Halo 3

This is the forum to discuss non-footbag movies, TV, music, videogames, and art.
Switch Kicker
Egyptian Footgod

Halo 3

Post by Switch Kicker » 02 Sep 2007 14:27

I knew long ago that I would be the one to post this topic.

I'm assuming that a good amount of you know that Halo 3 is coming to store shelves on September 26 this year. I'm assuming only a small amount of us (including myself) are barely able to contain our excitement for the game.

I've been listening to the official Bungie Podcasts for a few weeks now, and they just keep revealing more and more fantastic news about the game. Obviously nothing to do with the storyline has been revealed, but new aspects about that game are being revealed weekly now. Here's some of the most recent stuff.

Four player co-op. Yes, this is a few weeks old, but still exciting non-the-less. I can only assume that this is playable over Live, because it's playable over LAN. I heard somewhere on one of the Podcasts that 4-Player Co-op on Live was definitely in the cards. So that will be great just by itself.

Now an even cooler tag onto the 4-Player Co-op, is Meta Game. It's competitive co-op. 2-4 Players play through campaign mode, and each kill, head shot, etc, delivers certain amounts of points to the player's score total. You're competing against your teammate, for more points during campaign. This can be very fun, and very chaotic. You still have to cooperate with each other to complete the missions, (ESPECIALLY on Legendary) but you're still trying to get a higher score than your teammate, and that can turn sour real quick if you're both messin' around, lol. Kill your teammate to get a group of Brutes tagged onto your score, lol. I'm gonna have fun with that.

Next I'll talk about Forge. This is a very unique, and definitely new multiplayer option. As many of us know, Halo 3 is going to have a map editor, and a detailed gametype editor. They never really told us just how detailed the gametype editor was going to be. The gametype editor, is a gametype itself. A gametype in which up to 8 people can play in. So you can hook up 8 people in a free for all, 2 teams of 4, 4 teams of 2, 2 6, 2 v 2 v 4, whatever you want. However, in the game, you tap the X button, and you turn into one of the Monitors. You turn into 343 Guilty Spark from Halo 1. As this monitor, you can float around the map, within invisible boundries, and edit anything you want (Except for the geography of the map itself) within the game, while people are playing. So you can have all 8 players floating around, changing aspects of the gametype. Not only can you choose what weapons spawn where and how often with how much ammunition, but you can choose where those weapon spawn points are, any point on the map that you want. You can choose which players spawn with which weapons, you can choose spawn points for vehicles, even players. You can force one team to spawn in one area every time, and another team, in another area, every time. I'll present a crude example below.

Zombies (aka Dawn of the Dead, Infection) is a gametype (a boring one I might add) in which there are two teams. Red and Green. The game starts with one person on the Green team, he is the zombie. Everyone has a Shotgut, and a Sword. Only Red team is allowed to have shotguns, and the zombies are only allowed to carry the sword. The Green team must kill the red team with the sword. Once a red member dies by the sword, he must use the "Change Teams" option and turn Green, thus becoming a zombie. The last person on Red team, is the winner and is the starting zombie on the next game. So it's all based off of the honor system. With the Forge system, you can go into a map, for instance, there is a new on in Halo 3 (forget the name though) that has a beach, and a base a little ways up the beach. You can float around as the monitor, set the spawn points for Red team to be ONLY inside that base. Set spawn points for Shotguns and Shotgun ammo only inside the base. Set a couple turrets on the roof of the base, then set the spawn points for Green team on the beach and give them a sword or whatever. And then maybe create a power up for them (Another cool feature in Halo 3, you can create your own power ups. Remember overshields and camo, you can make your own now with maybe moon physics, fast running, or basically whatever you want) to use to better their chances of getting to the base alive. Then you can spanw debris, or maybe just crates, or whatever you want really, to barricade the doors and entries to the base. Then you can choose to make it so that if a Red dies, they respawn as a Green. They can't cheat that way. Once you have the game the way you want it, save it, and then you can use it in normal Multiplayer games on you Xbox 360, LAN, and Live. If you get a really really super popular gametype going on the Bungie share ware channel, Bungie will put it into Matchmaking. (Fat chance though, it's really hard to make balanced popular gametypes...)

Another example, actually created by Bungie themselves. "Rocket Race." They took the Gametype "VIP", where you need to get the VIP on your team to a check points. They made 12 checkpoints, you have to reach them in order, making it into a race. Then they made it so that everyone spawns at one spot on the map, they put a bunch of rockets there, then made it so Mongooses spawn repeatedly there. The VIP hops on back with a rocket (Because VIP can't drive) and there teammate drives them from checkpoint to checkpoint. 4 teams of 2, nothing with rockets, health cranked to the max so you can take 2-3 rockets, makes for a really ridiculous and crazy gametype where everyone's flying around in the air, getting blown to shit. You couldn't do that on Halo 1 or 2, because you wouldn't have had the tools to make such a gametype on them. And this is really on the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Forge. This opens nearly unlimited possibilities. Can't wait to be playing, then be floating around as the monitor, someone on the other team comes up and starts shooting me (You can die as the monitor), turn around, spawn a tank right above him, or a crate, or just kind of spawn a sniper rifle in my buddy's hands so he can shoot him in the fuckin' face. Can't wait.

But yeah, if you have any questions, or ideas, or just wanna talk about Halo (anything Halo), or just, whatever. Here's the place to do it. There's so much other stuff too. But I'll post it later.

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 02 Sep 2007 15:30

I'm waiting for this, too. I'm just not looking forward to spending 300 some bucks for a 360, since Halo 3 isn't on regular Xbox. I dunno if I really will go through with this, because I rarely have time to play it right now. We'll see. I was waiting until Halo actually came out to buy 360 to see if the price would go down, and it went down 50 bucks I think, but maybe I will wait longer and see if it goes down anymore.
Chrissy Fryer

Switch Kicker
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Switch Kicker » 03 Sep 2007 16:52

pips wrote:I'm waiting for this, too. I'm just not looking forward to spending 300 some bucks for a 360, since Halo 3 isn't on regular Xbox. I dunno if I really will go through with this, because I rarely have time to play it right now. We'll see. I was waiting until Halo actually came out to buy 360 to see if the price would go down, and it went down 50 bucks I think, but maybe I will wait longer and see if it goes down anymore.
Well, there's three versions you can buy. You can get the Core console (I don't recommend it however.) for $279.99, the Premium console for $349.99 (I think it should be more like $319.99...), or the sexy new Elite console for $449.99. The Elite one is definitely worth the money, at least in my opinion. However I'm not going to get that one. I'm going for the Halo 3 themed Xbox 360. It's the same one as the Premium, but with a Halo 3 casing, controller, and headset, for $399.99. Pretty limited stuff though, if I can't snatch one up, I'll be forkin' over $450 for the Elite one.

Oh, if you'd like to see the Halo 3 console, look here.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xb ... o3console/

Not the best picture. Apparently it looks much different in real life. Frankie was talking about it on the Bungie Podcast two weeks ago. He said that pictures of it don't do it justice, that it looks much better in real life. Hope I can get one, lol. Actually hoping to see one in a store, like EB Games before I buy one. Should be out in two weeks, the 16th I think.

Spawn
Multidex Master

Post by Spawn » 05 Sep 2007 20:50

I can't wait for halo 3... I already pre-ordered the Legendary edition. :D
CL: how to lick own elbow, illusions, pixies, and basics
-Denton louis

Switch Kicker
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Switch Kicker » 07 Sep 2007 10:49

Spawn wrote:I can't wait for halo 3... I already pre-ordered the Legendary edition. :D
Right on. I've only met a select few besides my friends who are getting teh Legendary edition. Can't wait to get my little helmet thing, lol.

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 07 Sep 2007 13:34

That helmet thing is really dumb.

Collecter's Edition is fine for me.
Matt Kemmer

Switch Kicker
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Switch Kicker » 08 Sep 2007 12:44

Helmet thingy's more of a added bonus to the main reason I'm getting Legendary. Comes with extra discs with tons of extra stuff. And Legendary case looks bad ass.

Spawn
Multidex Master

Post by Spawn » 09 Sep 2007 20:31

Even though its not wearable, thats not going to stop me from attaching it to my head some how. :)
-Denton louis

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 12 Sep 2007 16:42

People who hacked into the Epsilon version of Halo 3 got banned from Xbox Live until 9999 AD.
Matt Kemmer

Dave Da
Shredaholic

Post by Dave Da » 20 Sep 2007 07:58

I have it pre order as well. I just got the regular version I dont care about a helmet or extra discs, I just wanna play the game

BTW it comes out the 25th.
DAVID M. DAVIS

In life footbag is always there for you.

Switch Kicker
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Switch Kicker » 20 Sep 2007 09:40

Saw some campaign game play videos at highimpacthalo.org (great site) and I simply can't believe just how good it looks. Next Tuesday baby, gonna be locked in my friend's house with soda, chips, and severe lack of day light being allowed through the windows.

Dave Da
Shredaholic

Post by Dave Da » 20 Sep 2007 09:45

Wish I could still do stuff like that. I eat sleep breathe shit Work and School. If Im not at work doing HW Im playing footbag. Video games kinda take a back seat to that kind of stuff although, I may lose some sleep playing this game.
DAVID M. DAVIS

In life footbag is always there for you.

Switch Kicker
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Switch Kicker » 20 Sep 2007 18:47

Heh. I used to be like that for a lot of games. Now it's just Halo. I lost some sleep when Twilight Princess came out for the Wii, but yeah... This is going to be so much worse, ha ha.

I can't actually do that. Because Bungie's stupid as hell and decided to release the game on a weekday, those fuckers. Oh well.

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 21 Sep 2007 19:37

Bungie's stupid as hell for releasing the game on a weekday?

Notice how every game (disregarding short delays) get released on a Tuesday?

Ever think that maybe stores get shipments on Tuesdays?
Matt Kemmer

Switch Kicker
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Switch Kicker » 21 Sep 2007 20:41

Guess I haven't noticed that. Only games I've bought in the past 4-5 years is Halo 1 and Halo 2.

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 25 Sep 2007 11:23

Hot Off The Grill wrote:Uncle Sam has his finger on the pulse of todays youth.

Halo 3 was released tonight and the recruiters are out in full force.

ByrnsiE
Hack Fiend

Post by ByrnsiE » 25 Sep 2007 13:06

hah what a story i got to tell.

some my stupid friends decide to camp outside of gamestop for 9 hours so they would be first... funny thing there were about 15 people there b4 them already so i had to laugh my ass off at them. so they bought 3 coppies and stayed up all night beat 4man legendary in 6 hours.
Josh Byrns ~ aka "Byrnsie"

Fayetteville, New York

Switch Kicker
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Switch Kicker » 25 Sep 2007 16:12

I was at my EB Games for 6 hours. Heh heh. Some major Halo 2 ownage was going on while waiting.

Haven't beat the game yet. Only played 3 levels then went to bed. Gonna pick back up in a short bit here. Loving the 4 player co-op.

My body was literally shaking while putting the disc into the 360.

Btw, the load screen looks soooooooOOO bad ass. I like it.

King Monkey
Post Master General

Post by King Monkey » 25 Sep 2007 20:59

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PGpn4c96ZU&NR=1

Have you seen this?

*Really wish i could afford an Xbox*
Ian Pritchard - http://www.ausfootbag.org

'People, just play Footbag and stop being dickheads!' - Michał Biarda

Spawn
Multidex Master

Post by Spawn » 26 Sep 2007 21:02

Wow, amazing game. I skipped school to go pickup my preordered copy; than played it from 9:00am-1:00pm and wrapped it. The story for this game is amazing just like its predecessors.

Thank you Bungie. :)
-Denton louis