Advice

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
Bajawoojie
Circle Kicker

Advice

Post by Bajawoojie » 04 Dec 2007 19:10

oRly
Last edited by Bajawoojie on 30 Apr 2008 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 04 Dec 2007 20:13

Some people just sweat more. I am one of them. It's not a big deal. If there are certain abnormal properties in your sweat that might be a problem, but I don't know what they are. Perhaps somebody else does!

Drink more water. If you sweat more, you lose more. ;)
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 04 Dec 2007 20:23

hey buddy.

dont drink less water... especially if youre doing physical activites. drinking less water might lower sweat, but might also dehydrate you. and dehydration to me is worse than sweating.

there are disorders that involve excessive sweat... and if you are concerned that you might have a disorder then see a doctor. its a common disorder.

also, i was watching tv the other day... and theres this new deodorant that is clinical! the men's version is called "degree clinical protection". is basically perscription strength deodorant and antipersperant.

edit: you mentioned you stopped drinking sodas. sodas dehydrate you, so maybe because you're not drinking sodas that means you are more hydrated which might mean more sweat? i also *glisten* early in a session... but its not a bad thing except its unattractive. sweat pushes toxins out of your body through your skin, so maybe its toxins that are releasing? or maybe im just out of shape... im sure its the later
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

dasreen
Shredaholic

Post by dasreen » 05 Dec 2007 07:07

Don't worry about it. It's sure some annoyance, I suffer from too, but it's, as already stated quite common. You just need to adapt a little bit... take a second tshirt with you when riding bike to school/work whatever, think ahead before taking the stairs.

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 05 Dec 2007 09:27

Welcome.

I've heard sweating is a good thing, I believe it means you're healthy.

my tips
:arrow: Get a head band if it's getting in your eyes
:arrow: Bring a towel to sessions

During the summer in Texas in 90-100*F weather I will sweat buckets at sessions. I drink lots of water and bring a sweat towel. Just wipe the sweat off every so often. No big deal.

PoisonTaffy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by PoisonTaffy » 05 Dec 2007 10:50

I am too a heavy sweater. Within 15 minutes of shredding ppl think I just got back from a swim (I didn't make this up, I was asked that question more than once).
However, I'm usually so consumed into what I'm doing that I hardly notice the puddles forming around me :roll:

The only advice I can add to this thread is to rinse your clothes in water after a session. It prevents the stale smell and I'm pretty sure it keeps your stuff from deteriorating.
"Childhood is short, immaturity is forever"

Roy Klein

Bringerofpie
Fearless

Post by Bringerofpie » 05 Dec 2007 13:18

Don't worry about it. I don't suggest using anti-perspirent deodorant unless you need to look really good, because it can mess with your skin and sweat glands.
"Fuck it man, you just gotta do it."

Joe Snyder

Representing FLF (Fort Lauderdale Footbaggers)

http://onlycountria.myminicity.com

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 05 Dec 2007 13:34

I have always been a heavy sweater during physical activity. I'm in the "bring a small towel" boat. and hydrate as you play. The more water flowing in and out of your system (cleaning you out in the process), the better, I say.

I am also in the "put your full name in your signature" boat :)
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Bajawoojie
Circle Kicker

Post by Bajawoojie » 06 Dec 2007 15:30

Thanks guys, its good to hear I'm not the only one.