How many knees?

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.

Has Whirl claimed your knee?

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 55

Colin
Flower Child

Post by Colin » 19 Apr 2005 14:10

They say that baseball pitchers shouldn't learn to throw curveballs until they're 15 or so, or past the 'hump' of puberty. Similar situation?
Colin Kennedy
ckennedy@footbag.org

xsisbest
Shredaholic

Post by xsisbest » 23 Apr 2011 23:28

I was thinking because of my age (38) that it was harder to train my body to bend the way it needs to to properly do a fairy set.. My knees are killing me from doing this set. It's almost like a pulled tendon or something. My right knee used to hurt alot but it's getting better the longer I do them. Plus I know that pain so I try and avoid any stress where it's hurting. But I just started doing flip sides more and my left knee is now killing as well. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate. Blenders also stretch that same spot alot.
A dream becomes a goal when action is taken towards it's achievement

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 16 Jun 2011 22:18

how I learned fairy is to keep it hippy and learn to set it to the same foot clipper. I dont think its hard on the knee? Keep your knee and foot in the same line from your pov, and treat it like an atomic.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 19 Jun 2011 14:12

Whirls have put a good friend/shred partner/footbag-student of mine, Jackson Raap, out of commission for a week or so (hopefully it gets better soon). I told him to stop whirling and he has, so we'll see how it going. I have my fingers crossed for him.

As for knee pain, I have some right now... and I think it's from a mixture of symp whirls and dragons. Symp whirl is obvious why, but with dragons, I used to have my right foot dragon out, then the left knee on my support leg would bend inward slightly to get my dragon flat. I'm trying to fix my form on it, and it feels better now.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman