably pretty good for you, but you would want to take it in addition to flax seed oil (or hemp seed oil) not as a replacement for it.

It mentions that it has omega 3 or omega 6 essential fatty acids (good fats/oils) but so far as I can see there is no list of the amount of these oils nor vitamins or minerals. They just seem to say, this is really good for you - take our word for it.

I'm resolving to eat healthier this year, and a big part of that will be making sure I get my omega 3's and 6's. The Standard American Diet (SAD) is sorely lacking in these good (*essential*, since the body cannot make them by itself) fats. I think that diet and shred are definitely closely related. The year I decided to become vagan (I'm only vegetarian now) was the first year that I won doubles freestyle at Worlds with Rippin.

I have heard that spirulina is one of the best sources of protein that you can get. This product basically sounds like glorified spirulina. Spriulina really is good stuff, but it's tough to choke down :P. From what I understand it was one of the first life forms on earth (back in the day it was the most complicated as well). I guess it sort of makes sense that something that is so basic and fundamental to life would be good for you.

Let me know if anyone actually tries getting this stuff.

Peace.
Daryl "Genzu Blades" Genz

Owner, Freedom Footbags
Please support the IFPA:
http://www.freedomfootbags.com/