a really weird pain

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
dan the man
Shredaholic

a really weird pain

Post by dan the man » 10 Jan 2007 13:58

i tried searching for this topic, and the closest thing that i could find is shin splint, which i know i dont have.

whenever i'm doing a clipper, or even curling my toes for that matter, i sometimes (after flexing) feel i shocking pain feeling in the front of my calfs beside my shins (the muscle). it's best described as a surge of pain, for like .5 seconds, then another, and another. it doesnt really hurt that much, but it throws my balance off, any help anyone?
Dan is the Man

challenge me!

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 10 Jan 2007 15:01

Sounds like shin splints to me! I get them too, during and after sessions. It's a complex symptom, part shin muscle pain, part joint pain. They are common for beginners and older shredders. Here is a topic with some pointers, such as toe tapping, which works well and getting athletic insoles for your shoes, which I swear by

http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=13198

If you have any more questions, post in that topic, to keep continuity.

beenjammin
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by beenjammin » 13 Jan 2007 10:00

Try doing lots of stepping sets to help you out.
"Every cereal is my favorite cereal"
Ben Rinowski

Reid
Norwegian Water Beast

Post by Reid » 13 Jan 2007 18:48

what!!! your joking I hope. stepping can be very impactful, and worsen the pain.
"...You have to get, really, practice, like eight hours every day. Then you get good level and then you can compete....There is no money, so players are like big family and that is what I -like" -Vasek-

Reid Strellner

dan the man
Shredaholic

Post by dan the man » 18 Jan 2007 11:23

well i can't even do stepping sets yet so i'm safe there.

i went to the doctors and told him about my pain, and he said that it wasnt shin splints, because where i was feeling the pain was not where or even close to where you're supposed to feel pain. so i'm guessing i have impact damage, or somethin like that i forget what it's called.
Dan is the Man

challenge me!

Reid
Norwegian Water Beast

Post by Reid » 19 Jan 2007 08:13

Do you have good insoles in your shoes?
"...You have to get, really, practice, like eight hours every day. Then you get good level and then you can compete....There is no money, so players are like big family and that is what I -like" -Vasek-

Reid Strellner