Sports Massage

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
Guest_1
BSOS Beast

Sports Massage

Post by Guest_1 » 18 May 2007 19:41

Does anyone here get therapeutic massage on a regular basis?

Does it help with your game?

Does it help after long sessions?

Would you get it during the World Championships?

I work at a therapeutic massage clinic called Massage Envy, and am wondering if I should hook players up with a good deal on cheap massage.

Sports

Sports massage is geared toward athletes of every kind, from world-class professionals to weekend joggers. The particulars of the massage are specific to the athlete’s sport of choice and are often focused on a particular troublesome area like a knee or shoulder.

Aspects of massage are gaining popularity as useful components in a balanced training regimen. Sports massage can be used as a means to enhance pre-event preparation and reduce recovery time for maximum performance during training or after an event. Athletes have discovered that specially designed massage promotes flexibility, removes fatigue, improves endurance, helps prevent injuries, and prepares them to compete at their absolute best.

Guest_1
BSOS Beast

Post by Guest_1 » 18 May 2007 19:41

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 19 May 2007 09:11

[Moved to Health & Injuries.]
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 21 May 2007 21:19

I'm not quite tough enough to tolerate sports massage. I did give it a good try though, enduring a whole summer's regimen of sports massage once every 3 weeks for 4 months. It's just so painful and I feel it for a couple days and I get a fever often the night after. It's just not for me, although admittedly, it does loosen things up and I feel better after the side effects wear off. The gains just weren't significant enough to justify the pricetag and the pain of the treatment and the pain afterwards.

I will seek out swiss style massages for worlds though.
Pengpeng Du

Caleb
Fearless

Post by Caleb » 22 May 2007 05:17

I remember they had free a massages on the sidelines at World'02. I think they were a big hit. I was like 16 at the time so there was really no reason for me to get a massage so I don't know much about the deal that happened there. But I remember Ryan Mulroney literally getting massaged, hopping to his feet, and doing a dropless routine. Haha. Talk about a testimonial right there.
Steel City Freestyle

Caleb Abraham

Guest_1
BSOS Beast

Post by Guest_1 » 22 May 2007 19:59

Pengu wrote: I will seek out swiss style massages for worlds though.
Sports massage is like playing fearless. If you can do that, you can certainly play tiltless (swedish). Therefore, you'll have great options. I'm already setting it up as we speak

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 23 May 2007 08:09

are we going to have an on-site massage therapist?

it would be good to know, because I was thinking of inviting my friend to worlds who is a massage therapist and novice freestyler. he offers incredibly cheap rates to friends and footbaggers.

I'd just like to keep him updated on that so I don't invite him only to find a saturated market at the event.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 23 May 2007 18:50

I think I would rather support an independent masseuse than a multi-chain conglomerate Matt.
Pengpeng Du

Guest_1
BSOS Beast

Post by Guest_1 » 24 May 2007 05:32

I will have a massage therapist on site with me for a few hours on a few of the days. It will depend on how many appts. are scheduled ahead of time, but it is possible she'd be there every day.

Peng, profits would not be going to the franchise.