Hip dislocation+avascular necrosis

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
beenjammin
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Hip dislocation+avascular necrosis

Post by beenjammin » 20 Nov 2006 12:22

HIp dislocation is a serious injury in which the femoral head (ball of the hip socket) is dislocated from the socket portion of the joint. Hip dislocation is often accompanied by avascular necrosis which is a serios condition in which the femoral head actually dies and "collapses" or "erodes" away due to lack of blood supply. Four hours is the maximum time that a hip can go before being relocated. The longer it is dislocated, the higher the risk will be for developing avascular necrosis. My hip was dislocated for almost exactly four hours so I am hoping for the best.
Last edited by beenjammin on 19 Feb 2007 19:50, edited 2 times in total.
"Every cereal is my favorite cereal"
Ben Rinowski

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 20 Nov 2006 13:31

Holy god man. 0.0

That's intense.

Hope you get better soon so we can set up a shred!

Just getting ready to go on a 5 day-weekend (I an, meaning we could have shredded during that time) too. :(
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

Spontaneous Spaz
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Spontaneous Spaz » 20 Nov 2006 15:13

damn son!!! that must've hurt like a bitch
i'd hate to have that happen to me

best of luck w/ recovering man!

beenjammin
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by beenjammin » 01 Dec 2006 14:51

Oh ya the avascular Necrosis thing.
It has been close to two weeks since the accident and i was diagnosed about three days ago with avascular necrosis. Avascular Necrosis has the word osis in it, and is a condition in which my femoral head is is not recieving enough blood due to the fact that i ripped tore and strained every blood vessel, ligament, and tendon in my right hip joint. Because of this my femoral head is slowly dying, thats right dying! The doctor said that every hip dislocation will be accompanied by some degree of avascular necrosis. If the condition worsens the ball of my hip joint will collapse and i will have to get a hip replacement.
I got the surgery to repair my collar bone yesterday. I had a plate and 6 screws inserted. Threw up all night and half of today.
Ben Rinowski

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 01 Dec 2006 20:52

blurryben wrote:I got the surgery to repair my collar bone yesterday. I had a plate and 6 screws inserted. Threw up all night and half of today.
does that mean youll go off at metal detectors?

that totally sucks dude. i hope you get better fast.
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 02 Dec 2006 06:28

Goodluck with your recovery. As long as you have strong a will to heal, you'll recover faster. Looks like you might want to pick up stitching or something to keep your hands busy.
More C4 please <3

beenjammin
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by beenjammin » 02 Dec 2006 07:39

Stitching to keep my hands busy? how about a girlfriend. Im too impatient to stitch although i would love to, I just dont have it in me. Yes I do set off Metal detectors, but in about 6 weeks I have to get another surgery to have the plate removed.
Ive concluded that I will recover soon and I will shred just as hard or harder than ever. :lol:
Of course I wont be 100% for months. I just started dialing some triple dexes both sides too so that really sucks. I hope symposiums wont hurt.
I have been doing some kicking. I cant tell you too much but both sides are involved. Im planning on making a comeback video soon. It may even have a stall or two!
Ben Rinowski

beenjammin
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by beenjammin » 03 Dec 2006 16:48

The hip is coming along alright, except it seems as though my right leg is now longer than it used to be. The plate doesnt seem to be hurting as bad as it has been and i have actually been pain pill free all day today until about 30 minutes ago when I accidentally took the wrong pain pills. Not that it matters, one kind is just less potent than the other. Im still walking with a cane, and supposed to be wearing a sling, but im on modified all the time so I leave it off so I can type. Going to the doctor tomorrow hopefully something will be done about my back (probably the most painful of all my injuries, but still no definite cause). Well I guess thats all for now.
Ben Rinowski

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 04 Dec 2006 15:20

Well... it sounds like you're in good spirits about recovery, and that's really important. Good luck healing. When I'm sick or injured it's hard for me to get good nutrition. I hope you're able to be mindful of that and give your body all the help you can.

Don't do anything stupid. <--That's really important too.
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 04 Dec 2006 17:16

blurryben wrote: Avascular Necrosis has the word osis in it,...
I laughed when I read this little part.

take it easy ben, don't go collapsing on us
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

beenjammin
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by beenjammin » 08 Dec 2006 13:41

There has been ice on the ground here for over a week and i am the only person I know that hasnt fallen on it! NOt much hip pain, so I guess I'm not gonna need a hip replacement, but I wont know for sure for a couple of months. I can do all of the basic kicks, but I dont because most of them hurt. I should get my stitches out soon, so I'm looking forward to that. Thats all for now.
Ben Rinowski

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 08 Dec 2006 14:39

If you do get hip replacement, get one that is really flexible. So you can put your foot on top of your head.

And hit super nemesis.
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 08 Dec 2006 22:34

beenjammin
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by beenjammin » 10 Dec 2006 20:11

Thanks Jeremy :lol:
Lets see,
Today I attended, and participated in the gathering of the oklahoma footbag players. I played some pretty solid basic footbag including all of the basic kicks, some basic stalls, and even some infinities and gyro mirages, both sides of course. It will be a while before Im back to where I used to be, but I definitely believe I will get strong again and continue my footbag persuits right where I left off, only stronger and wiser.
Ben Rinowski

beenjammin
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by beenjammin » 14 Dec 2006 19:41

Ive been doing tons of trampoline/footbag rehab exercises u can read about in my blog if u r interested. Love peace and chicken grease.
Ben Rinowski

beenjammin
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by beenjammin » 21 Dec 2006 11:25

Tons of progress and back to playing footbag. Not the footbag like before, but actually having normal sessions. Last night was a really good session. All I do now are spins, osis, and ducks not dives because they hurt my incision. My run length has also improved considerably because I focus more on form than cool tricks, though I can hit infinities and ripwalk on one side. Ive also been hitting alot of flipside ps whirls :o
My hip does hurt a little today after my four hour sess last night. I still cant do toe sets on the side of my injured hip, or it will make a pop or click and that just doesnt feel good. SO as long as i stay on clippers I will be ok. Im even swirling bsos again.
Ben Rinowski

beenjammin
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by beenjammin » 24 Dec 2006 22:16

If your thinking about doing it, Dont.
Ben Rinowski