WTF happend (ankle)

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
delakong
BSOS Beast

WTF happend (ankle)

Post by delakong » 10 May 2005 09:53

I was outside, kickin on my smoke break, and I've been trying to get dada down. I go to try it again, for like the millionth time, and when I land my ankle and heel feel like they explode! It hurt so bad. I didn't land any harder than usual, I didn't land any different than usual (that I know of). The pain went away after a couple minutes, but for those couple minutes, it felt like little gnomes were in my heel/ankle, hitting it with flaming pickaxes. WTF happened?!?!?!?
Joshua Annis

"Don't Panic..."
"I woke wanting nothing more than a box of Gushers....
DENIED
I shake my first at the sky."-Matt Cross
"Yeah, seriously! When I got back into my cubicle Jazz started throwing dimes at me. What an asshole."-David Wilder

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 10 May 2005 10:05

you landed heel first from what it sounds like. you weren't able to propperly cusion the jump and your heel bone and ankle absorbed all the shock. you need to play on your toes toe best cusion your jumps.
A.G.

SandWraith
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SandWraith » 10 May 2005 17:13

How is the cushioning in your work shoes? If it's bad, a way you might protect your bones from that shock would be to get some nice cushiony insoles (maybe try gellin'?). Hope the pain doesn't come back. :(
Zach Marine - Member of the Tendonitis Club!
blog

delakong
BSOS Beast

Post by delakong » 11 May 2005 06:17

Shitty cushioning in the shoes. I think Andrew is probably right. I probably did land flat flooted or more on the heel.
SandWraith wrote:Hope the pain doesn't come back.
Yeah, I think I learned from the first time not to land like that again. :?
Joshua Annis

"Don't Panic..."
"I woke wanting nothing more than a box of Gushers....
DENIED
I shake my first at the sky."-Matt Cross
"Yeah, seriously! When I got back into my cubicle Jazz started throwing dimes at me. What an asshole."-David Wilder

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 11 May 2005 07:22

The pain went away after a couple minutes, but for those couple minutes, it felt like little gnomes were in my heel/ankle, hitting it with flaming pickaxes. WTF happened?!?!?!?

hahaha, GREAT description. glad you're feeling better.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

jake
BSOS Beast

Re: WTF happend (ankle)

Post by jake » 09 Feb 2006 00:27

delakong wrote: The pain went away after a couple minutes, but for those couple minutes, it felt like little gnomes were in my heel/ankle, hitting it with flaming pickaxes. WTF happened?!?!?!?

hahahahaahaha thats so sweet i wish i would have said that but yeah id think u just landed wrong i did it once to didnt feel like the gnomes were there but it didnt feel good
Jake Marmon - Gresham Oregon
15-years old
yeah