Lower Leg Pain (Soleus) - SOLVED

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
footbagi
BSOS Beast

Lower Leg Pain (Soleus) - SOLVED

Post by footbagi » 17 Oct 2007 13:32

OUCH!

My soleus muscle was bruised when I was trying whirr. My dexing foot kicked my other leg as it was descending. This was about three weeks ago. I could shred on it fine then but now it seems to be getting worse. Couldn't even do butterflys last night and just walking on it is annoying. :evil: :cry: :evil: I also noticed that my other soleus is hurting a tiny bit. May be it's not related to the whirring bruise. IDK, my soles on my shoes are worn at the toe and it only hurts when I put pressure on those front balls.

Anyone experience anything like this, at all?

[/img]
Last edited by footbagi on 18 Sep 2009 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
First think about how to practice or don't bother practicing.

John Bagi

Bringerofpie
Fearless

Post by Bringerofpie » 17 Oct 2007 15:52

See a doctor. Or Emerel. That guy is awesome.

BAM! Kick it up a notch!
"Fuck it man, you just gotta do it."

Joe Snyder

Representing FLF (Fort Lauderdale Footbaggers)

http://onlycountria.myminicity.com

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 17 Oct 2007 16:01

Oh ya. I was having soleus pain for a while a few weeks back. I do one stretch that helps.

It's the last stretch shown on the website: http://www.halhigdon.com/15Ktraining/Stretch.htm
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 25 Oct 2007 07:54

john, the reason soleus hurts when you put pressure on the ball of your foot is because inorder to go up onto the ball of your foot soleus has to contract. soleus plantar flexes your ankle (moves the top of your foot down, away from your shin). so when you are standing and raise up on the ball of your foot soleus has to contract very forcefuly inorder to over come gravity and the weight of your body, and further streses the muscle. best advice i can give you is stop training and let it rest and heal, keep off it as best you can. if it's just a bruise it will take a while to heal up but should be fine a couple of weeks. rest, ice, compression, elevation.
A.G.

footbagi
BSOS Beast

Post by footbagi » 25 Oct 2007 13:49

Yeah, "R.I.C.E." I'm doing that.

It went away for a day, now it's back. I"m just staring to get good at stepping tricks and they hurt the most. AHHHHH

I appreciate all of your advice for my concern.

Thanks, looks like rest is the best thing.

John Bagi

footbagi
BSOS Beast

Post by footbagi » 18 Sep 2009 20:03

I got some good fixens for ya'll hurtin's's's.

Here's is what I think happens:

Jumping up and down too much can cause stress on the bones in your lower legs. The constant jumping combined with "cranking" your ankles and flexing the soleus muscle causes even more stress.

When you push on the bone on the inside of your lower calf muscle does it hurt? When I pressed on the bone it was bruised. Yikes that was bad because bones take a long time to heal.

So here are the two only known solutions that I have found for this:
1 --- Don't exercise and let it heal.
2 ---- SUPPLEMENTS!!! You need CALCIUM. I found a product called "Bone Basics" it is the only reason why I still play footbag today. It has actual bovine bone in the pill. I combined it with "Bamboo Silica" to make a super bone regeneration concoction.

I mixed number one, above, with number two and now I play footbag. It's a good time to drill dexless stuff. NO STEPPING and NO TOE SHUFFLE and just basically no pounding on your tippy toes.

Hope this helps.

John Bagi

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 28 Sep 2009 17:46

I've been wondering for awhile what kind of damage footbag does, specifically to the lower body. It's got to put a lot of stress on it once you get up to some higher add tricks

xsisbest
Shredaholic

Post by xsisbest » 07 Apr 2011 15:56

Stepping is killing my shins lately.. I thought I had put an end to my shin splint pain but it's come back full force.. I even had to take almost 2-3 weeks off or very lightly as I twisted my ankle wrestling.. But after going back to playing heavy again it's back with a vengeance. I may try your pill concoction to see if that does the trick for me.. Inserts were never the answer for me.. It was mostly form for me but stepping puts so much pressure on your push off leg that I can't even hardly do it on my left leg.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 09 Nov 2011 18:56

footbagi wrote:I got some good fixens for ya'll hurtin's's's.

Here's is what I think happens:

Jumping up and down too much can cause stress on the bones in your lower legs. The constant jumping combined with "cranking" your ankles and flexing the soleus muscle causes even more stress.

When you push on the bone on the inside of your lower calf muscle does it hurt? When I pressed on the bone it was bruised. Yikes that was bad because bones take a long time to heal.

So here are the two only known solutions that I have found for this:
1 --- Don't exercise and let it heal.
2 ---- SUPPLEMENTS!!! You need CALCIUM. I found a product called "Bone Basics" it is the only reason why I still play footbag today. It has actual bovine bone in the pill. I combined it with "Bamboo Silica" to make a super bone regeneration concoction.

I mixed number one, above, with number two and now I play footbag. It's a good time to drill dexless stuff. NO STEPPING and NO TOE SHUFFLE and just basically no pounding on your tippy toes.

Hope this helps.
John, never actually met you, but you just saved my game. I mean, you will be... Not just yet, but you definitely will be. For about a month, I have been playing on that on that very injury... Had no clue what it was. Tried to ignore it. Even took a week and a half off because of it. I felt it again tonight wile I was drilling, so I decided to half-assedly look on Modified for some sort of reason or similar injury, and I was severely hoping that it wasn't a stress fracture... I stumbled upon this.. It matches my problem exactly, down to every minor detail. I'm going to pm you for more info, and I'm also going to buy me some of that bone juice :P THANK YOU. YOU JUST SAVED MY GAME... and most importantly... YOU GAVE ME THE HOPE I NEEDED
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman