PSYCHOLOGICAL INJURIES THAT AFFECT FOOTBAG PLAYERS

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
skoxn
Multidex Master

Post by skoxn » 25 Sep 2005 13:50

wow, i never thought, there are some other persons, who are bad at viewing and shredding at the same time!

in our club is a girl, that has only 10% wathcing power on one eye, the other one is completely destroyed. well, she isn´t busting 4´s and 5´s, but she is very encouraged and schooles a lot. i didn´t thought before, that that is really possible.

PROPS to all you handicapped shredding people!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
alexander skocki
dexterity dortmund e.V.

Ikuzo!!!

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 06 May 2007 21:59

back to psychological injuries.. heh

Smoking pot held me back. But, I held myself back by smoking... and everytime I plop down somewhere instead of shredding or workin out.. thats a habit, psychological inability to shred hard. Maybe.. read this and avoid it?

apoplectic
Shredalicious

Post by apoplectic » 07 May 2007 09:51

thinking you suck and you wont get any better.
David Adams

shred till your dead

mizua_r
Hack Fiend

Post by mizua_r » 07 May 2007 11:29

An emotional crises can definitely put a halt to your footbagging. You can get to feeling depressed or angry, or whatever else... and just not care about it anymore. This can also happen with other hobbies and things.
Becca

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 07 May 2007 14:36

i know anger really got me during sessions. whenever i couldn't hit a trick i'd either been practicing for awhile, or a trick i knew i could do easily, i'd fly off the handle. but this was in my basement, so i didn't have to deal with people looking at the "half-naked guy wearing short shorts screaming at a beanbag." but it did get real bad, and i broke open my mr. sandbag from throwing it across the room :roll: i think anger is what kept me from playing for about 6 months (for those who don't know, i haven't played for 6 months) i remember getting real pissed off because i was practicing inside stalls, and i kept dropping about every 10 stalls. and hobbies can also contribute to it. i know when i started playing guitar and when i joined track i had no time for footbag and didn't really want to play anyways.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 10 May 2007 21:59

The Military
bodybuilda

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 11 May 2007 13:26

I don't see how half of these are psychological.

Back on topic: for about a year and a half from 99-2000 I really cared about what other footbaggers thought about my game. I started playing to impress people, and not to have fun. I became really selfconscious about what tricks I was hitting, and add-ratio and silliness like that. Footbag was no longer fun for me, my form really suffered (my right foot clipper started hitting the ground, etc), and I ended up quitting footbag for 6 months.

After 6 months I picked up my footbag and decided to mess around with it and just have fun kicking it, like I used to when I first started. I pretty much taught myself everything all over again, and had a ton of fun doing so. My game improved faster than ever before, and I never looked back.

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 11 May 2007 14:33

I could have written stress, fatigue, low morale, no motivation, lack of sleep, depression, solo sessions for months on end while deployed, ship life, put downs, lack of funding for new bags/shoes, and decrease in skill level; but I decided to sum it up in one word.
bodybuilda

Torn
BSOS Beast

Post by Torn » 16 May 2007 08:54

Maraxus wrote:I could have written stress, fatigue, low morale, no motivation, lack of sleep, depression, solo sessions for months on end while deployed, ship life, put downs, lack of funding for new bags/shoes, and decrease in skill level; but I decided to sum it up in one word.
I used to be the same for 10 Months (Military service in Switzerland)..It really messed up my play and I'm still suffering from it because my motivation still is worse than before...But now that I'm free and having a 4 month break until study I can get back to life ;)

I think happiness really affects my play a lot...When I'm in a good mood theres nothing I can't do (or hit especially for footbag ;) ) Atm the weather is not really cooperative but I still practise as much as I can..Unfortunately my body somehow seems to think that it's better for me to sit in front of a computer because I almost passed out while shredding today and felt somehow drained off all energy, I stopped my session and I could barely walk anymore - really strange...Hope it will get better because I want to shred so hard :?
Julian Soldat

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while...you could miss it

jrstubs
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by jrstubs » 21 May 2007 13:46

I suffer from depression

Psilocybe
Fearless

Post by Psilocybe » 22 May 2007 20:02

Maybe...lonliness?

Shredding alone day after day without recognition?

Most of the time I don't care but sometimes it would be nice to talk footbag with others.

Chim-Chim
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Chim-Chim » 22 May 2007 21:17

come up to chicago to kick
Jake Raye

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 23 May 2007 09:08

lack of motivation. impatience (which keeps me from sticking to a drill for very long). egotism (which makes me think I'm doing awesome at footbag when really I'm not)
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Blue_turnip
Egyptian Footgod

Re: PSYCHOLOGICAL INJURIES THAT AFFECT FOOTBAG PLAYERS

Post by Blue_turnip » 07 Jul 2007 06:19

apoplectic wrote: thinking you suck and you wont get any better.
yes
Matt Cross wrote:lack of motivation. impatience (which keeps me from sticking to a drill for very long). egotism (which makes me think I'm doing awesome at footbag when really I'm not)
yes, yes
slapdash21 wrote: fear of physical injury
yes yes yes
Oliver Adams

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 07 Jul 2007 08:33

I wrote:fear of physical injury
only because i've already done it so many times. i tried to hit butterfly onto a thin metal pole stuck straight up from the ground. i tried gyro whirl off a 3 set. i've rolled my ankle probably 5 times playing footbag, i've slipped in the rain and landed on my back a couple times, i got kicked in the adam's apple playing hack going for a low head stall, i've scratched my other leg hard enough trying nuclear to make it bleed profusely and i've been nailed in the balls with short shorts on more times than i'd care to recall.
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

Blue_turnip
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Blue_turnip » 07 Jul 2007 19:06

slapdash21 wrote:
I wrote:fear of physical injury
only because i've already done it so many times. i tried to hit butterfly onto a thin metal pole stuck straight up from the ground. i tried gyro whirl off a 3 set. i've rolled my ankle probably 5 times playing footbag, i've slipped in the rain and landed on my back a couple times, i got kicked in the adam's apple playing hack going for a low head stall, i've scratched my other leg hard enough trying nuclear to make it bleed profusely and i've been nailed in the balls with short shorts on more times than i'd care to recall.
Oh with me its just because playing over 1.5 years really damaged my knees and now I'm terrified of damaging my knees more.
Oliver Adams

Bringerofpie
Fearless

Post by Bringerofpie » 07 Jul 2007 19:23

The only thing stopping me is my playing guitar, but I don't regret it. And I still stay in shape, but I'd like to find more time to skool. My job ends in two weeks and then I have two more with nothing, so I'm planning to improve then.

Also, South Florida summer weather+global warming=playing inside and not being able to shred without breaking shit.
"Fuck it man, you just gotta do it."

Joe Snyder

Representing FLF (Fort Lauderdale Footbaggers)

http://onlycountria.myminicity.com

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 08 Jul 2007 10:40

I have this voice in my head that tells me no matter what I do, it's not good enough. It does get really frustrating sometimes (everytime) when I just want to play to have fun. It's not just about footbag either, it's EVERY thing that I do.
James Randall

Blue_turnip
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Blue_turnip » 08 Jul 2007 18:57

habitat wrote:I have this voice in my head that tells me no matter what I do, it's not good enough. It does get really frustrating sometimes (everytime) when I just want to play to have fun. It's not just about footbag either, it's EVERY thing that I do.
Scary
Oliver Adams