Ankle Sprains

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
Bobo040
Circle Kicker

Ankle Sprains

Post by Bobo040 » 09 Nov 2007 18:19

Probably the most common footbag injury (at least in my circle) is a sprained ankle. I recently had a very serious sprain (in an accident that was completely unrelated to footbag) and was on crutches for a week and a half. While this sprain in particular was not caused by hacking, I have had several bad sprains that were caused by playing footbag, as have my friends. My ankle is still severely swollen, and I won't be playing for another week or two (that is if I obey my doctor). My question is this: are there any remedies or fixes for a sprained ankle, or at least a way to get over them faster? It's killing me standing by the circle every day and seeing all my friends getting better and better, and I can't even do a basic set. (This is especially frustrating because I am currently the best one in our group, and I aims to keep it that way.) If anyone has any suggestions, they would be VERY much appreciated. Thanks!
Klaatu Verata Niktu!

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 09 Nov 2007 21:44

I made a whole thread about this a while ago:
http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=16555

great that you got professional advice on this.

Basically you need to take time off until the swelling has gone down, if you start playing again too soon then you will have a far greater chance of re-injury.

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 12 Nov 2007 14:00

Instead of icing with normal ice, try DRY ICE!!! Its way better!

Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 12 Nov 2007 14:38

^^ I believe Andrew already made a rant about posting bullshit Sam.

What would happen if he took you seriously? I hope no one is that stupid.
Pengpeng Du

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 13 Nov 2007 08:55

QuantumBalance wrote:Instead of icing with normal ice, try DRY ICE!!! Its way better!
AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! IT BURNS!!!!!!

Sam. :evil:

:P
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87