Chronic Migraines

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
sanuke okumatzu
Fearless

Chronic Migraines

Post by sanuke okumatzu » 06 Jul 2007 14:38

I get massively horrible migraines very easily usually for no apparent reason ( something I inherited from my mum ). I just got done 'shredding', I was playing for no longer than 30 minutes and I started getting a horrible migraine. It really pisses me off that I can't play for very long without getting sick. I'm very susceptible to light because of the light colour of my eyes, so I play inside or in the shade outside with sunglasses on. Even with AC and a fan though I still get sick. Does this happen to anyone else? If so how do you combat it? It really sucks balls that I can't get much better at this sport because I'm afraid that every time I play that I'll get horribly sick and be out of commission for 2 days. :'(
As the universe is curved, there cannot be a straight answer...

-Robert Baker-

dp
Egyptian Footgod

Post by dp » 06 Jul 2007 14:44

Drink an extra 3-4 very large glasses of water every single day. That got rid of them for me.
Danny P.

sanuke okumatzu
Fearless

Post by sanuke okumatzu » 06 Jul 2007 14:54

I drink shitloads of water. I don't think that's the case. I've tried drinking more water, and I've tried drinking less. Neither one seemed to effect the outcome of the migraines. I've changed my diet too, no difference. Sadly though I don't think that's the cause of it.

-Robert Baker-

justy1590
Hack Fiend

Post by justy1590 » 06 Jul 2007 15:32

have you talked about it with a doctor?
justin williamson

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 06 Jul 2007 18:20

I get bad headaches a lot too. I usually take Excedrin when they hurt bad and don't go away on their own.
Chrissy Fryer

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 06 Jul 2007 20:49

[Moved to Health and Injuries]
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

sanuke okumatzu
Fearless

Post by sanuke okumatzu » 07 Jul 2007 08:33

justy1590 wrote:have you talked about it with a doctor?
Yes, the doctors have said that it's because of my eyes and ears. Nothing much I can do about that.. :?

-Robert Baker-

Psilocybe
Fearless

Post by Psilocybe » 13 Jul 2007 06:08

My girl wakes up with a headache nearly every day. She also gets bad migraines that have landed her in the ER a couple times. Personally, I had migraines as a child but they went away as I grew older.

1.) If you wear glasses or contacts, make sure its the right prescription.
2.) Watch what you eat. Hot dogs gave me migraines.

Other than that, I dunno. It might be your horomones.

dp
Egyptian Footgod

Post by dp » 13 Jul 2007 08:23

I'm gonna say it again. And this is what my doctor told me. If you're still getting migraines then you're not drinking enough water. He said that generally takes care of it unless the migraines are super frequent and super bad.
Danny P.

jrstubs
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by jrstubs » 17 Jul 2007 16:57

you need to drink half your body weight in oz of water every day minimally

cammel
Fearless

Post by cammel » 18 Jul 2007 17:51

sometimes when i footbag or do any other physical activity i get migraines as well. for me it is preceded by a loss of peripheral vision and parts of my normal vision. i actually went to the doctor because of my loss of vision, not the headaches that followed. apparently my loss of vision is called an aura. there are two types of migraines, ones that are preceded by auras and ones that aren't.

if you get auras (the type without auras are more common) which can include loss of vision, vertigo, confusion, numbness, etc. then you can sometimes counteract the migraine (so i hear) by going into a dark room and just sitting or lying down. even if you dont have auras i bet you would find it very useful to go into a dark room and just chill when you begin to get the migraine, and it will probably be less intense, and go away faster. especially if your doctor says that the problem is with your eyes and ears, try and not get any sensory input in your eyes or ears.

good luck, i hope it doesnt affect your game/life too much.

brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 18 Jul 2007 17:58

smoke some chronic, man; fight fire with fire.
esteban barnez
myspace.com/rawcakes
david wrote:I was just sitting here surfing and my mom looks over my shoulder. I had to jab down the down key real quick so she wouldn't see that topic title and question me about what kind of site I was going on.